Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

This is a matte bronzer that doesn't show orangey on my skin, which is a plus! It is very easy to blend in, and it's not easy to overdo it, so you really don't need to be a makeup pro to make this bronzer look decent on your face.

I use it mostly to contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. If I want a more dramatic look, I will use a Nars multiple (in the shade St Barts) under it, to really accentuate the contouring and ensure a super long lasting application.

I also love the fact that it comes in a mini sized container and also in some palettes, which makes it easy to travel with it.

Finally, this has a great chocolate scent, which is a nice perk when applying it. However, the scent doesn't linger after application (at least, not that I notice).

I really like this bronzer (it has been staple in my MU routine for months now) and I will repurchase it if I ever run out of it.

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new Holy Grail for a Matte powder contour. Holy Moly that's all I can say. I use the Dark Chocolate bronzer and it smells delicious but it is the best I have used to date. I'm all about bargaining and I have to say E.L.F has a matte bronzer that could potentially be a dupe but the powder on the Too Faced Dark Chocolate bronzer is so much more finely milled and glides on so nicely given that perfect chiseled Adele contour. I use the Younique Beachfront bronzer on top if I want a shimmer but I'm in love with this bronzer. I have already ordered one for my daughter and will definitely purchase again. Way to go Too Faced. The original Chocolate Solei wasn't quite dark enough for my tan Hispanic skin tones even though I fall on the lighter side it just wasn't deep enough. Problem solved with Dark Chocolate. Definitely worth the price.

on 11/23/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently purchased this bronzer in the dark chocolate shade and love it. The perfect shade of tan. This is matte but is not drying. Does not make you look orange or muddy. Cute packaging and the price is reasonable. Blends nicely and highly pigmented so you will not need a lot on your brush.

on 7/19/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on VERY patchy on me, I really have to blend like crazy, or it looks spottie.
not worth all the hype IMO, I going to try LM or Laura Geller

on 5/12/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

meh, i am NC42 yellow undertones and this left my face looking kinda dirty imo. i tried it on my cheeks-can't see anything. i tried to contour, looked dirty. it smells wonderfully chocolatey and goes on smooth but does not work for me. it looks great on the eyelids though! lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 7/12/16: I got another one of these from a Sephora bronze product set & I had forgotten how much I loved it! Also have it in the little black wardrobe of bronzers book set. I would repurchase this as a single when I run out! Smells yummy. I like NARS Laguna too. Dunno which I'd buy when I run out -in reality I'm on low buy- but this has edged out hoola for my top spot for bronzer too. It is just the perf shade not too dark not too reddish but tbh NYX blush in Taupe is "kind of" similar colored if ur looking for a dupe. It's just less fun to use coz of the highly coveted chocolate aroma lol I'm hoping my delux sample lasts awhile is all! I've got a delux Laguna/O too. MAC makes a nice matte bronzer which id what I'll use up after this & Laguna are used up. MAC is darker thou this really is the shade of chocolate & I apply it w an ELF contour brush to contour. Ev1 needs this!!
---
Original review: lurrrrrvvveee this bronzer! I bought the "Sex & Chocolate" set from Sephora; great way to spend $15 bucks! This is not orange at all nor a shimmery glitter bomb. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting for USD$15 (not a lot obvs!), but this is gr8. I got the bronzer & Better Than Sex mascara both mini's but u still get a lot of product although I have a feeling I will be using this a lot. This bronzer smells so yummy! (FWIW the mascara is also a good product). This doesn't make me shiny (I am the oiliest of the oilies ever), it is gr8 for contour OR bronzer purposes to give ur face some warmth & glow w/o a whole bunch of glitter which imo glitter can look kinda a hot mess on ppl who tend to get shiny/greasy/need-to-blot-constantly like myself. I am so happy I bought this, plus I am VIB Rouge for 2016 now!! I don't know how much a full sized TF bronzer retails for (not cheap!), but this is so much better than my old NYC Sunny. After I finish this i will need to decide Benefit Hoola vs. this but atm I am one very happy customer. I thought the packaging was a little lacking (it's in flimsy cardboard not a plastic compact), but what it lacks in packaging glitz is made up for by the quality of the product inside 4 sure. Like I said I wasn't sure what to expect for such a bargain! I don't have a lot of TF makeup I've only ever had the mascara but now my interest is piqued in getting one or both of the chocolate bars finances ever permitting but idk which 1 lol so hence why I need both. I already have Benefit Hoola in a blusher palette (xmas set promo), i think I need a full size of this lol ("money ain't gonna spend itself"), the wonderful aroma alone is reason enough to buy this over Hoola! I'm a TF convert :) :) :)

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Very natural looking matt bronzer, my boyfriend loves the smell of chocolate on my cheeks when he kissed me.

I would definitely buy again as it is quite hard to find a matt one among the sea of shimmery bronzers.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is my favorite. Smells amazing and has a nice matte finish. I'll buy this forever.

Popular Bronzers