wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Esters, BHT, Propylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

color payoff is not that great. as soon as i put it on my eyes, they burned. For that alone, i will be taking it back. I didnt leave it on long enough to see anything else except that it doesnt show up very well.

on 5/28/2012 10:22:00 PM

This is such a cheap product. It creases not long after application, even with a primer applied! How disappointing, as it's a very nice color. I was so excited when I bought it.
Once while applying it, the entire tip of exposed shadow just broke right off, so I had to sharpen it down to use it. I really wasn't even pressing very hard! It just has no staying power.
I'm shocked that Allure would give this product an award...
The only positive thing I can say about it is the wood that forms the pencil. It sharpens cleanly and doesn't splinter off. If only all eye pencils were made with that same wood quality, I'd be happier! I'm going to try applying it beneath a powder shadow to help set the color. I also have the blue color "Distress" and I'm sorry to say it suffers from the same problems as "Techno".

I liked these pencils, I'm surprised everyone seems to hate them. Mine glide really well on my skin when used over a lip primer or eyeshadow base. I use this one to build color with purple or smokey looks. It is a little sheer, but it's so cheap I was expecting as much. I like them for the price and color selection.

on 8/18/2011 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Its a gorgeous duochrome purple-blue cream shadow stick. It blends so easily....too easily. It dissapears in a minute without a primer and 3 minutes with a primer. Dissapointment

on 8/18/2011 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on velvety soft, great color and smudges right off if you blink slightly. Terrible staying power, just none. It's worse than butter for staying where you put. Love the color, but this is a waste of time product.

Cheap product with great value. I use this by drawing a thick line above my top lashes and then smudge it with my fingers. It is quite creamy and looks great on brown eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was pleasantly surprised by this product... especially coming from a brand that I generally think of as makeup for 12 year old's playing dress up (no offense!). It stayed on GREAT! I use a primer on my eyes before putting it on, and then dust some sheer eye shadow over it. I've never had a problem with creasing or wearing out, but then again I only use it on my lid or as liner. I'm gonna go get some more colors now that I know it works so well

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Honestly this product is not half bad when used as a liner. I used this purple one as a liner and lasted me through soccer practice, I know! i really like it as a pop of color to go to school with.

on 12/2/2009 2:19:00 AM

Such a gorgeous duoflash blue-purple color for brown eyes. Yes, it has poor lasting power and creases--but I don't care. I use it as a thick liner over UDPP, which helps a bit. I like the pencil form, makes it easy to apply, layer, and reapply, which you will have to do a lot of, unfortunately!

on 9/11/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this cream e/s pencil two days ago from a Rite Aid for $3.99, despite how small it is and the name brand, I liked the color and hoped it would be worth the ridiculous price.
-I was sorely disappointed. In the pencil it looks 'very' similar to NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s Pencil, but a little more blue-ish.
I swatched it on my hand to find it to be 'very' sheer and it clumped up in odd places on my skin...just little clumps here and there of product. So, definitely not what I would consider a smooth application. It was still a really pretty blue/purple duo-chrome, but I wasn't sure it was worth it.
-Someone else mentioned that this reminds them of MAC's "Stars'n'Rockets" e/s...well, if you applied "SnR" over black, sure.
I decided to give it another try and applied it to my eyelid over a primer...it was either MAC's "Bare Canvas" paint or UD's Primer Potion, can't recall. Either way...it sucked. It was still very sheer and incredibly shiny. I tried it over MAC's "Carbon" e/s and it turned out a very dark, almost dull, purple. Not attractive at all. So then I tried to use it as a base for "Carbon" on my eyelid. Within MINUTES it was creasing like crazy. Oh, it was horrible. ;(

I saw a dark blue cream e/s pencil by WnW that I thought about buying, too...but screw that. It's probably the same as "Techno" in quality and opacity. -crap!

I feel like this was a BIG waste of my money and an utter disappointment in both color pay-off, opacity, and quality.
It certainly wasn't worth $3.99!

If you want a color like this: purple with a blue duo-chrome effect; go buy NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil -you WON'T be disappointed at all.

I may update later with a side-by-side comparison of the NYX "Purple" and this WnW "Techno" product as well as a swatch of it on my eyelid over a primer.

I'm only giving this one lippy because despite how sheer it is, it's still a pretty purple color and the product looks nice and is easy to use.

Would I buy this again? HELL NO!!

Updating with a swatch photo:

NYX "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil is on the left and the W'n'W "Techno" cream shadow pencil is on the right. No primer or base underneath, just clean, naked skin. continued >>