Lancome Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Lancome Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

3.9

ACTIVE: Octinoxate 7.5% INACTIVE: Calcium Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sulfate, Isocetyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Alumina, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol Acetate, Caprylol Glycol. May contain: Mica, Beta-Carotene, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Now this is a scary bronzer! I have shade 3, perle d'or, but I am a deeper olive skintone (NC45). I got this as a gift and while it is a very luxurious product, I just find it scary to use. It's very shimmery and quite orange. I think in summer I may get away with it, especially on my shoulders or something, but I am just afraid it would stain my clothes. Long story short, I have never used it...

Packaging wise, it's very, very big and therefore not something I would bring on holiday out of fear of breaking it.

on 1/5/2014 2:40:00 PM

I'm very picky with bronzers and dont like things with a lot of shimmer. It leaves my skin looking dull. I've used different brushes and nothing. I just have nothing good to say about it. Maybe the ones that have a little more shimmer from them are better...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin colour is tan so I don't really need bronzer. However, I've got two of these in Bronze Solaire as GWP so I sometimes use it as a blush. Gives a very natural look on my skin. These two are going to last me a long time so I don't need to repurchase.

on 9/24/2011 10:18:00 PM

This is my all time favourite bronzer! The compact that is seen in the picture has been discontinued. The new packaging is square and beautiful. It has a large mirror and a magnetic snap.
My favourite color is "01". This color is the perfect bronze. It isn't too dark and doesn't look orange. It gives you a radiant glow and blends effortlessly.

It is great for all skin types, even oily because it is oil and fragrance free!

Best bronzer ever!

on 9/6/2011 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was going to buy the Nars Laguna bronzer but you can't buy it in stores where I live and have to order it from Sephora. I wasn't fussy to order a bronzer that I've never seen in person. I tried this one at the Lancome counter in The Bay and really liked it. I have it in 01 Lumiere and it gives my skin a nice glow without looking I orange. It's not too shimmery either. It's pretty pricey so I'll only buy it again if it lasts me a long time. Or I might get the Nars Laguna, but I think it has more shimmer. This is overall a very nice bronzer.

Although I didn't experience any breakouts with this bronzer, I wasn't thrilled with the orange hue. I find it wearable in small amounts but it's a real chore to remove if you've accidentally applied too much. I usually love Lancome, but I find this product is just an expensive way to look tangerine, so I wouldn't repurchase or recommend.

on 6/14/2011 2:21:00 AM

I have this in Natural Matte Star Bronzer in 02 Sunkiss. This is a buildable colour that does not make you look orange.

on 11/11/2010 7:51:00 PM

It's a nice natural bronzer, would recommend.

on 10/3/2010 12:18:00 PM

I am not a bronzer user in general. I am pale and freckly and always thought they made me look 'orangey' so when the Lancome SA suggested that I use it to add depth to my lancome foundation I asked her to apply and show me how it is used. It really works for me. I put a brushful on each day over my usual foundation and it really goes the trick. I feel it adds the colour that I can't get with foundation. It is difficult to explain but it makes a difference.

on 4/22/2010 5:31:00 PM

I don't wear a whole lot of makeup, but I'm a serious bronzer junkie! I have very light skin and even after trying tons of different bronzers, I continue to reach for this. This one give me the most 'natural' effect. I hate looking orange or 'dirty' from a bronzer, and this one has never disappointed me. However, I do think the packaging is cheap. The mirror fell out nearly a week after I bought it! Still love the product though and will continue to repurchase.