Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

on 10/3/2018 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I just love this. It applies smoothly, the color is perfect, it smells AMAZING, and it lasts all day. Nothing more to say.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am not a big fan of bronzers. They generally don't look very natural on me whether I use them for contouring (my round face could do with some but it always looks peculiar) or to add a bit of colour to my pale face in summer. But I had a points perk little compact of this and decided to give it a try and, to my surprise, I really like it. It works well to darken my throat a bit so it matches my face (matching my face to my neck would have me looking like a sheet of printer paper!). And if I use a large, fluffy powder brush to dust this all over my face, it does give nice, natural colour to my skin and makes me look healthy rather than orange or artificial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size of this bronzer and that is high praise coming from someone like me, who generally avoids them.

on 2/24/2018 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cocoa powder in my bronzer? Smells delicious! While I do love my PF Murumuru Butter Bronzer as it imparts a lovely golden sheen to my skin, I love this bronzer for its own wonderful qualities. This is a matte, but not flat cocoa shade that can be used for multiple purposes: bronzer, contour, eyeshadow, an in a pinch, to fill in brows if the shade works for you. I have a mini version which is the perfect size for travel, especially since it is so versatile. Love this, highly recommend it!

I don't understand how people like this product. Yeah, it smells like chocolate. But smell is not what you base how great a product is on. This product applies extremely patchy, no matter what foundation, primer, or brush I use. And it doesn't blend out well. Maybe TF reformulated this product in the past year and the quality isn't as good, or maybe it's just always been terrible, but either way, I do not recommend.

I used to be a big fan of this bronzer during my contouring phase. Now that I look at it, it was a bit too dark and warm for that purpose on me, a light olive (C2). However, i love using this bronzer now sort of as a blush base/topper. I use it lightly on the tops of my cheekbones to give a sun-kissed look, and it looks very natural and pretty when blended out with a light peachy color. I personally love the chocolate scent, and the packaging includes a nice big mirror which is always appreciated!

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

on 9/22/2016 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to bronzer!! It is the perfect shade for my skin without looking orange or muddy. The smell is divine and makes the bronzer all the more fun to use. I find it applys really nicely without getting muddy and is beautifully buildable. For me, a little goes a long way.