Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 11/13/2016 4:13:00 PM

I'be been looking for the perfect bronzer for a LONG time. My criteria were:

-Dark enough for my medium/neutral skin tone
-Fully matte
-Not at all orange
-Blendable

This does all of that plus has super cute packaging and smells like chocolate. I use this with my IT Cosmetics Airbrush Essential Bronzer Brush #114 and it's heavenly. HG status.

on 11/9/2016 9:31:00 PM

Love love love, I apply with a foundation brush and use it as more of a contour, it's great

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Milk Chocolate soleil, it gives such a nice warmth to my skin (I am an NC25), but this one {Chocolate}, i really am not a fan of, i feel like it's too dark for an all over warmth/bronzing, it doesn't blend well and its super blotchy. I am surprised because literally everyone raves about it here and on youtube, so i don't know why it didn't work for me. But i do LOVE the Milk Chocolate one.

on 8/15/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite bronzer! The smell is so amazing. I bought a travel size and I'm definitely going to purchase the bigger size when I run out. It blends and lasts. Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to sephora and buy it after swatch the both really it worth every penny I bought the golden packaging be aware the colour will apper after the third application which give u good control. Great product overall. I highly recommend

I have used the other two chocolate bronzers and this is by far the BEST. It is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I am medium skin tone with blondish hair. I love the Too Faced collections, and had a bronzer wardrobe. I still have some left, and use both chocolate ones often. When I saw this, I had to have it. It goes on a bit dark, so you do have to blend well. I put mine on with a Sephora professional bronzer brush and then at the end after putting all my make up on. I use the Smashbox Telephoto brush to blend. I am also addicted to the chocolate smell!

on 4/2/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Close, but no cigar. Still greatly prefer the NYC Sunny Bronzer and Bobbi Brown's Bronzer in Medium. If you have light skin tone with yellow undertones, go with those. If you have a cool tone, this, Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Natural, and Hoola will probably work better for you.

Pros:
matte
natural-looking

Cons:
scented (chocolate)
not great for warm-toned skins
too subtle and almost ashy

on 3/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As hyped as this product is, I kind of feared that my expectations would be too high and I'd just be like "meh". This really is the perfect bronzer, though. I'm fair skinned, and I probably could've gone with the milk chocolate one, but I'd rather use this and go a bit easy on the bronzer during the winter months, than having to buy another bronzer for summer when I've gotten too tanned to use the milk chocolate one. It smells gorgeously of chocolate - not too sweet and not too much of it, just a lovely hint of it whenever you open the compact. It goes on evenly and is easy to blend. And best of all: not a hint of orange in sight. I've used the Benefit Hoola religiously for contouring before, but lately I've found myself reaching for this to use for both contouring and bronzing, to get a softer look. It's not strictly a contouring shade, but it works if you're not looking to create really intense contours. Also, Too Faced is cruelty free which means I will be repurchasing this, while I won't repurchase the Benefit one once I run out. I don't have too much more to add, I feel like everything has been said about this product already. The one thing that I can find to "complain" about (I'm reaching here) would be that the packaging photographs better than it looks irl. It's very cute, but it's also a little bit more plastic-y than I expected from having seen photos of it.

on 5/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a perfect contouring powder. No unnecessary shimmer (You're contouring with a bronzer generally, why would you want the opposite effect (shimmering highlight) of what you're trying to achieve?) Overpriced for what it is. The chocolate scent is unnecessary, although delicious when applying, ultimately a waste and a money grab...not to mention chemicals that are unnecessary and can most likely contribute to breakouts. I'd repurchase this overpriced product simply because there's not enough completely matte decent-coloured contouring powders out there.

This Bronzer is AMAZING! I needed a bronzer that was matte and not too orange, and this is perfect. It's a stunning dark brown shade, I use it with my kit contour brush and it takes me about 20 seconds to apply. It's so easy to blend and you can make it as natural or dramatic as you like. It works great for adding some colour to my face if I'm looking particularly pale. And the chocolate smell!!!!! Every time I use it I wonder if it tastes as good as it smells.... this product is amazing, you won't regret your purchase.