Heliocare - Extreme 50 UVA/UVB Gel

Heliocare - Extreme 50 UVA/UVB Gel

4.4

Aqua Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Octocrylene Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Hexylene Glycol Polyacrylamide PEG/PPG-20/6 Dimethicone Zinc Oxide C13-14 Isoparaffin Polypodium Leucotomos Leaf Extract Phenoxyethanol Titanium Dioxide Laureth-7 Cetyl Dimethicone Camelia Sinensis Extract Tocopheryl Acetate Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol Micrococcus Lysate Tetrasodium EDTA Alumina BHT Simethicone Triethoxycaprylylsilane Parfum Linalool Limonene

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is game changing - the only spf I have yet to find that either isn't greasy or doesn't break me out. Most suncreams leave my face very shiny and result in the occasional spot, & over the summer I tried the La Roche Posay Anthelios & it resulted in the WORST, most painful breakouts all over my face. Therefore, I wanted to find a new spf I could wear daily that didn't irritate my skin or leave it shiny - this is perfect! It smells like peaches (no typical suncream smell - yay!), isn't greasy & skins in fast, but doesn't dry my skin out. This hasn't caused any breakouts and I feel like my skin is well-protected on a daily basis. I will definitely re-purchase when I run out

on 2/6/2018 7:32:00 AM

Wanted a daily spf at a good price point.

This leaves no white cast on my olive/pale skin and a good base for my nars tinted moisturiser. Often get compliments on my skin as it gives a nice subtle glow. I double cleanse with a mild cleanser (la roche posay caring wash) as it's waterproof. It stings if it gets near your eyes! Have repurchased many times and would definitely aim to always have a tube of this in my cupboard. I alternate this one with neostrata spf 50.

Looses one lippy as doesn't contain any actives like elta md and neostrata spfs do.

Would like to try the heliocare tinted version of this formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just no! I have very sensitive skin and this self tanner made it red (I was not tanning and my face never burn from forest hikes) and clogged many pores.
I've tried it for two times with several days gap. Same result. Sending it back!

on 1/30/2017 7:20:00 AM

A new holy grail in my quest for an everyday SPF 50! No white cast, a pleasant smell, sinks in quickly and works well under makeup. I have very combination skin, and occasionally I need something a little more moisturising for my cheeks, but for oily skin this is absolutely amazing.

on 9/18/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. It's my everyday SS. Smells great, kinda like peaches but subtle. Spreads well. DOES NOT STING or make my eyes burn. It's a little sticky but doesn't feel heavy- anything I've tried that's not sticky dries me out too much. I use a little IT Cosmetics powder foundation over it on my cheeks to cover the redness and broken caps.

I know I don't use the "proper amount" but I just can't for everyday exposure. I'm hoping every bit helps. I put it in an empty little pump bottle (copper tone?)

Haven't tested it for all day in the sun or at the beach. Can never remember if it's waterproof/ resistant or not. Don't want to chance it.

Definitely worth a try if you're still looking for a facial SS!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great sunscreen for acne-prone skin. Provides amazing protection without the greasy finish. Slight white cast but still much better than those I've tried. Its derm-recommended and makes your skin look better as well.

on 9/29/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this product on advice of my dermatologist. I have oily skin thats prone to breakouts, this is the only sunblock that doesnt cause my skin to break out.
The gel texture is super light and very moisturising, I find it makes a great base for my make up. Great stuff.

on 9/16/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry sensitive aczema prone skin. I love this sunscreen SPF 50 gel. It does not cause me to breakout and does not cause my eczema to flare up. It is moisturising. It glides on to your skin, absorbs quickly, does not leave any white residue, smells great & goes well under makeup. It is called a gel but is more of a light cream fluid consistency. It is a little pricey for such a small tube but a little goes a long way. To make my tube last longer I use it only on my face. I use any other cheaper brand sunscreen on my neck & chest area because my skin is less sensitive in those areas compared to my face.

on 7/18/2015 3:47:00 PM

Fabulous product worth every penny. I usually use derma quest sunscreen with spf30 which I love as a moisturiser but I was given a sample of this after a skin peel. I have since purchased the full size product as it glides on easily and your make up goes on perfectly. I was a bit dubious at first as I tried a Heliocare product last year and it gave a white cast but this is so different and is a joy to use and spf50 is the way to go. I havnt tried it on holiday as yet so I'm not sure how it reacts when reapplying but I can't see a problem. Love it.

on 5/31/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all say that, THIS IS THE BEST SUNSCREEN I'VE EVER USED! I have extremely sensitive, acne and redness-prone skin. As this has antioxidants and healing properties, it calmed my skin while providing great protection from both uva and uvb rays. I don't know how this does but I can feel my skin is improving. It's not getting oily as much as it did before. And the skin's texture is obviously better. Every morning I use this after washing my face and toning. I don't need to use another moisturizer as this is quite hydrating. Also makes skin touchably softer which I love. <3 Overall great product Istrongly recommend especially for sensitive and problematic skins. This is your solution guys!