Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually have this in a palette and I LOVE IT. I use it with a slightly thick yet angled contour brush for my upper cheekbones, hallows, and temples. Then I blend upwards with a normal fluffy brush.

Stupid question: I was looking at the too faced chocolate bar eye shadows (LOVE their eye shadows but WAY too expensive in my opinion) and it smelled amazing like cocoa. The salesgirl said there are natural antioxidants in it due to the actual use of cocoa. Is that then true for this bronzer? I've been trying to clean up my skincare routine to get rid of chemicals as much as possible. Loving RMS applied with fingers then buffed with a wet beauty blender FYI!

on 12/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice bronzer. There is no trace of orange so it's really natural looking on the skin and blends in really nicely. It's cool toned so it's ideal for contouring. If I was tanned though I would need something darker but for the winter it's a good bronzer to use.

I have used the other two chocolate bronzers and this is by far the BEST. It is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I am medium skin tone with blondish hair. I love the Too Faced collections, and had a bronzer wardrobe. I still have some left, and use both chocolate ones often. When I saw this, I had to have it. It goes on a bit dark, so you do have to blend well. I put mine on with a Sephora professional bronzer brush and then at the end after putting all my make up on. I use the Smashbox Telephoto brush to blend. I am also addicted to the chocolate smell!

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

on 12/9/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRONZER. I have it in the medium to dark (the original?) and I am about an NC40 in MAC. I feel like I need to use this every time I put on makeup. Creates the perfect natural contour without looking like I have a stark line on my face. Super blendable, pigmented, a little goes a long way, perfect neutral undertoned brown plus it smells like chocolate. I thought it was pretty expensive but I've had it for almost 2 years and I haven't hit pan (I can see the rings from the pan underneath so I assume it'll be soon) so pretty good value would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down best bronzer I've used. It's PERFECT for tan asian skin. If you're an asian, and you're tanned, get this and never use another bronzer ever again. It also smells like chocolate, which makes this not just the best looking bronzer but the best smelling bronzer I've used. This is actually a big plus point for me, because I love the Too Faced Chocolated Bar eyeshadow palette, and when this and the bronzer are used at the same time on my face, BAM the most subtle and yet wonderful perfume, all over your face. I've gotten compliments on how I smell, and it's because of these chocolate scented products.

Beyond the smell, though, this bronzer is silky smooth, it applies almost like a cream to powder, which is wonderful because I get the staying power of a cream with the natural look of a powder. It applies without patchiness, and I feel it's best applied with a patting motion using a smaller contour brush before being blended out with a bigger cheek brush. I'm not sure why it applies so well this way, but it may be due to the slight cream to powder texture.

The colour is to die for. Not too orange, nor too warm brown, not too cool to look like dirt, just the perfect neutral bronzer shade that makes your carved out cheekbones look like you were blessed with them naturally. The price is higher up there, but it is so worth it.

Packaging is cute and princess-y, it'll fit well with the too faced heart blushes in your collection, although it looks slightly cheap to me with the obvious plastic gimmicky princess look BUT if packaging is the only downside of this product, just goes to show how great the actual product is. And if you like the princessy look? This is perfect for you.

on 10/2/2015 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Light to medium skin, neutral to warm, NW25/NC25, combination, sensitive skin

I've tried many bronzers that look pink, orange,red, or shimmery on my skin. I prefer matte bronzers. I decided to try Chocolate Soleil and was hooked. It gives me a natural healthy bronze look, and isn't orange, red, or pink on my skin.

I apply it in a 3 shape ( temple, cheek, jaw) with a Quo bronzing brush.

I bought the travel size when Sephora sold them. When I'm done I'm buying the full size. A definite repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I cannot believe how pale this product is. Looks like latte milk chocolate to me. The picture on the box as well as the pics online do not match this shade in real life. It smells nice, is buttery, but there is no way I can use this shade.

For reference I am 173 Amber in ultra HD makeup forever.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This smells and tastes amazing like chocolate, if your wondering how i know that it tastes good particles of powder got into to my mouth :D
the product itself is really good, probably woun't be the best option for really fair skin as the bronzer is on the darker side so id suggest going for the milk chocolate one,(wiTch ive ordered and ill do a review on it aswell)