Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is my all time favorite bronzer! i have oily nc 25 skin and acne marks. this is my favorite bronzer because it's really the only one that doesn't make my redness peek through. it is the perfect shade to bronze and even contour! the packaging is also super pretty and it smells sooo yummy!

on 10/6/2016 10:39:00 PM

Smells really good. Really liked he color and undertone of bronzer. Had to stop using it as it was causing cystic acne on areas of application. Switched to NYX and acne never returned. I'd pass.

on 6/19/2016 10:21:00 AM

I have mine in the shade "deep/tan matte" which is
The darkest i guess.
This is an okay bronzer, not my fav, it goes pretty red/orange on my skin, definitely not for contouring!
The smell is okay im not sniffing it all the time because its really nothing special.
I like the packaging though.
I find that sometimes it fades on my forhead like in 3 hours and i rarley touch my face.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down best bronzer I've used. It's PERFECT for tan asian skin. If you're an asian, and you're tanned, get this and never use another bronzer ever again. It also smells like chocolate, which makes this not just the best looking bronzer but the best smelling bronzer I've used. This is actually a big plus point for me, because I love the Too Faced Chocolated Bar eyeshadow palette, and when this and the bronzer are used at the same time on my face, BAM the most subtle and yet wonderful perfume, all over your face. I've gotten compliments on how I smell, and it's because of these chocolate scented products.

Beyond the smell, though, this bronzer is silky smooth, it applies almost like a cream to powder, which is wonderful because I get the staying power of a cream with the natural look of a powder. It applies without patchiness, and I feel it's best applied with a patting motion using a smaller contour brush before being blended out with a bigger cheek brush. I'm not sure why it applies so well this way, but it may be due to the slight cream to powder texture.

The colour is to die for. Not too orange, nor too warm brown, not too cool to look like dirt, just the perfect neutral bronzer shade that makes your carved out cheekbones look like you were blessed with them naturally. The price is higher up there, but it is so worth it.

Packaging is cute and princess-y, it'll fit well with the too faced heart blushes in your collection, although it looks slightly cheap to me with the obvious plastic gimmicky princess look BUT if packaging is the only downside of this product, just goes to show how great the actual product is. And if you like the princessy look? This is perfect for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG bronzer--it translates to a natural tan, it doesn't look orange at all, and it smells really delicious. I like Guerlain bronzers too but this one is imo better. The formula also lasts a super-long (I feel Rimmel's bronzer goes bad for example).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hated this. This is mainly for extremely fair skin tones in my opinion

on 12/27/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in the smaller travel size version called Tan without the twinkle for around $15. You only have to use a tiny bit to get great results, I made the mistake of having too much on my brush and it came out super orange-y looking. But if you use a light hand and blend it, it usually comes out beautiful! It stays on for awhile also!
I'm on the paler side so I was afraid it would be too dark on me but I think it's a great color.

on 12/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

I'm in NC30 and currently using the shade in Med/deep.
It blends well. Have been reaching out more for this than Benefit hoola.
Plus it stays all day~

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After I tried this yummy-smelling and smooth bronzer, I thought to myself, "DANG, this is how contouring should look!". Most other bronzers have a shimmer to them which isn't recommended for contouring, but this product was perfect for creating cheekbone shadows because it was matte and a few tones darker than my natural skin colour (which is a light-medium color with warm yellow undertones).

I have medium/tan skin tone NW35/40 MAC, TAN HONEY in Tarte 12hr Amazonian Clay full coverage Foundation. I was excited to purchase this bronzer (in deep) based on great reviews on MakeupAlley, went to Sephora, swatched it, and to my disappointment it looked too ashy, barely any color picked up on my fingers. I had seen a video of a girl well of darker complexion than I am stating she loved it because it gave her a natural shadow when she applied it to her cheeks, so I decided it would be best to try it on directly on the hollows of my cheeks and I was pleasantly surprised! the color is a true brown, no red or orange undertones, matte, not shimmer at all, a natural brown shadow is exactly how I would describe it & and it definitely showed. Furthermore, a little went a looong way, I can see why some people might say it looked muddy, or dirty & its definitely possible if you apply too much, i dabb once quickly with my brush and build up from there because before you know it, you have a natural beautiful tan building up. Nothing like i have tried before. I didn't hescitate to purchase and have been using it on a daily basis since. You can do a strong contour or go very light as an everyday use & have a gorgeous natural tan effect to your skin. The smell is very subtle and it goes away almost immediately once applied & the price.. $30 but I'm sure it will take a long time to go through the entire compact being that it is very pigmented. and it lasts ALL day. Take your favorite brush and test it at Sephora for yourself, you'll be happy you did.