Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 10/12/2018 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of my favorite bronzers, a little harsh at first but once blended out, looks very nice. I have an olive skin tone, but it appears warm and really warms my face up (duh). Much easier to use than creme contours/bronzers--highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a big fan of bronzers. They generally don't look very natural on me whether I use them for contouring (my round face could do with some but it always looks peculiar) or to add a bit of colour to my pale face in summer. But I had a points perk little compact of this and decided to give it a try and, to my surprise, I really like it. It works well to darken my throat a bit so it matches my face (matching my face to my neck would have me looking like a sheet of printer paper!). And if I use a large, fluffy powder brush to dust this all over my face, it does give nice, natural colour to my skin and makes me look healthy rather than orange or artificial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size of this bronzer and that is high praise coming from someone like me, who generally avoids them.

on 6/27/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not repurchase

on 2/24/2018 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cocoa powder in my bronzer? Smells delicious! While I do love my PF Murumuru Butter Bronzer as it imparts a lovely golden sheen to my skin, I love this bronzer for its own wonderful qualities. This is a matte, but not flat cocoa shade that can be used for multiple purposes: bronzer, contour, eyeshadow, an in a pinch, to fill in brows if the shade works for you. I have a mini version which is the perfect size for travel, especially since it is so versatile. Love this, highly recommend it!

on 12/10/2017 8:25:00 AM

I really wanted a change in bronzer as I've been using Hoola since 2003! I am so glad I bought this, it's brilliant, very natural looking and has a wonderful smell. I actually prefer this to Hoola as it goes on nicely and blends out well, I found that Hoola could get a bit muddy if you weren't careful. The shade is brilliant on my NC20 - 25 skin. I find the price a bit high for what it is but I can see it lasting a while as it's quite a big pan and I'm not heavy handed with it. I also notice that it's not too dusty so I don't waste product when I dip my brush in.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am in love with this bronzer! My favorite has always been Hoola but it's not quite dark enough in the Summer. Chocolate Soleil is the perfect color for me. I don't tan my face so I work hard at faking it to match my body and this is spot on. I only use matte bronzer because I've never seen a real tan that shimmers and I am looking for a believable color when I use bronzer. This is perfectly chocolate (even smells like chocolate) with no orange or gold undertones and is perfectly matte!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this! I am Italian with a yellow undertone to my skin and this bronzer is the perfect color for me. It just melts into my skin and has a smooth, buttery texture. I can skip blush when I wear this. The fragrance is yummy...a cocoa butter smell but not overpowering. You can't smell it once it's on. I also use it as a neutral eye shadow because it goes on smooth.

The perfect bronzer! The medium shade (I'm a NC25-30) is not only great for bronzing, but also contouring, it can be natural or layered, it doesn't get patchy or blotchy wether you set your face or not, smells great and the packaging is bomb! And it's not too expensive either!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

This is a matte bronzer that doesn't show orangey on my skin, which is a plus! It is very easy to blend in, and it's not easy to overdo it, so you really don't need to be a makeup pro to make this bronzer look decent on your face.

I use it mostly to contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. If I want a more dramatic look, I will use a Nars multiple (in the shade St Barts) under it, to really accentuate the contouring and ensure a super long lasting application.

I also love the fact that it comes in a mini sized container and also in some palettes, which makes it easy to travel with it.

Finally, this has a great chocolate scent, which is a nice perk when applying it. However, the scent doesn't linger after application (at least, not that I notice).

I really like this bronzer (it has been staple in my MU routine for months now) and I will repurchase it if I ever run out of it.