Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 10/6/2016 10:39:00 PM

Smells really good. Really liked he color and undertone of bronzer. Had to stop using it as it was causing cystic acne on areas of application. Switched to NYX and acne never returned. I'd pass.

on 5/26/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know people LOVE this bronzer, but for me, I hated it! The color was splotchy on my oily skin even with a powder base. But worst of all, the reason for returning it and the reason for 1 star review is the SMELL. I don't understand how people like the smell! Yes it smells like chocolate, but it's that fake chocolate scented marker or fake hot chocolate powder smell. It's so sickeningly sweet. I tried it and went for a walk, as soon as I warmed up and my makeup warmed up, it's all I could smell. I know many will disagree and if you like it, I'm glad but I just could not do this bronzer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I cannot believe how pale this product is. Looks like latte milk chocolate to me. The picture on the box as well as the pics online do not match this shade in real life. It smells nice, is buttery, but there is no way I can use this shade.

For reference I am 173 Amber in ultra HD makeup forever.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hated this. This is mainly for extremely fair skin tones in my opinion

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a really bad bronzer for me. I have tried sooo many bronzers and this one made me look muddy and red faced it made my skin look so dull and it looked like i just bought a powder that was made for a black women. It didn't have a pretty brown look what it has is a really dull non contouring substance. I took my littlest brush at the end to at least try and countour and it looked like I had a light red streak on my cheek so I blened it and it went away. It is just to expensive to me and i didn't even like it. I HATED this product. If you are REALLY fair go ahead and try and if your dark use it as a powder. It's to finely milled to even say it's a bronzer. I bought Cover Girls True Tan for 3.99 and I got so many compliments today on how good my complextion looked. YESTURDAY when I used Too Faced 2 people asked me if I was sick or I looked tired. I was fine and when I washed my face my husband said whatever you had on today made you look like you had a rash... BAD BAD BAD

on 8/21/2012 9:00:00 PM

I was so excited about getting this product! I loved the natural brown tan it gave ma & the smell is so yummy! But this broke me out SO badly!!! Its the only new product Ive been using and wherever I put on this product I get a million little zits ALL over my cheeks. :( SO disappointing...

on 8/17/2010 3:40:00 AM

I'm NC25-30, and when I applied this to my skin, it looked like I applied poop to my face. It was an unnatural brown color on that smelled like chocolate. When I saw pictures of myself with this bronzer on, I looked really dirty and spotty. Yet another fail in my mission for the perfect bronzer.

Just to add, If you had this issue as well/have the same skin tone as me, I tried Smashbox's Suntan Matte. Looks very natural/worked for me. My HG bronzer <3

on 3/30/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love bronzer so yeah, i bought this out of impulse lol. The packaging is so cute..i just had to have it for my collection. Ok..on to the product. Well i had hopes for this bronzer but it isn't all that against my skintone. I mean..it works but it's not up there with my Tarte or Nars Bronzer at all. I would use this if it were the only thing i had but it leaves me looking a little idk..dull..grayish..um dirty. Im NC-43---C40 w/ yellow undertones so saying that i wouldn't recommend this to any lady with that same skintone. It doesn't even work well for me as an eyeshadow. For a matte bronzer i would recommend Benefit Hoola. But dam* this stuff smells so nice. I use it just for the smell but never out to school or work, anything like that. The coloring is so ....weird.

on 7/19/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on VERY patchy on me, I really have to blend like crazy, or it looks spottie.
not worth all the hype IMO, I going to try LM or Laura Geller

on 5/12/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

meh, i am NC42 yellow undertones and this left my face looking kinda dirty imo. i tried it on my cheeks-can't see anything. i tried to contour, looked dirty. it smells wonderfully chocolatey and goes on smooth but does not work for me. it looks great on the eyelids though! lol