L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Filtered by age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.9

on 10/2/2015 12:03:00 PM

I love this mascara so much that I am honestly furious I didn't discover it till age 30. I'm about to use up my first tube and I will definitely be repurchasing.

I teach hot yoga and am in a sweaty room for several hours a day, so makeup that looks natural and stays put even through rivers of sweat is KEY. My personal ride-or-die items include NYX waterproof brow gel, those Revlon balm stains, Urban Decay All Nighter, and this. I've taught three classes in a row and this mascara literally does not budge or flake a single bit, even if I rub my eyes to wipe away sweat. And when I want to take it off, just a few handfuls of warm water pressed to my eyes and the tubes slide off completely! I don't think I've ever seen my eyes totally and completely clean of makeup unless I don't wear any for several days. With this mascara, nothing gets left behind. LOVE

Other people have talked about not using the white base coat; I've experimented with this, and it definitely affects the longevity. If you're just having a normal day of non-sweating, no rain, etc, then you can skip the base coat. If you're going to be getting damp or sweating a lot, I would recommend using the base coat for sure. Also, the base coat does wonders of lengthening and thickening. I definitely use it every time. Clumping and too-thick application are solved by simply wiping off the tip of the wand on some toilet paper to get rid of that big glob of product. This is true of every single mascara I have ever used, high-end and low-end alike, so I guess people complaining about it never learned that trick.

I realize that there are higher-end tube mascaras out there, but a) I'm cheap and b) I have no complaints about this one, so unless I get one of those other mascaras in a birchbox or something I don't plan on fixing what ain't broke.

on 10/1/2015 10:01:00 PM

I've been buying this mascara since L'Oreal first came out with it in 2008. It works really great for me. I hope they always make it.

on 2/12/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I've bought this 3 or 4 times now simply because it's so easy to wash off. It comes off with warm water in little clumps of plastic vinyl like substance. It does NOT get inky and smear like all other mascaras. But I probably won't buy again because it has NO volume. I can only apply two coats or my lashes clump and stick together in spidery globs. Also the white primer plus the black mascara makes my lashes kind of grey. I want to love this because of the vinyl type material instead of an ink like regular mascara but it just doesn't look good.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

on 7/9/2013 7:38:00 AM

Yes, I would buy it again but only because I still haven't found the better one. It comes with a lot of excess material on the brush, which is a problem with the white part as you don't want your eyelashes glued together. It is very difficult to take off (which is on the plus side).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is the best mascara-period. I recently bought a more expensive one at sephora (MUFE) and will definitely go back to this one. It separates and elongates beautifully. On sale, the price is affordable and I get asked what mascara I'm using when I have this one on. Also, one of the best things is NO MORE RACCOON EYES! I love that they rinse off easily when you want to like little tubes-great technology.

on 11/14/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is awesome. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought another brand that was on sale, and it was like heaven when I finally went back to the Beauty Tubes. You don't even need the white conditioner, I think. But if you do use it, it makes your lashes even more dramatic, but also adds some clumpiness, but you can definitely avoid it if you just take your time applying. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It's a little bit expensive, but honestly, I really love it so it's worth it. ALso, washing it off is a little different from normal mascara. It sort of slips off your lashes in tubes with warm water, so it almost feels like your real lashes are being washed away. You'll get used to it though :-) Great stuff! Definitely worth a try!!

Love this mascara! I bought it on a whim before reading makeup alley. I was dismayed by all the reviews so I just left it in my drawer. I was in a hurry and my lash blast fell and rolled under the bed. Ive decided to try this and boy was I impressed. I applied the serum and thought I look funny ala lady gaga. Then I applied the mascara. It separated and lengthened my lashes and hold the curl well. Best of all it did not smudge or travel unlike my lashblast even in waterproof! Best thing is that it is fun to remove. Warm water then my regular cleanser does the trick! Will definitely buy again.

on 6/15/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great mascara, but there's a knack to it, which I think must account for the strange negative reviews on here. Firstly, be light handed with the primer, only put on a very thin coat or you'll get clumpy lashes. Secondly, as a reviewer said below, put the mascara on straight away. I put the primer on one eye and then immediately do the mascara, before moving on to the second eye.

I've completely stopped using my lash curler with this mascara, if I did they'd curl back on themselves! This is the most curling mascara I've ever used, it's VERY lengthening and reasonably thickening. It doesn't smudge or flake. It comes off easiest in the shower.

Tubing mascaras are latex based, so if you're allergic to latex this won't be for you.

Update: This works much better if you put both the serum and mascara on top of the lashes as well as underneath. I always do this, but tried the other day just applying underneath like most people do. Still very lengthened, but didn't get the amazing curl or any thickness.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i got this product because of all of the coupons i had to use in walgreens and it came with the lash boosting serum i will review that too. the mascara i do not like at all it claims to be black but its rather ashy. but the primer is the best i have had yet. so far i have tried mac prep and prime and lancome clis booster.
the brush grips every lash and spreads evenly.
its not to wet but not dry either
it does not irritate my eyes at least
helps fill out my lashes.
i just wish i could buy a tube with out the mascara