Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 7/27/2016 11:19:00 AM

I didn't like the Milk Chocolate Soleil, but Chocolate Soleil is saving my ass this summer. I'm Mediterranean with olive skin and tan easily, no matter how hard I try not to. Of course, my precious facial skin is way more protected than my body, and this bronzer is the perfect shade, opacity, texture, and level of shimmer (i.e. it is totally MATTE) to disguise the shade discrepancy between my face and body.

I apply to most of my face with a big fluffy brush to diffuse the pigment. It honestly looks pretty natural, doesn't turn orange or oxidize, blends nicely, lasts the whole day and as a bonus, can mattify whatever nonsense I have on underneath. This hasn't broken me out at all. The packaging and scent are to die for, though sometimes the fragrance catches me off guard lol. It costs $30 which is pricey but not insane, and you do get a lot of product.

I do normally prefer a tiny bit of shimmer in bronzers to add a sunny glow, but that would be overkill with the way I'm using Choc Soleil. I can always add dimension with blush and highlighter over it (and I do). This is a good, workhorse product without a lot of 'wow' factor (for me at least, I totally bought it begrudgingly haha) that I get a ton of use from. Definitely recommend.

on 6/25/2016 10:18:00 PM

OK so the smell isn't as good as the pallet was did any one notice that the smell isn't the same as the chocolate pallet I was hoping for but it is a good bronzer to contour ! Yes Def would buy again but the smell isn't the best for me personally

on 4/8/2016 6:00:00 PM

This bronzer is a recent addition to my make-up routine and I love it. It originally came about when I wanted to try the whole "contouring" thing but already had a shimmer highlighter, matte white eyeshadow (which I use as highlighter), and pink leopard bronzing blush which I use everyday. So virtually no need for the cocoa contour palette when it came out.

I started using this in "chocolate sole: medium/deep" to contour and it is the perfect color to subtly sculpt my fair/light complexion. It's awesome. This is a new part of my daily routine.

on 9/15/2015 10:37:00 AM

Best bronzer I've used!♡!♡
How I use this is when I apply foundation it washes out the color on my face...so I add blush, which looks like two stripes on my cheekbones...so I add this below the blush, not a true sharp contour, but adding a soft shadow below where I apply my blush. Then I blend the living heck out of it. And suddenly my face looks natural, and just so healthy. Excellent formula. And it really doesn't hurt that it smells like chocolate yummmmm!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I cannot believe how pale this product is. Looks like latte milk chocolate to me. The picture on the box as well as the pics online do not match this shade in real life. It smells nice, is buttery, but there is no way I can use this shade.

For reference I am 173 Amber in ultra HD makeup forever.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

So far the best bronzer I've used. Easy to blend, looks very natural, doesn't looks orange, very good for contouring and it smells delicious!!

I love the packaging too, very girly!!!

on 12/14/2014 3:39:00 PM

Love the matte, just-back-from-vacation bronze this gives me!

on 11/14/2014 9:18:00 PM

My sister recommended this bronzer to me and I love it. It's matte and has no shimmer whatsoever so it's really good for oily/combo skin. I like to use it on days when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup. It also has a chocolate scent to it. I like it alone just for the compact. It's huge and oversized, great for doing eye makeup. This is a great product and I highly recommended it !

on 11/14/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The formula is good, but the color didnt do much for me- I am NC25 (Light-medium tan with yellow undertones) and at first it seemed decent but then I noticed it wasn't really showing up or adding a glow or anything. Back to my Nars Laguna bronzer! Smells really nice though, and if you have lighter skin it may work better for you.

Got this as a sample, and it was pretty dark. I was a tad bit scared, but I ended up liking it.

For starters, I found it easy to blend. It didn't feel dusty, nor did it cake. Plus, I found the smell to be pleasant. A little goes a long, long way, so I'm sure I won't have to purchase a full size package for a while.

It's definitely worth buying. :)