Lancôme Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancôme Star Bronzer Bronzing Powder

3.7

ACTIVE: Octinoxate 7.5% INACTIVE: Calcium Carbonate, Silica, Calcium Sulfate, Isocetyl Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Alumina, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol Acetate, Caprylol Glycol. May contain: Mica, Beta-Carotene, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 7/14/2013 7:17:00 PM

A big Lancome fan, I hoped to find the perfect bronzer in the Lancome product line. I'm fair-skinned. Finding that perfect bronzer was a project. I was sadly disappointed in this one. Much darker than I expected. It streaked terribly. Tossed it in the no-use drawer.

on 1/13/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i don't usually use bronzer as blush but i use this one for blush on. i have NC40/NC42 skin...and this product gives me a really good glow and my face looks fresh. it doesn't look "too much" (you know what i mean). when i use it as blush on, it really suits my tan skin and it doesn't give me a "punching" look. it looks a bit orange/gold/brown with shimmer. just put a bit and you can see the results. oh and i love the fact it has spf. although only spf 10.and i love the package as well, it looks classic and elegant. the only issue i have with this product is the price. it is 37euro here. i would like to buy it again when i am rich and have a lot of money. but for now on, i will just pick something cheaper but has same results (i'll go for NARS orgasm or outlaw)

on 8/19/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ew! My skin already has some color in it and I usually use a Chanel bronzer in the medium color (terre epice) so I got this Lancome product at the airport duty free and thought i'd give it a go. What a mistake! It wouldn't blend and the colour was a horrible shade of orange! i looked like an oompa loompa and it took a lot of scrubbing to get the colour off! I would definitely not buy again.

on 4/15/2009 6:59:00 AM

I'm not usually a fan of either bronzing powders or Lancome, however my mum received this as a gift and passed it on to me, and I'm very impressed! It makes my skin look glowy, healthy and golden, and isn't too powdery. I usually shy away from powder products in general as I find they clog my pores, but so far, my skin seems to like this. I'm loving this at the moment, as we head into the summer... it's perfect at with tinted moisturiser and a coloured lip balm, very low maintenance. I apply it with my Smashbox brush on temples, cheekbones, nose, forehead and chin. I only have the small sample product and its very difficult to open, but I can live with that. Think I will purchase the full size in due course.

on 6/21/2008 10:51:00 AM

I bought this Star Bronzer a few summers ago and still use it regularly during summer and spring. I must say that I'm very pleased with the result. It's a very natural bronzer and it has SPF8 which is a plus!
It has some shimmer in it but it's very finely milled which makes the end result look very natural. You get that sun-kissed flawless skin. I'm hate tanning so I'm very happy there's excellent bronzer powders like this one on the market for us pale ladies who prefer to "fake it" and not tan our way to sun-kissed skin.

The one and only downside with this product is the price which is rather expensive. However, considering I've used it for years I'd definitely repurchase when that day comes. I love the packaging and I like the fact that there's a mirror in the lid of the compact. Makes it great to carry in the purse for touch-ups during the day, if necessary.

I apply this bronzer where the sun naturally hits. On the forehead, nose, cheek bones and a bit on the chin. I use the Smashbox number 19 brush to apply it with.

For reference: I have pale, fair skin. I use the shade 01 Dor. I'm in Europe so the names can be different. Lancme has an annoying tendency to name their products differently on different continents.

continued >>

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Ahh I hate this bronzer. It's the color of a pumpkin and is with too much shimmer. I look like an Ooompa Loompa. And it broke as well, I can no longer close it properly. Since I splurged a good deal of money on it, I feel as though I'll have to give it to a friend, maybe it'll work for someone else better than me. I'd only wear this if I had nothing else to wear.

on 7/17/2005 6:42:00 PM

I SORT of like it but not really. It's too orange and shimmery. Not very appealing in natural light. Don't spend 35 dollars on this.

on 12/22/2004 10:00:00 AM

I wasnt too sure of this product at first, (the orange colour and gold glitter put me off...wonder why haha) but after using my Tout Beau, JP Gaultier bronzer, (I have a very fair skin tone so dont need too much) I dusted this lightly over my face, and was suprised by the glo it seemed to give, it was not to shiny or dark. will deff be purchasing this again in the near future.

on 11/26/2004 10:49:00 AM

I was horrified by the sheer size when a girlfriend whipped this out of her m/u bag along with the matching brush. I was skeptical since I seem to be too pale for many bronzers (MAC, Laguna). This one, though, was lovely. Even the weirdly shaped brush did well!
Reviewers seem to have moms wiping this off. I'm honestly not sure what my mom would think. And I have no idea what this would do when layered with fdnt & translucent powder you don't need. I do know that on just concealer and Studio Fix this was lovely. I'm not the biggest fan of Lancome, and I probably never would never have bought this, but now I think I might give Lancome a shot. continued >>

I think this is a great bronzer best that I have found. I do work at a Lancome counter and I do know every time I do someones make up I add a little of this bronzer and 95% of the time the customer buys it! I would never recommend putting it all over the face just on the forehead, cheeks, and nose. It gives a beautiful healthy glow.