Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is my all time favorite bronzer! i have oily nc 25 skin and acne marks. this is my favorite bronzer because it's really the only one that doesn't make my redness peek through. it is the perfect shade to bronze and even contour! the packaging is also super pretty and it smells sooo yummy!

on 7/19/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on VERY patchy on me, I really have to blend like crazy, or it looks spottie.
not worth all the hype IMO, I going to try LM or Laura Geller

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 7/12/16: I got another one of these from a Sephora bronze product set & I had forgotten how much I loved it! Also have it in the little black wardrobe of bronzers book set. I would repurchase this as a single when I run out! Smells yummy. I like NARS Laguna too. Dunno which I'd buy when I run out -in reality I'm on low buy- but this has edged out hoola for my top spot for bronzer too. It is just the perf shade not too dark not too reddish but tbh NYX blush in Taupe is "kind of" similar colored if ur looking for a dupe. It's just less fun to use coz of the highly coveted chocolate aroma lol I'm hoping my delux sample lasts awhile is all! I've got a delux Laguna/O too. MAC makes a nice matte bronzer which id what I'll use up after this & Laguna are used up. MAC is darker thou this really is the shade of chocolate & I apply it w an ELF contour brush to contour. Ev1 needs this!!
---
Original review: lurrrrrvvveee this bronzer! I bought the "Sex & Chocolate" set from Sephora; great way to spend $15 bucks! This is not orange at all nor a shimmery glitter bomb. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting for USD$15 (not a lot obvs!), but this is gr8. I got the bronzer & Better Than Sex mascara both mini's but u still get a lot of product although I have a feeling I will be using this a lot. This bronzer smells so yummy! (FWIW the mascara is also a good product). This doesn't make me shiny (I am the oiliest of the oilies ever), it is gr8 for contour OR bronzer purposes to give ur face some warmth & glow w/o a whole bunch of glitter which imo glitter can look kinda a hot mess on ppl who tend to get shiny/greasy/need-to-blot-constantly like myself. I am so happy I bought this, plus I am VIB Rouge for 2016 now!! I don't know how much a full sized TF bronzer retails for (not cheap!), but this is so much better than my old NYC Sunny. After I finish this i will need to decide Benefit Hoola vs. this but atm I am one very happy customer. I thought the packaging was a little lacking (it's in flimsy cardboard not a plastic compact), but what it lacks in packaging glitz is made up for by the quality of the product inside 4 sure. Like I said I wasn't sure what to expect for such a bargain! I don't have a lot of TF makeup I've only ever had the mascara but now my interest is piqued in getting one or both of the chocolate bars finances ever permitting but idk which 1 lol so hence why I need both. I already have Benefit Hoola in a blusher palette (xmas set promo), i think I need a full size of this lol ("money ain't gonna spend itself"), the wonderful aroma alone is reason enough to buy this over Hoola! I'm a TF convert :) :) :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is my favorite. Smells amazing and has a nice matte finish. I'll buy this forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Firstly...YUM! This smells devine!!
Colour is beautiful and matte, and allows for a subtle application that can be built to dramatic.
My only catch with this product, and the thing that would stop me re-buying, is the packaging; horrible to get into, I have broken a couple of nails on it. Not sure if I got a dud, or if that is standard.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this bronzer. I don't think it's too dark, on my NC30 skin I think it's great to contour but not too dark to wear all over the face. The tone is great, not orange or ashy at all, just a really great warm brown shade that is totally matte.. I find it's the only bronzer that is actually the color of my skin when I'm tan. I also love to use this in the socket of my eye for great natural definition and warmth on the eye. The only thing that was a negative for me was the packaging. I don't know if I just got a bad one or what, but literally the day after I bought this I could hear the pan rattling around in the compact and thought "oh, that's not good-this is totally going to fall apart" and sure enough, the next day I opened the compact and the pan just fell out. On the one hand, it didn't really bother me because I had planned to depot it anyway and put it in an Unii palette, but on the other hand, when I pay $30ish dollars for a product, I expect better quality. Again, not a huge issue, but kind or ridiculous all the same. But the product itself is so great, I will totally re-purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I was searching for a matte bronzer that I could use during winter on my pale skin. Chocolate Soleil has a very natural tone to it, and even though it's really pigmented, it doesn't make me look patchy. With a right brush, it's very buildable and provides stunning results! Not to mention that it smells so yummy! On the downside, it's a bit pricey in Europe, around 35, but I gave it 5 lippies anyway, because it's worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

One of the best bronzers ever created!

PROS:
-perfect matte finish
-smells wonderful
-excellent for contouring or getting that deep bronzed look
-color lasts all day, no fade
-blends nicely
-a little goes a loooooong wayyyy

CONS:
-kinda pricey but it does last a while so i guess it evens out
-if not applied sparingly, can look too much -.-

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

I adore this bronzer! I use it for bronzing and contouring. Amazing! It looks so natural! I'm definitely buying again. It lasted me 1.5 months (applying twice daily) until the metal bottom started to show. A bit expensive, but worth the cash.

on 3/17/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the best and most natural bronzer I have ever used. I exchanged the bare minerals faux tan for this and i am so glad I did. I've used Laura gellar bronze and brighten, benefit hoola, smashbox suntan matte, and some others and this by far gives the most natural look to my medium skintone. I've been using the hoola for almost a year now and was kinda getting tired of it. I can say the hoola has more of a yellowish undertone where the chocolate soleil is a true brown and even makes the texture of my very very oily skin look better. Its awesome!