wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Esters, BHT, Propylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850)

on 4/12/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I bought this because I loved the color but was quickly disappointed when it creased only a few minutes after I applied it. Save your money and don't buy this.

I liked these pencils, I'm surprised everyone seems to hate them. Mine glide really well on my skin when used over a lip primer or eyeshadow base. I use this one to build color with purple or smokey looks. It is a little sheer, but it's so cheap I was expecting as much. I like them for the price and color selection.

on 10/16/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty, shiny purple color. I find that I have to go over my lid several times with the pencil for the color to fully show up. Since I have to press down hard for it to work, I find the sensation of the pencil pushing against my eye pretty annoying. It also has a tendency to leave strange crease lines after it's been on for awhile. But, considering the really cheap price, it isn't all that bad.

on 9/11/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this cream e/s pencil two days ago from a Rite Aid for $3.99, despite how small it is and the name brand, I liked the color and hoped it would be worth the ridiculous price.
-I was sorely disappointed. In the pencil it looks 'very' similar to NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s Pencil, but a little more blue-ish.
I swatched it on my hand to find it to be 'very' sheer and it clumped up in odd places on my skin...just little clumps here and there of product. So, definitely not what I would consider a smooth application. It was still a really pretty blue/purple duo-chrome, but I wasn't sure it was worth it.
-Someone else mentioned that this reminds them of MAC's "Stars'n'Rockets" e/s...well, if you applied "SnR" over black, sure.
I decided to give it another try and applied it to my eyelid over a primer...it was either MAC's "Bare Canvas" paint or UD's Primer Potion, can't recall. Either way...it sucked. It was still very sheer and incredibly shiny. I tried it over MAC's "Carbon" e/s and it turned out a very dark, almost dull, purple. Not attractive at all. So then I tried to use it as a base for "Carbon" on my eyelid. Within MINUTES it was creasing like crazy. Oh, it was horrible. ;(

I saw a dark blue cream e/s pencil by WnW that I thought about buying, too...but screw that. It's probably the same as "Techno" in quality and opacity. -crap!

I feel like this was a BIG waste of my money and an utter disappointment in both color pay-off, opacity, and quality.
It certainly wasn't worth $3.99!

If you want a color like this: purple with a blue duo-chrome effect; go buy NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil -you WON'T be disappointed at all.

I may update later with a side-by-side comparison of the NYX "Purple" and this WnW "Techno" product as well as a swatch of it on my eyelid over a primer.

I'm only giving this one lippy because despite how sheer it is, it's still a pretty purple color and the product looks nice and is easy to use.

Would I buy this again? HELL NO!!

Updating with a swatch photo:

NYX "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil is on the left and the W'n'W "Techno" cream shadow pencil is on the right. No primer or base underneath, just clean, naked skin. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I generally use this as a lid color since it creases horribly but since I absolutely love the way it looks on, after I learned to work with it, I will continue repurchasing and loving this product.

I am not a fan on this product. The color looks great, but goes on very sheer. Even with a base it creases within an hour and seems to migrate all over my face if I leave it go. It's not the worst thing I have tried, but I am definitely not going to buy it again. The dark blue is pretty nice though. I guess for $1.99 I am not loosing much.

Top Rated Eye Shadow