Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.3

on 6/22/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This product earns five stars in every category. Exquisite texture and color allows a light touch with the brush to assure beautiful, believable warmth. I do not contour, applying this product only where sun would naturally hit on high points of face. A masterful creation, Too Faced. Thank you.

on 11/12/2017 3:35:00 PM

When I first purchased this, I wasn't blown away.
But recently after trying it again, I've come to decide that I do like it.
It's a very matte browny bronzer.
I think I didn't initially like it because I can be heavy handed with bronzer and this can go very muddy if you apply it heavily.
I love the smell and I love the gold packaging.
But will I buy it again - I'm still unsure.
But I do like it, I think fair skin types should avoid this.

on 8/11/2017 11:51:00 AM

Really enjoyed this bronzer! It's not too warm, and not too neutral. Just the right color to bronze up the face without going overtop. Also I love the fact that it is matte without giving a dull look to the skin. It blends perfectly and pretty fast with or without foundation. It is my go to bronzer, and sad thing is I am almost running out.
The only con is the price, so I'm looking for cheaper alternatives. Although sometimes is just better to stick to what you know as I have a few unfinished bronzers that were always either too orange, or sparkly, or powdery...so we'll see.
Definitely recommend. :)

I used to be a big fan of this bronzer during my contouring phase. Now that I look at it, it was a bit too dark and warm for that purpose on me, a light olive (C2). However, i love using this bronzer now sort of as a blush base/topper. I use it lightly on the tops of my cheekbones to give a sun-kissed look, and it looks very natural and pretty when blended out with a light peachy color. I personally love the chocolate scent, and the packaging includes a nice big mirror which is always appreciated!

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually have this in a palette and I LOVE IT. I use it with a slightly thick yet angled contour brush for my upper cheekbones, hallows, and temples. Then I blend upwards with a normal fluffy brush.

Stupid question: I was looking at the too faced chocolate bar eye shadows (LOVE their eye shadows but WAY too expensive in my opinion) and it smelled amazing like cocoa. The salesgirl said there are natural antioxidants in it due to the actual use of cocoa. Is that then true for this bronzer? I've been trying to clean up my skincare routine to get rid of chemicals as much as possible. Loving RMS applied with fingers then buffed with a wet beauty blender FYI!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the colour of this bronzer for contouring, however i find it to be muddy on the skin after a while. For some reason, on my skin it just doesnt really last. I won't be repurchasing this product when finished

on 12/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice bronzer. There is no trace of orange so it's really natural looking on the skin and blends in really nicely. It's cool toned so it's ideal for contouring. If I was tanned though I would need something darker but for the winter it's a good bronzer to use.

I have used the other two chocolate bronzers and this is by far the BEST. It is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I am medium skin tone with blondish hair. I love the Too Faced collections, and had a bronzer wardrobe. I still have some left, and use both chocolate ones often. When I saw this, I had to have it. It goes on a bit dark, so you do have to blend well. I put mine on with a Sephora professional bronzer brush and then at the end after putting all my make up on. I use the Smashbox Telephoto brush to blend. I am also addicted to the chocolate smell!

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.