Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 3/3/2012 1:26:00 PM

"Something about you.. just the way your face smells and I know it's not perfume.. drives me crazy!" This is what the guy I was seeing told me when I was wearing this stuff. Nuff said'. He think's its my pheromones, I know it's the Delicious Chocolate Soleil! Haha. This stuff smells so good!
It's a pretty, dark bronze color. No orange or peachy tones. Very.. brown. I'm pretty fair so I use it more often for contouring but it would look great on skin tones a little darker or peachier than mine. Matte. No sparkles (which I love). Goes on very smoothly. I recommend, ladies.

This is my HG bronzer!!! I have tried every single brand of bronzer out there both high end and drugstore brands. Everything i found was either way too orange or had so much shimmer in it that i looked like a junior high school girl experimenting with makeup. I had read on Sephoras website that Kim Kardashian uses this bronzer. While I am usually not one to fall for celebrity hype, I couldnt resist trying this due to the face that Kim always looks perfectly bronzed. I ADORE IT!!!! Beautiful MATTE bronze color. Not orange at all. True tan tones. The texture is great. I use a huge fluffy brush and sweep it over my nose, chin, forehead, as well as under my chin and to define my cheekbones. The smell is absolutely wonderful. It truly smells like chocolate. The staying power is great. Looks wonderful paired with a peach or pink blush. I personally use NARS Orgasm or BeneFit Sugarbomb everyday and both look phenomenal with it! If you are looking for the perfect bronzer, this is it!!!

on 6/10/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just need to say it aloud: "I miss Aqua Bunny Bronzer from Too Faced!!"

Okay, got that out. Because I loved Aqua Bunny so much I decided to try the Chocolate Soleil. I was looking for more of a matte bronzer and this fit the bill. It has a nice (minimal) cocoa powder scent. It's sweet without being disturbingly sweet.

I find that the coverage is buildable and I appreciate that as I'm a olive-skinned girl who, despite wearing SPF daily like it's my job, gets tan in the sun. Another thing I noticed is that it's not chalky like some bronzers.

I would say the best thing (which is probably a weirdo thing to say) is that it doesn't make me look 'dirty'. A few other department store matte bronzers make me feel like Pig Pen. For instance, Benefit Hoola made me look like I was heading to a callback for Les Mis, auditioning for the part of a street urchin.

Nonetheless, this is not orange, but I detect something in the bronzy color that makes it more 'I just spent a day at the beach' versus 'I just did some major dumpster diving.'

on 3/24/2012 6:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG bronzer. I have tried SO many being that I am extremely pale (NC10-15). This is the only one that does not look orange on me. It is actually a brown-toned bronzer instead of ORANGE! I feel like orange under-toned bronzers work for darker skin tones, but when you're as pale as I am, you might as well be putting the bronzer on a white face: it is going to show up the EXACT color that the bronzer is. And this bronzer is the actual color of being TAN, not an Oompa-Loompa! And as if it's not good enough, it smells like freaking COCOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG sooooooo delicious smelling!!!! LOVE THIS STUFF!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best out there. Totally matte, creamy, and gorgeous. Smells nice, too. I have this bronzer in milk chocolate and medium. I use the milk colour on myself ( I'm very fair skinned ) and the medium colour in my kit as a natural bronze/ contour. Works well with pinky/ peachy summery looks, totally matte so it photographs well. Dense, so you don't go through it too quickly. My clients always comment on the delicious chocolate smell- often lightens the mood when working under time pressure! Works beautifully as a matte eyeshadow, and blends well as a nose contour. Doesn't accentuate pores or uneven skin tone. My only drawback is that compared to NARS ' laguna' it looks more traditional,( bridal ) whereas laguna looks more ' fashion' in colour. That said, laguna runs out really quickly and breaks easily ( which is why I have it myself but don't carry it in my kit ). Overall, this is a terrific bronzer and a great addition to anyones collection. Would definitely repurchase.

I first bought the small size of this bronzer from the sephora checkout line - it came in a box called Tan Without the Twinkle and a small brush. It was the best decision I made. I was looking for the perfect no shimmer contour product. I bought NARS Laguna and didn't like it - it was too shimmery IMO. And the NARS Casino was too dark (I'm an NC30). I tried the benefit hoola bronzer it it was too orange/yellow. So I was running out of options.. And then this came. It's amazing because it gives me that contour colour I'm looking for without making me look orange. I only need a tiny amount of product and it blends well. Just be light handed or else it can make you look like a disaster. It smells amazing too.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Like the cast of Jersey Shore, I am addicted to bronzer. Unlike the cast of Jersey Shore, I enjoy a natural-looking bronze. Other matte bronzers are either too orange or don't show up on my skin at all (I'm looking at you Nars Laguna). This product the perfect bronzer for me: it's a rich, matte brown (with no hint of orange) that's well-pigmented; great for "bronzing" and for more detailed contouring. Also long lasting, extremely buildable and blendable and smells faintly like chocolate. Chocolate Soleil = WIN.

on 6/1/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

CS works very well for me when I am tan (NC35) but not so much when I'm in my natural state (NC20). It's quite pigmented so I have to use a light hand and build up gradually otherwise I get a muddy/dirty look. I really like it when I'm tan as it gives me a naturally bronzed look and warms up my skin. I use it mainly for contouring as it's matte. When I'm an NC20 it looks awful for contouring, pulls slightly orange and muddy. Benefit Hoola looks better when I'm lighter.

It is made from real cocoa but I find the scent to be rather off putting as it's pretty overwhelming and strong. I suffer from migraines a lot and if I apply too much of this it definately triggers them off.

Applies nicely but you definately need a good brush and freshly moisturized skin otherwise it can look blotchy. Lasting power is good it doesn't break me out. I like the compact and mirror included also.

on 2/5/2009 1:55:00 PM

I'm medium beige with yellow skin tones and this bronzer is the perfect color for me. It looks like hershey's milk chocolate powder in the pan (the picture is a bit orange but its not in person) and smells just like cocoa powder. It is very finely milled and has a lot of pigment so I only need a small amount, but it blends beautifully into my skin and looks completely natural without any orange at all. I even think it would be great for the fairest if used sparingly since it blends so easily, and would make a great finishing powder for darker skins. Perfect for contouring, bronzing, or a light finishing powder in summer. Doesn't sink into pores or slide off my oily face and lasts all day. Matte with depth so it doesn't look flat. Comes in a mirrored compact for $28. Beautiful bronzer!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this bronzer. I don't think it's too dark, on my NC30 skin I think it's great to contour but not too dark to wear all over the face. The tone is great, not orange or ashy at all, just a really great warm brown shade that is totally matte.. I find it's the only bronzer that is actually the color of my skin when I'm tan. I also love to use this in the socket of my eye for great natural definition and warmth on the eye. The only thing that was a negative for me was the packaging. I don't know if I just got a bad one or what, but literally the day after I bought this I could hear the pan rattling around in the compact and thought "oh, that's not good-this is totally going to fall apart" and sure enough, the next day I opened the compact and the pan just fell out. On the one hand, it didn't really bother me because I had planned to depot it anyway and put it in an Unii palette, but on the other hand, when I pay $30ish dollars for a product, I expect better quality. Again, not a huge issue, but kind or ridiculous all the same. But the product itself is so great, I will totally re-purchase.

Popular Bronzers