Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Other
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.7

the scent of this bronzer smells soo good, too faced products are something you will either love or hate because most of their products have a strong scent, the bronzers and some of the eyeshadow palette smell of chocolate, and i love that i bought the shade chocolate for medium to deep skin tones, and it is perfect bronzer for my summer skin tone. it's a matte bronzer that i like to use to contour my face. this is so far my favorite he bronzer that i have tried so far, mostly because of how good it smells :)

on 4/3/2016 8:30:00 PM

My all time fave bronzer. I wear this year round. It has zero shimmer in it and is such an awesome bronzer. Very matte texture and buildable. Love it!

on 1/13/2016 9:53:00 PM

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best out there. Totally matte, creamy, and gorgeous. Smells nice, too. I have this bronzer in milk chocolate and medium. I use the milk colour on myself ( I'm very fair skinned ) and the medium colour in my kit as a natural bronze/ contour. Works well with pinky/ peachy summery looks, totally matte so it photographs well. Dense, so you don't go through it too quickly. My clients always comment on the delicious chocolate smell- often lightens the mood when working under time pressure! Works beautifully as a matte eyeshadow, and blends well as a nose contour. Doesn't accentuate pores or uneven skin tone. My only drawback is that compared to NARS ' laguna' it looks more traditional,( bridal ) whereas laguna looks more ' fashion' in colour. That said, laguna runs out really quickly and breaks easily ( which is why I have it myself but don't carry it in my kit ). Overall, this is a terrific bronzer and a great addition to anyones collection. Would definitely repurchase.

on 8/28/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This bronzer is great for warm medium tones! It's pigmented but not too pigmented. The color looks very natural, it doesn't look orange or muddy. Its very blendable as well. The texture was that of a typical powder but it was not chalky in anyway. It did not break me out. I didn't particularly care for the smell of the product, it was overpowering to me, too much cocoa.

Edit 3/24/18: I ordered a full sized for myself for my bday (3/26) it’s perf. Smells amazing. Perf packaging so sleek & pretty. 5/5!! Edit 7/12/16: I got another one of these from a Sephora bronze product set & I had forgotten how much I loved it! Also have it in the little black wardrobe of bronzers book set. I would repurchase this as a single when I run out! Smells yummy. I like NARS Laguna too. Dunno which I'd buy when I run out -in reality I'm on low buy- but this has edged out hoola for my top spot for bronzer too. It is just the perf shade not too dark not too reddish but tbh NYX blush in Taupe is "kind of" similar colored if ur looking for a dupe. It's just less fun to use coz of the highly coveted chocolate aroma lol I'm hoping my delux sample lasts awhile is all! I've got a delux Laguna/O too. MAC makes a nice matte bronzer which id what I'll use up after this & Laguna are used up. MAC is darker thou this really is the shade of chocolate & I apply it w an ELF contour brush to contour. Ev1 needs this!!
---
Original review: lurrrrrvvveee this bronzer! I bought the "Sex & Chocolate" set from Sephora; great way to spend $15 bucks! This is not orange at all nor a shimmery glitter bomb. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting for USD$15 (not a lot obvs!), but this is gr8. I got the bronzer & Better Than Sex mascara both mini's but u still get a lot of product although I have a feeling I will be using this a lot. This bronzer smells so yummy! (FWIW the mascara is also a good product). This doesn't make me shiny (I am the oiliest of the oilies ever), it is gr8 for contour OR bronzer purposes to give ur face some warmth & glow w/o a whole bunch of glitter which imo glitter can look kinda a hot mess on ppl who tend to get shiny/greasy/need-to-blot-constantly like myself. I am so happy I bought this, plus I am VIB Rouge for 2016 now!! I don't know how much a full sized TF bronzer retails for (not cheap!), but this is so much better than my old NYC Sunny. After I finish this i will need to decide Benefit Hoola vs. this but atm I am one very happy customer. I thought the packaging was a little lacking (it's in flimsy cardboard not a plastic compact), but what it lacks in packaging glitz is made up for by the quality of the product inside 4 sure. Like I said I wasn't sure what to expect for such a bargain! I don't have a lot of TF makeup I've only ever had the mascara but now my interest is piqued in getting one or both of the chocolate bars finances ever permitting but idk which 1 lol so hence why I need both. I already have Benefit Hoola in a blusher palette (xmas set promo), i think I need a full size of this lol ("money ain't gonna spend itself"), the wonderful aroma alone is reason enough to buy this over Hoola! I'm a TF convert :) :) :)

on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I don't see a lot of dark skin reviews. I use this more as a finisher on top of my foundation because it's too light to contour me. I think this is breaking me out though, so I need to find something else.

on 12/4/2010 10:19:00 PM

HG bronzer for me, i'm an NC42 and this is great. I don't like shimmer bronzers because i like to add my own shimmer/highlight etc if i want to. it's great for contouring, the perfect tan color on me. and the smell is SO GOOD. it's also super buildable, one swipe and you get a sheer color.

on 8/5/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Another great bronzer from too faced! I was looking for a matte bronzer, and since I have had great experiences with too faced sunny bunny and Caribbean I thought I couldn't go wrong with chocolate soleil. the color is great and the smell is amazing! Def my HG for matte bronzers