L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

on 9/27/2015 9:27:00 PM

This is my go-to when I can't get to Sephora to buy Blinc mascara. It flakes a little more than Blinc and is a little harder to remove. However, has mostly the same non-smudge properties. I used the white undercoat only once and it burned my eyes, never again. Wish there were more colors than black...

I've tried a lot of different mascaras. I have short sparse lashes and this mascara has worked the best for me consistently. I seem to always to back to this one after branching out and trying other well rated (sometimes expensive) mascaras.

on 10/26/2013 8:47:00 PM

Hands down, the best mascara for any price. I've used the white base coat even with other mascaras on top, and it still stays on in the pool. If I ran out of this, I would panic. The two step process is easy, and guarantees no raccoon eyes, flaking or smudging. Warm water alone takes it off, and again no black residue left under your eyes. Perfect in every way. Why the other brands don't try to copy this is their loss!

Ok, this is definitely not my favorite mascara. However, I figured out what the problem is - the wand. The 'primer' coat clumped like crazy and was a BIG mess. Tried the mascara end, it was eh, okay but nothing special. Someone made the comment to try a different wand with the 'primer' product and TA-DA! much much better. I wouldn't buy it again unless they change out the wand but at least I'm able to use the product until it's gone.

on 4/8/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic product! I've been wearing this daily for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it. It NEVER smudges or flakes. It looks as good at 10pm as when I put it on at 8AM.

I took a previous reviewer's advice on the application process and I haven't had any problems getting nice, full, long lashes. The key is to apply the primer to one eye, then right away flip the tube around and apply the coloured mascara while the primer is still wet. I just do one eye at a time (primer & colour) and it works wonderfully.

Removal is the easiest thing in the world. Just use warm water and a gentle washcloth or cotton pad. The little tubes slide right off.

The only downfall I can see to this is that there is no such thing as a good second coat with this mascara. You have to get it on there on the first coat or it ends up looking like messy spider lashes.

I would definitely buy this again, and will continue using it for my everyday mascara.

on 1/13/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a pretty cool product. I have long lashes, but what woman doesn't want to capitalize on what she already has, right? If you want really long, "notice me" lashes, you owe it to yourself to give this a try. It takes a little getting used to and I wouldn't recommend using it on those days when you're in a rush, since you have to apply the primer then the masaca itself, and if you try to speed through the process, you'll get stuck-together, somewhat clumpy results. Take your time and you'll love how your lashes look - mine even hit my sunglasses when I put them on - yowza. It doesn't flake, smudge or run but removes easily with warm water and a gentle make-up remover. (I've never tried using warm water only, though some ladies report that works also.) I'm not sure how L'oreal managed to make that happen, but they did. In summation, this isn't my everyday, go-to mascara, but it's nice for special occasions or when I have time to "play" with my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I pride myself as having seen quite a few gimmicks as far as cosmetics go and pretty much blowing most of them if not all of them off. So when I first heard of the concept of beauty tubes in a double wand mascara I was thinking meh, I won't fall for it. Well, after trying the double extend lash boosting mascara and liking it pretty well, I decided to give this a whirl. This mascara combined with my Revlon Extra Curl eyelash curler has given me great big giant huge long lush lashes!! Yes, I'm serious! I never knew my lashes could look like this just using a mascara. I was highly skeptical about this mascara but for me it works great and I don't have already long lashes-mine are pretty average. I almost look like I have on fake lashes. Washing it off was kind of an odd experience to say the least but I really don't care since it gives me such long lush lashes. This time for me anyway, the hype worked!

on 9/6/2010 9:15:00 PM

The only reason to use this mascara is because you can't find anything else that doesn't smudge and you mainly want longer lashes. Aside from that, there are a lot of con's: tends to glue lashes together for spidery effect; does not thicken at all; kills the curl; the two-step application with the primer is a hassle; and the fat brushes smear product on my lids. So I've switched over to some mascara found at a Japanese grocery store in SF Japantown (Dramatic Parfums' Dramatic Volume & Curl Mascara), which also doesn't smudge or flake, but gives a little bit more volume in one coat and dries super fast.

on 7/3/2010 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mascara, even though I was hesitating to buy it based on the low score on MUA.
It's close to perfect. I apply the primer first, don't even let it dry, then the mascara. I actually like the bristles, they apply the mascara evenly and separate my lashes flawlessly, I don't need to run a comb through them to separate them, like I do with my other mascaras. It lengthens my lashes a great deal (well I don't know about 80%, but still...), and it lets them keep their curl. It feels like I have nothing on, and I haven't noticed any clumping or spider lashes. No fallout what so ever. They look natural, just longer.
Removal is easy, you just gently rub some warm water with 2 fingers on your lashes, and you can see the tiny fibers come off. I love that I don't have to use eye m/up remover, as it usually left me with raccoon eyes in the morning. this washes out clean, and my lashes look great, soft and healthy after.
I think of this as a good buy, and I'll probably repurchase.

on 5/30/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

With light blonde, almost white lashes -- it's a trick to find the right mascara, as I ALWAYS wear mascara, no matter what.

Intrigued by the technology, I read the reviews here, first, before I purchased. The advice on putting the primer on first and while it's still wet, put on the mascara -- excellent. Because sure enough if that primer dries (and it dries fast!) the mascara can't cover doodly squat without clumping every eye lash, it seems.

I don't care for waterproof or even water resistant mascara, as I don't like pulling the delicate area around the eye or yanking out my lashes daily. So I've always used normal formula mascara, with baby shampoo to wash it off (no tears!). It's been effective for almost 20 years.

When I discovered this mascara, I couldn't believe my fortune. While it doesn't give me dark, naughty, full lashes like I've enjoyed with other mascaras, it is worth 5 lippies just on the fact that this stuff NEVER rubs off, smears, or runs even during SLEEP or my poor year-round allergy-weepy eyes. Then to top it off, it comes off effortlessly with warm water!! WOW WAY COOL.

Yes, the spider-type stuff that rolls down my face and sticks to the sink (or my shower walls) is creepy, but it's not really fair to pick on a mascara that is waterproof without having to yank one's eyelashes out to finally remove it.