Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 2/5/2009 1:55:00 PM

I'm medium beige with yellow skin tones and this bronzer is the perfect color for me. It looks like hershey's milk chocolate powder in the pan (the picture is a bit orange but its not in person) and smells just like cocoa powder. It is very finely milled and has a lot of pigment so I only need a small amount, but it blends beautifully into my skin and looks completely natural without any orange at all. I even think it would be great for the fairest if used sparingly since it blends so easily, and would make a great finishing powder for darker skins. Perfect for contouring, bronzing, or a light finishing powder in summer. Doesn't sink into pores or slide off my oily face and lasts all day. Matte with depth so it doesn't look flat. Comes in a mirrored compact for $28. Beautiful bronzer!

on 2/9/2009 10:02:00 PM

This really delivers a realistic tan on my NC30 face. No orange, no shimmer, just a brown dusting of color. I apply very lightly (I'm liking BE's Featherlite brush for this) because this is very pigmented; a heavy hand will make you look muddy. But applied lightly and blended well, it gives an authentic beach girl glow that is rare in the world of bronzers. I've never been wild about TF bronzers due to the shimmer in them, so this is a welcome change. If you'd like a little color to your face, but are afraid of looking like George Hamilton, give this a shot.

on 2/10/2009 11:36:00 AM

Love this bronzer. I'll admit that I bought it just for the chocolate scent! It smells like cocoa pebbles to me. Luckily the quality is also great so it wasn't a waste of money. It gives me a natural looking tan color with no orange tones. The texture is really smooth and goes on evenly. I also like the shiny dark brown case. It's like opening a bar of chocolate everytime I use it :) This is my new favorite bronzer and believe me I have tried lots!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this bronzer! I'm a medium color skin with yellow undertones and this gives me the most natural color, doesn't turn muddy. Just a realistic tanned look. I've used alot of bronzers (most recently NARS Laguna which was decent) but was always looking for something better.This is matte, which I love because I don't want to look like a disco ball. Finely milled powder that glides on. This is very pigmented, so you have to apply with a light hand, and the smell.....OMG smells just like chocolate. Overall, I'm very pleased, and would buy again, but doubt I will have to as this should last for awhile.

on 2/24/2009 1:29:00 AM

This is the bronzer I've been searching for! I've used a bonne belle one for years, and I loved it because it was matte and cheap and worked well for my skin tone. I'm a bronzer gal through and through (I wear it every single day), but there are a few qualities that I'm picky about. I don't like shimmer, and I don't like anything orange or too gold-ish. So, when I saw this, it was love at first sight! I really wanted a matte brown bronzer that didn't look dirty on, and this is IT. It is the perfect brown. It is also very well pigmented but not too much...you don't have to sit there and buff it in forever. I, like most of the other reviewers below, have medium skin with yellow undertones. I feel like this color is custom made for me, but I also feel like it could work for alot of skin tones. Perfection! This bronzer has been bestowed as my HG. Give it a try if you're in the market for a nice matte bronzer. And, as an added bonus, it smells of cocoa! And the packaging is freakin adorable! What a winner.

on 3/8/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this bronzer! I have tried so many bronzers and this one is the best by far. It gives a matte, warm color - no shimmer! Another plus is the chocolate scent which lingers throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After watching Kim Kardashian's makeup video on youtube, I decided I needed a matte bronzer. I went to buy the smashbox one her makeup artist used and i was disappointed because it was sooo orange!! I ended up talking to the MA and he said to give this a try. Now im pretty much powder right now so I was like nooo wayyy, that is way too dark! However, I use the big Kevyn Aucoin powder brush with it and OMG HOLYYY GRAIL!!!! I adore this sooo much, it looks so even and natural and no nasty sparkles!! Everyone should give this is a try if they want a natural looking tan!

on 3/30/2009 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love bronzer so yeah, i bought this out of impulse lol. The packaging is so cute..i just had to have it for my collection. Ok..on to the product. Well i had hopes for this bronzer but it isn't all that against my skintone. I mean..it works but it's not up there with my Tarte or Nars Bronzer at all. I would use this if it were the only thing i had but it leaves me looking a little idk..dull..grayish..um dirty. Im NC-43---C40 w/ yellow undertones so saying that i wouldn't recommend this to any lady with that same skintone. It doesn't even work well for me as an eyeshadow. For a matte bronzer i would recommend Benefit Hoola. But dam* this stuff smells so nice. I use it just for the smell but never out to school or work, anything like that. The coloring is so ....weird.

on 4/20/2009 5:29:00 AM

Finally found a bronzer that works on my pinkish skin, no orange. So natural looking, plenty of pigment and finely milled, and that wonderful cocoa butter smell; I'm sure it has some antioxidant properties as chocolate does, so feel I'm doing good for my skin. I use it sort of as a shader as well as bronzer, works well.

on 4/20/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It gives a deep tan but is sheer so you can apply a little or a lot depending on the brush and technique. Smells like cocoa powder and the compact is adorable. Looks natural on my medium skin tone. Looking forward to trying the other TF bronzers.