Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.6

Let's just start by saying if it was dark and I was in the kitchen with a spoon I might just mistake this for a chocolate powder drink.

I am very fair skin MAC NC10 and have always had problems finding bronzer cool toned enough for my face.

Now whilst this is my go to bronzer to frame my face and it is milled finely enough that I do not end up looking like mud, I do find there is still not enough deepness of shade to contour out my cheeks, forehead and nose.

So I find myself still having to use both Chocolate Bronzers mixed together to get the perfect tone. It has the perfect coolness, just the right amount of grey with no yellow or orange and I have never found another bronzer to match it, I just wish they would come out with another bronzer in between the two.

Love it...the smell, the color is beautiful without an orang-y hue. If I broke it, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat!

on 7/22/2016 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been working on a sample size of this for quite some time and I have a backup, so that makes me happy. It's great matte bronzer for my NW20 skin. It applies smoothly and lasts all day. I have it in medium/deep.

I have used the other two chocolate bronzers and this is by far the BEST. It is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I am medium skin tone with blondish hair. I love the Too Faced collections, and had a bronzer wardrobe. I still have some left, and use both chocolate ones often. When I saw this, I had to have it. It goes on a bit dark, so you do have to blend well. I put mine on with a Sephora professional bronzer brush and then at the end after putting all my make up on. I use the Smashbox Telephoto brush to blend. I am also addicted to the chocolate smell!

on 11/2/2015 5:43:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this via Sephora 100 point perk. Medium deep is the shade, but I believe it's also just called the Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. I really liked the sample a lot--it seemed like a good, believable bronzer for my NW15 skin, but I had trouble getting my brush to fit into the sample, so I bought the full size. Maybe I'm crazy, but the full size seems different to me. There's a lot of fallout, making it messy. It also pools in scars, which looks bizarre (and terrible). And the color is warmer and more orangey, so it's less believable. At $30, I'm not inclined to keep it.

on 10/2/2015 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Light to medium skin, neutral to warm, NW25/NC25, combination, sensitive skin

I've tried many bronzers that look pink, orange,red, or shimmery on my skin. I prefer matte bronzers. I decided to try Chocolate Soleil and was hooked. It gives me a natural healthy bronze look, and isn't orange, red, or pink on my skin.

I apply it in a 3 shape ( temple, cheek, jaw) with a Quo bronzing brush.

I bought the travel size when Sephora sold them. When I'm done I'm buying the full size. A definite repurchase.

on 7/5/2015 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After searching for many years, I have found my HG of bronzers.
I have LLL/MMM yellow undertoned skin (ie. Nc20-25 in Mac terms) and tried both this and the Milk Chocolate shades. This regular Chocolate was better as it showed up on me in just the right way without having to layer it on.
The color is a simple brown with no orange or red or shimmer.
So I use it in the classic "3" with a fluffy brush. It is great as both contour and bronzer as it is neither too golden nor too cool.
Best $30 I ever spent at Sephora!

on 4/13/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is matte and doesn't go too orange on me like most bronzers do. I use it for daily, light contouring/bronzing, nothing too heavy. On special occasions and nights out, I use my Anastasia contour palette. This was actually a deluxe sample size from Sephora but it lasted me over a year. I personally didn't notice a strong chocolate smell until late in the hitting pan stage, unlike the YouTube beauty gurus all gush about, but it was very nice when it happened.

on 2/8/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is luciously good! Smells wonderful and it's the only bronzer that shows on my olive skin. No orange weird look and very blendable. I use it to shade also. I'm very pleased with it and will purchase it again. Also a bonus that it does not get patchy after long wear. I have dry skin and tan easily.

this is a great bronzer for contouring and all around glow but dont use a heavy hand. Ilove the smell of chocolate ,all it takes is just a little but great product!