Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

on 10/6/2016 10:39:00 PM

Smells really good. Really liked he color and undertone of bronzer. Had to stop using it as it was causing cystic acne on areas of application. Switched to NYX and acne never returned. I'd pass.

on 7/27/2016 11:19:00 AM

I didn't like the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but Chocolate Soleil is saving my ass this summer. I'm Mediterranean with olive skin and tan easily, no matter how hard I try not to. Of course, my precious facial skin is way more protected than my body, and this bronzer is the perfect shade, opacity, texture, and level of shimmer (i.e. it is totally MATTE) to disguise the shade discrepancy between my face and body.

I apply to most of my face with a big fluffy brush to diffuse the pigment. It honestly looks pretty natural, doesn't turn orange or oxidize, blends nicely, lasts the whole day and as a bonus, can mattify whatever nonsense I have on underneath. This hasn't broken me out at all. The packaging and scent are to die for, though sometimes the fragrance catches me off guard lol. It costs $30 which is pricey but not insane, and you do get a lot of product.

I do normally prefer a tiny bit of shimmer in bronzers to add a sunny glow, but that would be overkill with the way I'm using Choc Soleil. I can always add dimension with blush and highlighter over it (and I do). This is a good, workhorse product without a lot of 'wow' factor (for me at least, I totally bought it begrudgingly haha) that I get a ton of use from. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. I have tan skin and I find this bronzer is great for warming up the skin. For my skin color range I don't recommend it if you are looking to contour your face with it because it is not dark enough. I use it to give my skin a more bronze appearance which is what it is made more. It is on the pricier side however it has taken me forever to use it all up. It's what I consider an investment.

Love this bronzer! Very easy to blend and smells amazing!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new Holy Grail for a Matte powder contour. Holy Moly that's all I can say. I use the Dark Chocolate bronzer and it smells delicious but it is the best I have used to date. I'm all about bargaining and I have to say E.L.F has a matte bronzer that could potentially be a dupe but the powder on the Too Faced Dark Chocolate bronzer is so much more finely milled and glides on so nicely given that perfect chiseled Adele contour. I use the Younique Beachfront bronzer on top if I want a shimmer but I'm in love with this bronzer. I have already ordered one for my daughter and will definitely purchase again. Way to go Too Faced. The original Chocolate Solei wasn't quite dark enough for my tan Hispanic skin tones even though I fall on the lighter side it just wasn't deep enough. Problem solved with Dark Chocolate. Definitely worth the price.

on 12/21/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this in the sample size from Sephora as a 100 point perk. I was looking for something to replace my beloved Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Powder in Tawny which is my ideal contouring/bronzing powder for my olive/yellow under-toned light skin. This comes close. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The scent is exactly like the hot chocolate packets with marshmallows! Delicious. I'll probably buy full size if I can't find a better dupe for my CG Minerals in Tawny.

on 1/18/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I had a sample size & not gonna lie, it's the delicious chocolate smell that sold me. I bought the bigger size & couldn't be happier with the product it's self. The color itself is beautiful matte brown. It works so well to contour with & last all day for me! It's super buildable too! so it can be used for day or just a little more can be used for night, & with plenty of different skin tones. The smell lasts for a long time too, I love when my boyfriend kisses my cheek bc he can smell it & loves it. Would totally buy Again

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing matte bronzer! Still a tad bit warm for my skin tone, but that's something I can work with. Gives subtle color and blends like a dream. Plus, the smell is just amazing--yum!

on 11/17/2014 11:51:00 AM

Absolutely love this bronzer! It works amazing as a contour or to give a subtle glow and it's great for my skin complexion..I'm quite pale during the winter months with olive-yellow undertones and I think this bronzer compliments it perfectly. Its also very build-able which is great for darker skin tones as well .. Anyway, definitely recommend and I think it's well worth the price!!

p.s smells amazing!!! it's a bit distracting when you are applying because you just want to eat it all up!

on 11/14/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this. I have used Nars Laguna bronzer for years on my NC20 skin (olive medium with yellow undertones) this is darker than Nars Laguna and at first I was a little nervous but it blends out nicely. I will definitely be adding this to my bronzer rotation. Soft, pigmented formula and it smells amazing!!

Popular Bronzers