Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 1/29/2017 3:20:00 PM

I like the smell, I like the color and the packaging. you must try it if you have medium skin

on 11/13/2016 4:13:00 PM

I'be been looking for the perfect bronzer for a LONG time. My criteria were:

-Dark enough for my medium/neutral skin tone
-Fully matte
-Not at all orange
-Blendable

This does all of that plus has super cute packaging and smells like chocolate. I use this with my IT Cosmetics Airbrush Essential Bronzer Brush #114 and it's heavenly. HG status.

on 11/9/2016 9:31:00 PM

Love love love, I apply with a foundation brush and use it as more of a contour, it's great

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Milk Chocolate soleil, it gives such a nice warmth to my skin (I am an NC25), but this one {Chocolate}, i really am not a fan of, i feel like it's too dark for an all over warmth/bronzing, it doesn't blend well and its super blotchy. I am surprised because literally everyone raves about it here and on youtube, so i don't know why it didn't work for me. But i do LOVE the Milk Chocolate one.

on 8/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite bronzer! The smell is so amazing. I bought a travel size and I'm definitely going to purchase the bigger size when I run out. It blends and lasts. Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

on 7/27/2016 11:19:00 AM

I didn't like the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but Chocolate Soleil is saving my ass this summer. I'm Mediterranean with olive skin and tan easily, no matter how hard I try not to. Of course, my precious facial skin is way more protected than my body, and this bronzer is the perfect shade, opacity, texture, and level of shimmer (i.e. it is totally MATTE) to disguise the shade discrepancy between my face and body.

I apply to most of my face with a big fluffy brush to diffuse the pigment. It honestly looks pretty natural, doesn't turn orange or oxidize, blends nicely, lasts the whole day and as a bonus, can mattify whatever nonsense I have on underneath. This hasn't broken me out at all. The packaging and scent are to die for, though sometimes the fragrance catches me off guard lol. It costs $30 which is pricey but not insane, and you do get a lot of product.

I do normally prefer a tiny bit of shimmer in bronzers to add a sunny glow, but that would be overkill with the way I'm using Choc Soleil. I can always add dimension with blush and highlighter over it (and I do). This is a good, workhorse product without a lot of 'wow' factor (for me at least, I totally bought it begrudgingly haha) that I get a ton of use from. Definitely recommend.

on 7/23/2016 1:21:00 PM

This bronzer gives my face life! It adds the perfect amount of color without looking muddy on my skin. I use this everyday and it has replaced all other bronzers I was previously using. A plus is that every time you put it on you get a nice whiff of yummy chocolate!

on 7/16/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say, the packaging is adorable, and the smell is just...! Even my mother who side eyes my makeup addiction can't help but fall in love with it. The packaging is not only pretty but also really sturdy and I really like that it has a mirror.

I'm NC25, oily on my T-zone, and I have the medium/deep Chocolate Soleil, which if I don't pay attention, can get too dark on me. I should probably buy the Milk one but meh. I don't really mind that it's a bit dark for me because I actually have the choice to easily lightly apply some on or build it up when I want. And this just makes it so easy. It is a finely milled product so it is very blendable and the finish on the skin, even if I build it up, is just very natural and skin-like. Love! I'm sensitive and acne-prone but this does not break me out or whatever. I also love that it stays on for quite a long time.

I use this to warm my face up and lightly contour the hollows of my cheeks, temples, and my jawbone. It gives me that lightly tanned look and helps give my face dimension. On my warm skin tone, the Chocolate Soleil is warm but not orange-ish, which is perfect as a bronzer.

I have even used this on my NC30-35 friend and it looked super great on her as well. Just melted right into skin-like finish leaving no trace of powder whatsoever.

This is quite pricey but I think it's worth it if you want to just level up from drugstore products. I shall repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was kind of torn between trying this product out and hoola from benefit but i actually ended up getting my hands on a hoola sample and ended up not being a fan of it so i decided to buy the too faced chocolate soleil full sized product and im glad i did! i initially used it to contour which worked perfectly for my complexion but the more i got into contouring i ended up switching up my routine BUT i found this to be perfect for transitioning/blending out my contour. I use this on my forehead , jaw, bone , and hollows of my cheek over my contour. I love applying it with a dual fiber stippling brush because it gives me the softest most beautiful sun kissed look. if im doing a natural look ill apply this as my contour with the same stippling brush instead of my go to Nars ITA brush. I found hoola to be too muddy and hard to blend which is exactly why i love this product , it blends like a dream and the color is perfect its not too orange, red or mud brown. It retails for 30 dollars which is reasonable considering every bronzer in the market retails for about the same amount give or take and the pan is huge ive had it for a while now and i just started to see the rings before you hit pan yet i havent seen the actual pan so its still going strong.

on 6/23/2016 9:10:00 AM

I have fair skin and this shade is perfect for me. Not orange or muddy. Adorable packaging (the golden one). As always with bronzers - less is more, and it's better to gently build on than starting out with too much.