wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Esters, BHT, Propylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

color payoff is not that great. as soon as i put it on my eyes, they burned. For that alone, i will be taking it back. I didnt leave it on long enough to see anything else except that it doesnt show up very well.

on 4/12/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I bought this because I loved the color but was quickly disappointed when it creased only a few minutes after I applied it. Save your money and don't buy this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 3 of these Idol Eyes pencils as a gift for my sister because all the NYX JEPs I wanted to get here were sold out. Unlike the JEPs, these are absolute TRASH. These are my first ever 1 star ratings, and I have never been this disappointed in a product. I got them for 40% off so $1.19 each but I still went back to return these, which I rarely do, just because they were THAT bad.

I swatched these on my hand and they left a huge greasy mess. The product itself never set meaning that it always stayed creamy. This color not as pigmented as the blue shade, but that doesn't even matter because it just smeared horribly anyways. These are a huge fail by WnW and stay FAR FAR FAARRR away from these!!!

on 8/18/2011 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on velvety soft, great color and smudges right off if you blink slightly. Terrible staying power, just none. It's worse than butter for staying where you put. Love the color, but this is a waste of time product.

on 5/26/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Absolutely the worst eyeliner I've ever bought! It gets all over the place, smudges, doesn't stay with primer (Two-Faced, UDPP, Loreac) creases, never again!!!!

on 7/10/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I picked up both "Techno" and the black creme colored pencil in "Graphite" hoping that they would become good cheap bases for my eye shadows. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much.

Damn I hate being right.

For starters, these suckers are hard to apply. And they don't go on very smoothly, either. I had to drag these pencils across my lids like a cat being hauled into a bath tub, clinging desperately onto the carpet for salvation.

Yes. They were that bad.

But ohhh, boy. It gets better. Trust me.

The tip of the iceburg was when the color came right off, like two or three minutes after applying. It didn't stay on very long. At all.

Even with my liquid foundation and face powder combo (Tammy Fay Baker, anyone?), not to mention my powdered eye shadows that I had plied on top, these creme pencils came right off in mere seconds. In this hideous phase of the color dispersing, I also noticed how creased and wrinkly my lids suddenly looked.

Needless to say, I threw them into the garbage can. Some Wet'n'Wild products never 'crease' to amaze me. Hahaha. Get it?

Yeah I hate me too.

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the first product I've brought from W n W. The color was so nice look very rich and creamy it was about 2$ I had to buy it. As soon as I put it on i noticed that i was gonna have to reapply it tons of times which was so. Threw it out.

on 3/12/2010 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I kid you not by the time I applied my mascara this creased. The color is beautiful but I am very irriated that I used a primer and it creases within minutes. I did not have time to re-do my eyes before work so I had to bring the pencil to work with me.....and reaplly every hour! Total trash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was SO excited when I found this creme eyeshadow pencil and I thought I was going to love it (I even bought 2!). BIG disappointment. I put it on in the car (my mom was driving) because I was running late with getting ready to go to my friends, and within the 5 minutes it took to get from the store to my house, I had to re-apply because almost ALL of the product had creased or disappeared. I tried using a base, and setting it with powder and NOTHING worked. This stuff is complete crap, which is a shame because they're gorgeous colors.

on 9/11/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this cream e/s pencil two days ago from a Rite Aid for $3.99, despite how small it is and the name brand, I liked the color and hoped it would be worth the ridiculous price.
-I was sorely disappointed. In the pencil it looks 'very' similar to NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s Pencil, but a little more blue-ish.
I swatched it on my hand to find it to be 'very' sheer and it clumped up in odd places on my skin...just little clumps here and there of product. So, definitely not what I would consider a smooth application. It was still a really pretty blue/purple duo-chrome, but I wasn't sure it was worth it.
-Someone else mentioned that this reminds them of MAC's "Stars'n'Rockets" e/s...well, if you applied "SnR" over black, sure.
I decided to give it another try and applied it to my eyelid over a primer...it was either MAC's "Bare Canvas" paint or UD's Primer Potion, can't recall. Either way...it sucked. It was still very sheer and incredibly shiny. I tried it over MAC's "Carbon" e/s and it turned out a very dark, almost dull, purple. Not attractive at all. So then I tried to use it as a base for "Carbon" on my eyelid. Within MINUTES it was creasing like crazy. Oh, it was horrible. ;(

I saw a dark blue cream e/s pencil by WnW that I thought about buying, too...but screw that. It's probably the same as "Techno" in quality and opacity. -crap!

I feel like this was a BIG waste of my money and an utter disappointment in both color pay-off, opacity, and quality.
It certainly wasn't worth $3.99!

If you want a color like this: purple with a blue duo-chrome effect; go buy NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil -you WON'T be disappointed at all.

I may update later with a side-by-side comparison of the NYX "Purple" and this WnW "Techno" product as well as a swatch of it on my eyelid over a primer.

I'm only giving this one lippy because despite how sheer it is, it's still a pretty purple color and the product looks nice and is easy to use.

Would I buy this again? HELL NO!!

Updating with a swatch photo:

NYX "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil is on the left and the W'n'W "Techno" cream shadow pencil is on the right. No primer or base underneath, just clean, naked skin. continued >>