Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.8

on 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

This is a matte bronzer that doesn't show orangey on my skin, which is a plus! It is very easy to blend in, and it's not easy to overdo it, so you really don't need to be a makeup pro to make this bronzer look decent on your face.

I use it mostly to contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. If I want a more dramatic look, I will use a Nars multiple (in the shade St Barts) under it, to really accentuate the contouring and ensure a super long lasting application.

I also love the fact that it comes in a mini sized container and also in some palettes, which makes it easy to travel with it.

Finally, this has a great chocolate scent, which is a nice perk when applying it. However, the scent doesn't linger after application (at least, not that I notice).

I really like this bronzer (it has been staple in my MU routine for months now) and I will repurchase it if I ever run out of it.

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

on 6/10/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just need to say it aloud: "I miss Aqua Bunny Bronzer from Too Faced!!"

Okay, got that out. Because I loved Aqua Bunny so much I decided to try the Chocolate Soleil. I was looking for more of a matte bronzer and this fit the bill. It has a nice (minimal) cocoa powder scent. It's sweet without being disturbingly sweet.

I find that the coverage is buildable and I appreciate that as I'm a olive-skinned girl who, despite wearing SPF daily like it's my job, gets tan in the sun. Another thing I noticed is that it's not chalky like some bronzers.

I would say the best thing (which is probably a weirdo thing to say) is that it doesn't make me look 'dirty'. A few other department store matte bronzers make me feel like Pig Pen. For instance, Benefit Hoola made me look like I was heading to a callback for Les Mis, auditioning for the part of a street urchin.

Nonetheless, this is not orange, but I detect something in the bronzy color that makes it more 'I just spent a day at the beach' versus 'I just did some major dumpster diving.'

on 12/30/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perfect bronzer for contouring or a touch of color without sparkle. It is very soft & matte, no shimmer. It you want the dewy look, this is not the bronzer to use. The scent is scrumptious! Actually smells like chocolate. Will buy again.

on 11/16/2013 2:25:00 AM

I've been obsessed with bronzers this past 6 months and have tried 6-7, and the Chocolate Soleil is my favorite. I'm an NC20-25, do not really have a lot of experience contouring and do not have the best tools/techniques, but this bronzer looks really good on my skin and makes my face look slimmer (especially in photos!!!) and contoured. I was worried it might be too dark for my fair skintone and was instructed by the awesome Sephora dude to just "prick" the tip of my brush into the powder to avoid getting too much (which is a great tip whenever you might be trying to avoid applying too much of any makeup), but I haven't had to use this technique for this product because it has not been too dark. It goes on smoothly and easily blends to look natural. I really love it.

My makeup products do not have to have any smells, even that of delicious cocoa, but I certainly won't demand that Too Faced remove this fragrance from the product.

on 6/21/2013 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a review for the smaller size, $15 item available at Sephora. I wanted to try this bronzer after seeing the rave reviews, and hearing it smelled of chocolate? Sold!
This is a really small compact, about the size of an eye color. It comes with a small kabuki brush which is very soft considering the tiny size. I am a NC 25 in MAC speak, freckled complexion. It looks natural on me and I do like the matte finish. The smell is really delightful, light and not overpowering at all. I would more than likely purchase the full size; I find it applies easier than my Guerlain compact which I paid considerably more for. The best way to apply is with a fluffy brush, tracing a backwards 3 on either side of your face after tapping any excess product from the brush. Blending well will ensure it doesn't look muddy, as some are wont to do. The pigmentation is great, so one pass on either side of the face should be enough.

My favourite makeup product! Smells so yummy! I was searching for a good bronzer, with no orange tone, and I had to decide between Hoola by Benefit and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (after reading reviews). I went to Sephora and compared them and fall in love with Chocolate Soleil! The colour is warm and rich, it smells amazing and the package is very nice, on the mirror being written "Why be pretty when you can be gorgeous?" How cute is this? Wonderful way to start my day!
I wrote a review on my blog:

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This product does what it is supposed to do very well. It smells a little like chocolate. I love the way it smells! although it looks very dark in the pan, it doesn't translate as dark on the skin. This is a soft, easy to blend bronzer that won't leave you looking like a loompa loompa :) There is no shimmer to this bronzer. It is not cheap (Too Faced products are not cheap), it is a ME (medium end) if that makes sense. I use it mostly in the winter time. It is one of my favorites and I'll use it til it is GONE!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been through almost 2 compacts of this product! Too Faced Sun Bunny and Choc Soleil are the only items I have EVER hit pan on! This is my go to every day bronzer for my NC35 skin. It adds a bit of bronze and can be layered for more color. It never looks cakey or muddy and it is perfect for the daytime since there is no shimmer. I will continue to purchase this one, as it is perfect for every day and a great color for all seasons. It does look very dark in the pan, but give it a try on your skin first. If scents bother you, this might not be the best due to the chocolate scent, but it does disappear quickly.

on 3/4/2011 11:14:00 AM

I've tried d/s and h/e ones and this is the only that I've used everyday since purchasing it. LIke many have said, it's builable and no orangey look. It's wonderful as a contour and I love it as an eyeshadow on the crease - just lovely! The smell is delicious and does a great job of hiding many of my flaws. I also use it to top my blush to tame it down and it give me that natural "flush" look. It a definite must have in my mu bag.