Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This, along with Benefit's Hoola is my favorite bronzer of the moment. I absolutely love matte bronzers, mostly because I feel like when a bronzer is too shimmery it really only looks good in the Spring or Summer, and it tends to distract from highlighted areas and eyeshadows.
I like bronzers to add warmth to the face without being too obvious or stealing the show, and this bronzer is perfect for that. It is the perfect not too light/ not too dark shade for my complexion, and leans a bit more neutral than some other bronzers, which can turn very orange on me because my skin is already pretty warm-toned. In fact, in a pinch this can be used as a contour shade because it is matte and not overly warm. When I first started contouring I was using this, and it works well for that purpose if you're into that.
It applies smoothly, with no patchiness or "muddiness", and lasts all day. It literally blends like a dream. It smells like chocolate, which may or may not be a selling point, but when you have a sweet tooth as big as mine, a chocolate scent is never a bad thing!
I really can't complain about the price when a product looks as nice as this does and, from what I've heard this lasts a long, long time before hitting pan, so you're getting a good amount of use for the price. If you have a light to medium skin tone, this is the perfect bronzer. There is also a lighter and darker bronzer shade for fair and dark skintones which probably work as well as this one does, although I've never tried them.

This is my HG bronzer! It does everything I need! It's not too warm or too cool toned, and it's super buildable. You can make this look super natural or really glam! It smells sooooooo amazing and also blends like a Dream!!! Basically this is perfection!

I love this bronzer, it stays on the whole day and doesn't get splotchy! Also I love the scent of this bronzer :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I rarely ever give products for the face glowing reviews. I am usually on the fence about the product for a while before I either get rid of it or grow to love it. I loved this product instantly, and will probably purchase this forever!
My skin: NC30, normal skin type
My uses for the product: defining/light contouring, natural darkening of skin
The product: shows up as a greyish brown when swatched on my hand, but looks warmer on the skin. Previously I had used this limited edition MAC bronzer that had strong golden undertones. I realized recently as I was finishing it up that it was a little orange looking at times and did NOT work as a defining product powder. At best it worked as a blush. I use this on my face either on my cheekbones or under it. It is marketed as a bronzer but it works as a contour for warmer tones. Looks natural and gives a warm, well-made up face look with minimal effort because it's so blendable. It smells good but not too strong. Lasted about 11 hours with Urban Decay setting spray

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

this product it's awesome so pigmented and so nice smell!!!

on 9/17/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I use this bronzer for contouring and it does a brilliant job. I accidentally bought the dark chocolate soleil when I meant to buy a lighter colour but I'm glad I made the mistake because it's a perfect colour for a good contour; although you need to be careful about how much you apply because a little goes a very long way. It's extremely pigmented and I only use the bare minimum on my brush, but I think you could get away with using more if you had darker skin than mine.
Other than that, I love how easy it is to blend this product and I think it's really nice how it smells like chocolate. Overall I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a bronzer for contouring.

on 9/10/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had really high hopes for this bronzer. It has good pigmentation but the shade is just too yellow-orange to look natural. It also kicks up a lot of dust.

BEST. MATTE. BRONZER. EVER.

period. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst bronzer I have ever used, save your time & money. I can't believe all of the positive reviews.. Once applied this stuff is straight up ORANGE. When I looked at myself in the mirror when I got home I thought an Oompa Loompa was looking back at me, I was seriously embarrassed that I went out in public with this stuff sparingly applied to my face.