wet n wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

WnW Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, C11 12 Isoparaffin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Isohexadecane, Jojoba Esters, BHT, Propylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850)

on 1/8/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Is it just me, or does WNW seem to be raising their prices? I paid $3.99 for this little chubby violet shadow pencil, and it's not worth it. The color looks cool and almost holographic through the cap, and it does have nice metallic sheen, but the formula is waxy and is lacking in pigment. It's not terrible but I can definitely live without it. There's also a dark blue version called "Distress." I think I'll exchange this one for it.

on 2/6/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a purple creme eyeshadow crayon that has kind of a duochrome effect - purple with flashes of blue. Looks great applied over UDPP and lasts all day. I blend it with the graphite colored Idol Eyes eyeshadow crayon to get a very easy, multidimensional smoky eye. I paid $1.99 for this and liked it so much I went back for all the other colors! I wouldn't recommend trying to use them on the waterline, though. The formula is too creamy for it to last.

bought this at walmart for $1.99 and am diggin the color. sorta duochrome and flashy. very much what im diggin at the moment. the pencil is kinda short, but for $1.99 well worth it, very creamy for a pencil in general, glides on smooth. check 'em out ladies.

I love this pencil. I use it as a base under the WnW purple trio and it gives a little more depth to my eyes. I wore this look on Friday night out and got so many compliments. I love the color but its definitely not as pigmented as others but what can you expect for 1.99. I think its a great deal and I will repurchase this when I run out.

I am not a fan on this product. The color looks great, but goes on very sheer. Even with a base it creases within an hour and seems to migrate all over my face if I leave it go. It's not the worst thing I have tried, but I am definitely not going to buy it again. The dark blue is pretty nice though. I guess for $1.99 I am not loosing much.

on 6/8/2009 12:55:00 AM

The color reminds me of MAC Stars 'n Rockets eyeshadow in cream form. While it looks purple in the pencil, it applies more like a purple-tone fuchsia with a blue duo-chrome.

Pros:
- Glides on easily without tugging
- Very unique color, provides a glossy look to the eye
- Can work as an eyeshadow base
- Cheap, only $1.99

Cons:
- Sheer
- Greasy uneven color
- Poor lasting power especially for those with oily lids, will crease EVEN used as a base because the product itself is just greasy
- Feels a bit heavy on

I don't hate these but I think they could have been better. I have to admit Wet n Wild put out some really unique shades for these pencils however the quality isn't anything to run home about. It's a workable product if you're looking for such especially since they're cheap but there's definitely products similar for about the same price tag in the market. Also while it is decent as an eyeshadow base, because the color applies so sheerly it won't make your shadow pop as much as it could if this pencil was more opaque.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I generally use this as a lid color since it creases horribly but since I absolutely love the way it looks on, after I learned to work with it, I will continue repurchasing and loving this product.

on 9/11/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this cream e/s pencil two days ago from a Rite Aid for $3.99, despite how small it is and the name brand, I liked the color and hoped it would be worth the ridiculous price.
-I was sorely disappointed. In the pencil it looks 'very' similar to NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s Pencil, but a little more blue-ish.
I swatched it on my hand to find it to be 'very' sheer and it clumped up in odd places on my skin...just little clumps here and there of product. So, definitely not what I would consider a smooth application. It was still a really pretty blue/purple duo-chrome, but I wasn't sure it was worth it.
-Someone else mentioned that this reminds them of MAC's "Stars'n'Rockets" e/s...well, if you applied "SnR" over black, sure.
I decided to give it another try and applied it to my eyelid over a primer...it was either MAC's "Bare Canvas" paint or UD's Primer Potion, can't recall. Either way...it sucked. It was still very sheer and incredibly shiny. I tried it over MAC's "Carbon" e/s and it turned out a very dark, almost dull, purple. Not attractive at all. So then I tried to use it as a base for "Carbon" on my eyelid. Within MINUTES it was creasing like crazy. Oh, it was horrible. ;(

I saw a dark blue cream e/s pencil by WnW that I thought about buying, too...but screw that. It's probably the same as "Techno" in quality and opacity. -crap!

I feel like this was a BIG waste of my money and an utter disappointment in both color pay-off, opacity, and quality.
It certainly wasn't worth $3.99!

If you want a color like this: purple with a blue duo-chrome effect; go buy NYX's "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil -you WON'T be disappointed at all.

I may update later with a side-by-side comparison of the NYX "Purple" and this WnW "Techno" product as well as a swatch of it on my eyelid over a primer.

I'm only giving this one lippy because despite how sheer it is, it's still a pretty purple color and the product looks nice and is easy to use.

Would I buy this again? HELL NO!!

Updating with a swatch photo:

NYX "Purple" Jumbo e/s pencil is on the left and the W'n'W "Techno" cream shadow pencil is on the right. No primer or base underneath, just clean, naked skin. continued >>

on 10/16/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty, shiny purple color. I find that I have to go over my lid several times with the pencil for the color to fully show up. Since I have to press down hard for it to work, I find the sensation of the pencil pushing against my eye pretty annoying. It also has a tendency to leave strange crease lines after it's been on for awhile. But, considering the really cheap price, it isn't all that bad.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this at Rite Aid for $1.99 and am really digging the color. It's very creamy for a thick pencil but glides on super smoothly. I bought 3, in fact, (Techno, Electro, Distress). If there are any other shades out there, then I'm going back for them because, although these are really eye shadows, I use them as eyeliners and absolutely LOVE them!