Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

This is a matte bronzer that doesn't show orangey on my skin, which is a plus! It is very easy to blend in, and it's not easy to overdo it, so you really don't need to be a makeup pro to make this bronzer look decent on your face.

I use it mostly to contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. If I want a more dramatic look, I will use a Nars multiple (in the shade St Barts) under it, to really accentuate the contouring and ensure a super long lasting application.

I also love the fact that it comes in a mini sized container and also in some palettes, which makes it easy to travel with it.

Finally, this has a great chocolate scent, which is a nice perk when applying it. However, the scent doesn't linger after application (at least, not that I notice).

I really like this bronzer (it has been staple in my MU routine for months now) and I will repurchase it if I ever run out of it.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Milk Chocolate soleil, it gives such a nice warmth to my skin (I am an NC25), but this one {Chocolate}, i really am not a fan of, i feel like it's too dark for an all over warmth/bronzing, it doesn't blend well and its super blotchy. I am surprised because literally everyone raves about it here and on youtube, so i don't know why it didn't work for me. But i do LOVE the Milk Chocolate one.

on 9/28/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've used this everyday for a year, and it looks untouched. Amazing bronzer, so gorgeous, pigmented, easy to blend, natural looking... Just all the things you wish for in a bronzer!
Not that fond of the smell (honestly, if that is what American chocolate tastes like, I'm fine over here), but honestly, I don't even smell it anymore because I'm so used to it. Though I can say that it tastes like chocolate (I got some in my mouth when I did my bronzer, okay? I'm not that much of a freak)

on 8/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite bronzer! The smell is so amazing. I bought a travel size and I'm definitely going to purchase the bigger size when I run out. It blends and lasts. Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

on 7/27/2016 11:19:00 AM

I didn't like the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but Chocolate Soleil is saving my ass this summer. I'm Mediterranean with olive skin and tan easily, no matter how hard I try not to. Of course, my precious facial skin is way more protected than my body, and this bronzer is the perfect shade, opacity, texture, and level of shimmer (i.e. it is totally MATTE) to disguise the shade discrepancy between my face and body.

I apply to most of my face with a big fluffy brush to diffuse the pigment. It honestly looks pretty natural, doesn't turn orange or oxidize, blends nicely, lasts the whole day and as a bonus, can mattify whatever nonsense I have on underneath. This hasn't broken me out at all. The packaging and scent are to die for, though sometimes the fragrance catches me off guard lol. It costs $30 which is pricey but not insane, and you do get a lot of product.

I do normally prefer a tiny bit of shimmer in bronzers to add a sunny glow, but that would be overkill with the way I'm using Choc Soleil. I can always add dimension with blush and highlighter over it (and I do). This is a good, workhorse product without a lot of 'wow' factor (for me at least, I totally bought it begrudgingly haha) that I get a ton of use from. Definitely recommend.

on 7/22/2016 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been working on a sample size of this for quite some time and I have a backup, so that makes me happy. It's great matte bronzer for my NW20 skin. It applies smoothly and lasts all day. I have it in medium/deep.

I love this bronzer, it stays on the whole day and doesn't get splotchy! Also I love the scent of this bronzer :)

on 6/19/2016 10:21:00 AM

I have mine in the shade "deep/tan matte" which is
The darkest i guess.
This is an okay bronzer, not my fav, it goes pretty red/orange on my skin, definitely not for contouring!
The smell is okay im not sniffing it all the time because its really nothing special.
I like the packaging though.
I find that sometimes it fades on my forhead like in 3 hours and i rarley touch my face.