Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate SoleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.1

on 12/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice bronzer. There is no trace of orange so it's really natural looking on the skin and blends in really nicely. It's cool toned so it's ideal for contouring. If I was tanned though I would need something darker but for the winter it's a good bronzer to use.

on 9/28/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this everyday for a year, and it looks untouched. Amazing bronzer, so gorgeous, pigmented, easy to blend, natural looking... Just all the things you wish for in a bronzer!
Not that fond of the smell (honestly, if that is what American chocolate tastes like, I'm fine over here), but honestly, I don't even smell it anymore because I'm so used to it. Though I can say that it tastes like chocolate (I got some in my mouth when I did my bronzer, okay? I'm not that much of a freak)

on 7/16/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging is adorable! I'm NC20 and I have the Chocolate Soleil. It does smell like chocolates :) I use this to warm my face up and also, as a light contour in the hollows of my cheeks and at the sides of my temples to slim my face down. I have a warm undertone, so maybe that's why it shows up a little reddish brown on me, not orange though, which is good.

If I'm doing bronzing or light contouring, the reddish tone is no problem at all. But when I'm not paying attention and I apply too much, it does look a bit obvious. On the up side, since it does look a bit reddish, I also use this as a blush sometimes, The reddish tint is no problem for me though, since this is, after all, a Bronzer, which is to warm the face up, and not a Contour. Although I do like that I can also use this as a light contour even with the bit of red in it.

It's a very finely milled powder and also very blendable. I have no problems with breakouts whatsoever.

I will not repurchase only because I don't want to worry looking red if I'm not paying attention while putting this on (which is a lot of the time). I will be looking for a bronzer which is more neutral than warm.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. I have tan skin and I find this bronzer is great for warming up the skin. For my skin color range I don't recommend it if you are looking to contour your face with it because it is not dark enough. I use it to give my skin a more bronze appearance which is what it is made more. It is on the pricier side however it has taken me forever to use it all up. It's what I consider an investment.

on 5/26/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know people LOVE this bronzer, but for me, I hated it! The color was splotchy on my oily skin even with a powder base. But worst of all, the reason for returning it and the reason for 1 star review is the SMELL. I don't understand how people like the smell! Yes it smells like chocolate, but it's that fake chocolate scented marker or fake hot chocolate powder smell. It's so sickeningly sweet. I tried it and went for a walk, as soon as I warmed up and my makeup warmed up, it's all I could smell. I know many will disagree and if you like it, I'm glad but I just could not do this bronzer.

on 4/16/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really sure where I'm going wrong with this bronzer as I don't seem to like it quite as much as everyone else reviewing it does!
I bought it because i heard fabulous things and I wanted a bronzer without any shimmer or orange tones in it. I love the smell, the packaging and really liked the look of the colour, however, when I put it on my face it goes patchy every time. I always make sure my foundation is dry before applying, I have tried over powder, under powder, with multiple brushes and every time it goes streaky and I find it almost impossible to blend. I'm so disappointed as it gets such good reviews, now that I've bought it I will continue to persevere and hope I begin to love it, but at this point I don't think I'd buy it again.
I also think it's very expensive for a bronzer, it costs just as much as my chanel foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know many people love the smell of this but I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of anything fragrant on my face even if it's natural. That aside its a beautiful bronzer. I have no complaints

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new Holy Grail for a Matte powder contour. Holy Moly that's all I can say. I use the Dark Chocolate bronzer and it smells delicious but it is the best I have used to date. I'm all about bargaining and I have to say E.L.F has a matte bronzer that could potentially be a dupe but the powder on the Too Faced Dark Chocolate bronzer is so much more finely milled and glides on so nicely given that perfect chiseled Adele contour. I use the Younique Beachfront bronzer on top if I want a shimmer but I'm in love with this bronzer. I have already ordered one for my daughter and will definitely purchase again. Way to go Too Faced. The original Chocolate Solei wasn't quite dark enough for my tan Hispanic skin tones even though I fall on the lighter side it just wasn't deep enough. Problem solved with Dark Chocolate. Definitely worth the price.

on 10/10/2015 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm usually a fan of very slightly shimmery bronzers but I actually really liked this one. I have the medium/deep shade (I'm NC20 but I thought it looked okay after swatching it on my hand) and it's a bit of a cooler shade. That said, I'm not sure how "deep" this actually is. It looks fine on me (although I would prefer that it were slightly warmer), but I can't imagine it would do a whole lot for someone with a deeper skintone.

It's pretty pigmented (although light to be "medium/deep" like I said) so I've started using a skunk brush to apply it instead of the angled blush brush (that I was using with my Lorac bronzer.) I know part of the appeal of this product is that it "smells like chocolate" -- personally, I find that it smells more like play-doh, although it's not necessarily detectable while you're wearing it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good product… just not for me. I use Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in a color Dark Chocolate; it's deep to tan. I don't know how I feel about it since I can't use it for its intended purpose—as a matte bronzer. I have oily/very oily skin & was excited to find one that's matte instead of containing shimmer & glitter. If you have my skin type, you know that sparkles can make you look dirty & muddy mixed with the oil that is already on our skin.

Though this is the darkest shade, it's not dark enough for me to look tanned or sunkissed. Long story short:I'm using a $30 bronzer as an allover face powder. I know I'd be able to do more with this if it was a shade or two darker!

I wear this both alone & over foundation makeup, & apply it with a kabuki brush as I would any other pressed powder. The finish is smooth & really pretty; actually covers & evens out the red that's in my face. For it to neutralize redness & be as lightweight as it is really impressed me. It's amazing chocolatey smell comes from the real cocoa powder in its formula.

As much as I enjoy this as a finishing powder, I honestly won't be going out of my way to purchase another just because of the price & the fact I can't use it to bronze/contour. For those who can work with the shades, however, I do recommend this product! I know my review sounds more negative that anything, but it it truly is because of my skin tone & not the product itself :)