Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to sephora and buy it after swatch the both really it worth every penny I bought the golden packaging be aware the colour will apper after the third application which give u good control. Great product overall. I highly recommend

on 6/12/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I totally get the hype for this product despite the early issues of trying to make it work for me. Nice for a sun-kissed hue in the sense of a traditional all-over bronzer, but don't feel it looks totally convincing on my NC25 skin as a darker contour shade. I can probably get away with it in sunlight but artificial lights make it look kind of dirty instead of natural shadow. Bummer because I love it. (The lighter milk chocolate version works well for the mid countour shades for my specific skintone though, so yay!).

I still use this daily to colour correct a beautiful Burberry foundation that's a tad too light, or occasionally when I'm going for the old sun-kissed sheer colour placement of dusting over cheeks, nose and forehead, but I favour a bit of glow in those type of bronzers instead of all matte. Still this performs well and is pretty versatile.

Great for an eyeshadow crease contour and to blend in natural looks - especially if you go on to do nose and temple contouring, strobing or bronzing. Really subtle trick but big difference it makes to tie everything in.

Smells utterly divine! Blends well and has great staying power too, holding up about 8 hours in humidity. Packaging is sturdy and easy. Highly recommended for fair-med skinned people who are looking for a matte bronzer, or chocoholics who need a whiff! Have hit pan after using for over a year, so preparing to repurchase.

on 4/8/2016 6:00:00 PM

This bronzer is a recent addition to my make-up routine and I love it. It originally came about when I wanted to try the whole "contouring" thing but already had a shimmer highlighter, matte white eyeshadow (which I use as highlighter), and pink leopard bronzing blush which I use everyday. So virtually no need for the cocoa contour palette when it came out.

I started using this in "chocolate sole: medium/deep" to contour and it is the perfect color to subtly sculpt my fair/light complexion. It's awesome. This is a new part of my daily routine.

on 1/12/2016 3:21:00 AM

Pros:
1. Wonderful matte bronzer
2. Boosts the mood with its chocolatey scent
3. Comes with a full sized mirror
4. Cute golden packaging. It's sturdy too!
5. Great bronzer shade for a NC 35.

Cons:
1. Quite expensive

Overall: If you're a sucker for bronzer, this is totally worth the splurge!

on 12/30/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh yes, this is my HG bronzer now.

I've tried quite a few bronzers by this point, and pretty much always ran into one of two problems: it was either too orange, or too dark on my fair skin. Or both.

I'd had my eye on this bronzer for some time, and finally my husband bought it for me as a gift.

I got the Milk Chocolate shade, and it is perfect. It is a very, very light brown with no orange in it, and the powder is sheer enough that I can build it up, should I decide to. It smells like chocolate, too, but unforunately, I'm one of those crazies who hates chocolate so that is not a plus for me. Still, it's the best damn bronzer I've ever used and I am never going back. Pale girls, give this stuff a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in medium to dark, even though my skintone is light. It is well pigmented and lasts all day, and smells, and tastes, like chocolate. It is, by far, the best bronzer I have ever used. I use it to contour, to create depth (foundation makes my face a bit flat) and to create warmth. What I particularly love about this product is that it doesn't make you look too muddy if you apply it carefully, and the color is wonderful as it is completely matte and not orange at all, so looks natural if you're going to use as contour. Will buy again.

on 10/10/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm usually a fan of very slightly shimmery bronzers but I actually really liked this one. I have the medium/deep shade (I'm NC20 but I thought it looked okay after swatching it on my hand) and it's a bit of a cooler shade. That said, I'm not sure how "deep" this actually is. It looks fine on me (although I would prefer that it were slightly warmer), but I can't imagine it would do a whole lot for someone with a deeper skintone.

It's pretty pigmented (although light to be "medium/deep" like I said) so I've started using a skunk brush to apply it instead of the angled blush brush (that I was using with my Lorac bronzer.) I know part of the appeal of this product is that it "smells like chocolate" -- personally, I find that it smells more like play-doh, although it's not necessarily detectable while you're wearing it.

Popular Bronzers