Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

on 7/16/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must say, the packaging is adorable, and the smell is just...! Even my mother who side eyes my makeup addiction can't help but fall in love with it. The packaging is not only pretty but also really sturdy and I really like that it has a mirror.

I'm NC25, oily on my T-zone, and I have the medium/deep Chocolate Soleil, which if I don't pay attention, can get too dark on me. I should probably buy the Milk one but meh. I don't really mind that it's a bit dark for me because I actually have the choice to easily lightly apply some on or build it up when I want. And this just makes it so easy. It is a finely milled product so it is very blendable and the finish on the skin, even if I build it up, is just very natural and skin-like. Love! I'm sensitive and acne-prone but this does not break me out or whatever. I also love that it stays on for quite a long time.

I use this to warm my face up and lightly contour the hollows of my cheeks, temples, and my jawbone. It gives me that lightly tanned look and helps give my face dimension. On my warm skin tone, the Chocolate Soleil is warm but not orange-ish, which is perfect as a bronzer.

I have even used this on my NC30-35 friend and it looked super great on her as well. Just melted right into skin-like finish leaving no trace of powder whatsoever.

This is quite pricey but I think it's worth it if you want to just level up from drugstore products. I shall repurchase!

on 6/23/2016 9:10:00 AM

I have fair skin and this shade is perfect for me. Not orange or muddy. Adorable packaging (the golden one). As always with bronzers - less is more, and it's better to gently build on than starting out with too much.

on 6/12/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I totally get the hype for this product despite the early issues of trying to make it work for me. Nice for a sun-kissed hue in the sense of a traditional all-over bronzer, but don't feel it looks totally convincing on my NC25 skin as a darker contour shade. I can probably get away with it in sunlight but artificial lights make it look kind of dirty instead of natural shadow. Bummer because I love it. (The lighter milk chocolate version works well for the mid countour shades for my specific skintone though, so yay!).

I still use this daily to colour correct a beautiful Burberry foundation that's a tad too light, or occasionally when I'm going for the old sun-kissed sheer colour placement of dusting over cheeks, nose and forehead, but I favour a bit of glow in those type of bronzers instead of all matte. Still this performs well and is pretty versatile.

Great for an eyeshadow crease contour and to blend in natural looks - especially if you go on to do nose and temple contouring, strobing or bronzing. Really subtle trick but big difference it makes to tie everything in.

Smells utterly divine! Blends well and has great staying power too, holding up about 8 hours in humidity. Packaging is sturdy and easy. Highly recommended for fair-med skinned people who are looking for a matte bronzer, or chocoholics who need a whiff! Have hit pan after using for over a year, so preparing to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I rarely ever give products for the face glowing reviews. I am usually on the fence about the product for a while before I either get rid of it or grow to love it. I loved this product instantly, and will probably purchase this forever!
My skin: NC30, normal skin type
My uses for the product: defining/light contouring, natural darkening of skin
The product: shows up as a greyish brown when swatched on my hand, but looks warmer on the skin. Previously I had used this limited edition MAC bronzer that had strong golden undertones. I realized recently as I was finishing it up that it was a little orange looking at times and did NOT work as a defining product powder. At best it worked as a blush. I use this on my face either on my cheekbones or under it. It is marketed as a bronzer but it works as a contour for warmer tones. Looks natural and gives a warm, well-made up face look with minimal effort because it's so blendable. It smells good but not too strong. Lasted about 11 hours with Urban Decay setting spray

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Holygrail product! I have this & the milk chocolate! I will continue to repruchase this as long as another one comes far greater than this. I mean seriously, need I say more this product is LOVE!

on 12/30/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh yes, this is my HG bronzer now.

I've tried quite a few bronzers by this point, and pretty much always ran into one of two problems: it was either too orange, or too dark on my fair skin. Or both.

I'd had my eye on this bronzer for some time, and finally my husband bought it for me as a gift.

I got the Milk Chocolate shade, and it is perfect. It is a very, very light brown with no orange in it, and the powder is sheer enough that I can build it up, should I decide to. It smells like chocolate, too, but unforunately, I'm one of those crazies who hates chocolate so that is not a plus for me. Still, it's the best damn bronzer I've ever used and I am never going back. Pale girls, give this stuff a try!

on 12/21/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this in the sample size from Sephora as a 100 point perk. I was looking for something to replace my beloved Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Powder in Tawny which is my ideal contouring/bronzing powder for my olive/yellow under-toned light skin. This comes close. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The scent is exactly like the hot chocolate packets with marshmallows! Delicious. I'll probably buy full size if I can't find a better dupe for my CG Minerals in Tawny.

on 11/10/2015 5:36:00 PM

This has become my daily bronzer for several reasons. I love it so much!

It is matte! To me, shimmer gets old, so I want something natural-looking. Something that won't make me look like a disco ball. Since this is a matte bronzer, it is perfect.

The color is great! I am quite fond of the hue. I have heard of people using it for contouring. I have rather tan skin, so I don't use it to do major contouring, but it does enough give definition to my face if applied lightly. I apply it on my hairline, on my jawline, a little on one side of the nose, and then under my cheekbones.

It smells amazing! It smells like chocolate and that makes it enjoyable to use. I am a fan of the packaging. It is cute, like most Too Faced products. It comes in a gold compact with a mirror. I am not crazy about the pricing. It is about $30, but I think it's worth the money. I use it everyday and I can't imagine my makeup arsenal without it.

on 9/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sephora had a deluxe clamshell of this as a 100 point perk this week and it's exactly what I was looking for. Tons of bronzers run very warm which tend to look a little olive or orange-yellow, almost like curry or henna. These tend to wash me out! - or it looks like really dark orange blush in the hollows of my cheekbones. Not a very refined look.

The only shade available was medium/dark and has a neutral, almost cool tone to it. When I swatched it before purchase in-store, it looked like a dark brownish-grey on my hand. It compliments my skintone very well and has a faint scent of sweetened cocoa which is really nice. (Obviously, I love chocolate enough to put it on my face as makeup. Sarcasm aside, I really do like chocolate.)
It's very pigmented, however I think the medium/deep shade isn't all that "deep" ... I run on the fairer side, and with summer tanning I'm still around NC30-37 and the bronzer looks only a shade or two darker than my face/my hands.

At $30 retail price, I'd be hesitant to head to the store without warning to pick it up. There are only a few niche and luxury brands that I'd dole out some good money for. I heard some drugstore face powders from L'Oreal could be used as contouring powder as well (I'm eying the TrueMatch N7 compact which might be a dupe for this).

Popular Bronzers