Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

on 10/12/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of my favorite bronzers, a little harsh at first but once blended out, looks very nice. I have an olive skin tone, but it appears warm and really warms my face up (duh). Much easier to use than creme contours/bronzers--highly recommend.

on 10/3/2018 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I just love this. It applies smoothly, the color is perfect, it smells AMAZING, and it lasts all day. Nothing more to say.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a big fan of bronzers. They generally don't look very natural on me whether I use them for contouring (my round face could do with some but it always looks peculiar) or to add a bit of colour to my pale face in summer. But I had a points perk little compact of this and decided to give it a try and, to my surprise, I really like it. It works well to darken my throat a bit so it matches my face (matching my face to my neck would have me looking like a sheet of printer paper!). And if I use a large, fluffy powder brush to dust this all over my face, it does give nice, natural colour to my skin and makes me look healthy rather than orange or artificial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size of this bronzer and that is high praise coming from someone like me, who generally avoids them.

on 6/27/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not repurchase

this smells good and works well. i would say this is more on the cool toned side of bronzers, and i personally like warmer toned bronzers, so i dont know that i would repurchase this. this is a good bronzer tho and the packaging is so cute, i would recommend to someone who likes a cooler toned bronzer. for reference im nc20 at mac, and this shade was a good match :)

on 12/10/2017 8:25:00 AM

I really wanted a change in bronzer as I've been using Hoola since 2003! I am so glad I bought this, it's brilliant, very natural looking and has a wonderful smell. I actually prefer this to Hoola as it goes on nicely and blends out well, I found that Hoola could get a bit muddy if you weren't careful. The shade is brilliant on my NC20 - 25 skin. I find the price a bit high for what it is but I can see it lasting a while as it's quite a big pan and I'm not heavy handed with it. I also notice that it's not too dusty so I don't waste product when I dip my brush in.

I don't understand how people like this product. Yeah, it smells like chocolate. But smell is not what you base how great a product is on. This product applies extremely patchy, no matter what foundation, primer, or brush I use. And it doesn't blend out well. Maybe TF reformulated this product in the past year and the quality isn't as good, or maybe it's just always been terrible, but either way, I do not recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this! I am Italian with a yellow undertone to my skin and this bronzer is the perfect color for me. It just melts into my skin and has a smooth, buttery texture. I can skip blush when I wear this. The fragrance is yummy...a cocoa butter smell but not overpowering. You can't smell it once it's on. I also use it as a neutral eye shadow because it goes on smooth.

I used to be a big fan of this bronzer during my contouring phase. Now that I look at it, it was a bit too dark and warm for that purpose on me, a light olive (C2). However, i love using this bronzer now sort of as a blush base/topper. I use it lightly on the tops of my cheekbones to give a sun-kissed look, and it looks very natural and pretty when blended out with a light peachy color. I personally love the chocolate scent, and the packaging includes a nice big mirror which is always appreciated!

on 7/8/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love the scent and the packaging of this product. I feel so good and happy when using this. The product itself is great also. I use the Dark Chocolate shade which is a nice fit for my tanned Asian skin tone (I am a Warm Beige in the Born This Way foundation). It lasts all day and it doesn't look orangey or muddy on me. I love this and will definitely repurchase but a little goes a long way with this so this will definitely last me a long time! Worth the money!

Only downside is that it isn't the best colour for contouring. As a bronzer, it gives you the perfect sun-kissed look, but for contouring it's not neutral enough and is slightly orange. I have tried to contour with this and it just doesn't fit. But that's alright because it's not meant to be a contour product anyway.