Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate SoleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

on 7/16/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging is adorable! I'm NC20 and I have the Chocolate Soleil. It does smell like chocolates :) I use this to warm my face up and also, as a light contour in the hollows of my cheeks and at the sides of my temples to slim my face down. I have a warm undertone, so maybe that's why it shows up a little reddish brown on me, not orange though, which is good.

If I'm doing bronzing or light contouring, the reddish tone is no problem at all. But when I'm not paying attention and I apply too much, it does look a bit obvious. On the up side, since it does look a bit reddish, I also use this as a blush sometimes, The reddish tint is no problem for me though, since this is, after all, a Bronzer, which is to warm the face up, and not a Contour. Although I do like that I can also use this as a light contour even with the bit of red in it.

It's a very finely milled powder and also very blendable. I have no problems with breakouts whatsoever.

I will not repurchase only because I don't want to worry looking red if I'm not paying attention while putting this on (which is a lot of the time). I will be looking for a bronzer which is more neutral than warm.

on 6/23/2016 9:10:00 AM

I have fair skin and this shade is perfect for me. Not orange or muddy. Adorable packaging (the golden one). As always with bronzers - less is more, and it's better to gently build on than starting out with too much.

on 6/12/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I totally get the hype for this product despite the early issues of trying to make it work for me. Nice for a sun-kissed hue in the sense of a traditional all-over bronzer, but don't feel it looks totally convincing on my NC25 skin as a darker contour shade. I can probably get away with it in sunlight but artificial lights make it look kind of dirty instead of natural shadow. Bummer because I love it. (The lighter milk chocolate version works well for the mid countour shades for my specific skintone though, so yay!).

I still use this daily to colour correct a beautiful Burberry foundation that's a tad too light, or occasionally when I'm going for the old sun-kissed sheer colour placement of dusting over cheeks, nose and forehead, but I favour a bit of glow in those type of bronzers instead of all matte. Still this performs well and is pretty versatile.

Great for an eyeshadow crease contour and to blend in natural looks - especially if you go on to do nose and temple contouring, strobing or bronzing. Really subtle trick but big difference it makes to tie everything in.

Smells utterly divine! Blends well and has great staying power too, holding up about 8 hours in humidity. Packaging is sturdy and easy. Highly recommended for fair-med skinned people who are looking for a matte bronzer, or chocoholics who need a whiff! Have hit pan after using for over a year, so preparing to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I rarely ever give products for the face glowing reviews. I am usually on the fence about the product for a while before I either get rid of it or grow to love it. I loved this product instantly, and will probably purchase this forever!
My skin: NC30, normal skin type
My uses for the product: defining/light contouring, natural darkening of skin
The product: shows up as a greyish brown when swatched on my hand, but looks warmer on the skin. Previously I had used this limited edition MAC bronzer that had strong golden undertones. I realized recently as I was finishing it up that it was a little orange looking at times and did NOT work as a defining product powder. At best it worked as a blush. I use this on my face either on my cheekbones or under it. It is marketed as a bronzer but it works as a contour for warmer tones. Looks natural and gives a warm, well-made up face look with minimal effort because it's so blendable. It smells good but not too strong. Lasted about 11 hours with Urban Decay setting spray

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Holygrail product! I have this & the milk chocolate! I will continue to repruchase this as long as another one comes far greater than this. I mean seriously, need I say more this product is LOVE!

on 12/30/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh yes, this is my HG bronzer now.

I've tried quite a few bronzers by this point, and pretty much always ran into one of two problems: it was either too orange, or too dark on my fair skin. Or both.

I'd had my eye on this bronzer for some time, and finally my husband bought it for me as a gift.

I got the Milk Chocolate shade, and it is perfect. It is a very, very light brown with no orange in it, and the powder is sheer enough that I can build it up, should I decide to. It smells like chocolate, too, but unforunately, I'm one of those crazies who hates chocolate so that is not a plus for me. Still, it's the best damn bronzer I've ever used and I am never going back. Pale girls, give this stuff a try!

on 12/21/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this in the sample size from Sephora as a 100 point perk. I was looking for something to replace my beloved Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Powder in Tawny which is my ideal contouring/bronzing powder for my olive/yellow under-toned light skin. This comes close. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The scent is exactly like the hot chocolate packets with marshmallows! Delicious. I'll probably buy full size if I can't find a better dupe for my CG Minerals in Tawny.

on 11/10/2015 5:36:00 PM

This has become my daily bronzer for several reasons. I love it so much!

It is matte! To me, shimmer gets old, so I want something natural-looking. Something that won't make me look like a disco ball. Since this is a matte bronzer, it is perfect.

The color is great! I am quite fond of the hue. I have heard of people using it for contouring. I have rather tan skin, so I don't use it to do major contouring, but it does enough give definition to my face if applied lightly. I apply it on my hairline, on my jawline, a little on one side of the nose, and then under my cheekbones.

It smells amazing! It smells like chocolate and that makes it enjoyable to use. I am a fan of the packaging. It is cute, like most Too Faced products. It comes in a gold compact with a mirror. I am not crazy about the pricing. It is about $30, but I think it's worth the money. I use it everyday and I can't imagine my makeup arsenal without it.