Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite thing about this is the chocolate scent. It just sadly doesn't work with my skin tone at all. I have fair neutral skin and it just looked a bit orange, too light for contouring for me, so I use it with my eyeshadow.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

on 9/22/2016 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to bronzer!! It is the perfect shade for my skin without looking orange or muddy. The smell is divine and makes the bronzer all the more fun to use. I find it applys really nicely without getting muddy and is beautifully buildable. For me, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was kind of torn between trying this product out and hoola from benefit but i actually ended up getting my hands on a hoola sample and ended up not being a fan of it so i decided to buy the too faced chocolate soleil full sized product and im glad i did! i initially used it to contour which worked perfectly for my complexion but the more i got into contouring i ended up switching up my routine BUT i found this to be perfect for transitioning/blending out my contour. I use this on my forehead , jaw, bone , and hollows of my cheek over my contour. I love applying it with a dual fiber stippling brush because it gives me the softest most beautiful sun kissed look. if im doing a natural look ill apply this as my contour with the same stippling brush instead of my go to Nars ITA brush. I found hoola to be too muddy and hard to blend which is exactly why i love this product , it blends like a dream and the color is perfect its not too orange, red or mud brown. It retails for 30 dollars which is reasonable considering every bronzer in the market retails for about the same amount give or take and the pan is huge ive had it for a while now and i just started to see the rings before you hit pan yet i havent seen the actual pan so its still going strong.

on 6/12/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I totally get the hype for this product despite the early issues of trying to make it work for me. Nice for a sun-kissed hue in the sense of a traditional all-over bronzer, but don't feel it looks totally convincing on my NC25 skin as a darker contour shade. I can probably get away with it in sunlight but artificial lights make it look kind of dirty instead of natural shadow. Bummer because I love it. (The lighter milk chocolate version works well for the mid countour shades for my specific skintone though, so yay!).

I still use this daily to colour correct a beautiful Burberry foundation that's a tad too light, or occasionally when I'm going for the old sun-kissed sheer colour placement of dusting over cheeks, nose and forehead, but I favour a bit of glow in those type of bronzers instead of all matte. Still this performs well and is pretty versatile.

Great for an eyeshadow crease contour and to blend in natural looks - especially if you go on to do nose and temple contouring, strobing or bronzing. Really subtle trick but big difference it makes to tie everything in.

Smells utterly divine! Blends well and has great staying power too, holding up about 8 hours in humidity. Packaging is sturdy and easy. Highly recommended for fair-med skinned people who are looking for a matte bronzer, or chocoholics who need a whiff! Have hit pan after using for over a year, so preparing to repurchase.

on 12/30/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh yes, this is my HG bronzer now.

I've tried quite a few bronzers by this point, and pretty much always ran into one of two problems: it was either too orange, or too dark on my fair skin. Or both.

I'd had my eye on this bronzer for some time, and finally my husband bought it for me as a gift.

I got the Milk Chocolate shade, and it is perfect. It is a very, very light brown with no orange in it, and the powder is sheer enough that I can build it up, should I decide to. It smells like chocolate, too, but unforunately, I'm one of those crazies who hates chocolate so that is not a plus for me. Still, it's the best damn bronzer I've ever used and I am never going back. Pale girls, give this stuff a try!

on 12/9/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRONZER. I have it in the medium to dark (the original?) and I am about an NC40 in MAC. I feel like I need to use this every time I put on makeup. Creates the perfect natural contour without looking like I have a stark line on my face. Super blendable, pigmented, a little goes a long way, perfect neutral undertoned brown plus it smells like chocolate. I thought it was pretty expensive but I've had it for almost 2 years and I haven't hit pan (I can see the rings from the pan underneath so I assume it'll be soon) so pretty good value would repurchase.

on 11/23/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently purchased this bronzer in the dark chocolate shade and love it. The perfect shade of tan. This is matte but is not drying. Does not make you look orange or muddy. Cute packaging and the price is reasonable. Blends nicely and highly pigmented so you will not need a lot on your brush.