Parfums De Nicolai Juste Un Reve

No Image

4.4

on 10/17/2013 1:41:00 PM

Been sampling this one for a couple days - I am in love! Such a beautiful opening - bright and not too sweet or too floral. Drydown is soft and sweet but with an edge - thought it was kind of like leather but I think it's the sandalwood.

This is a love child of Lolita Lempicka and Annick Goutal Songes. It opens with a blast of Parfums De Nicolai's signature hyacinth, slightly spicy, soon turns into a mellow, creamy blend of honey, coconut milk, jasmine and rose, very gourmand-like yet with a floral heart. The heart note is jasmine, lush but non-indolic jasmine.

I love the name as well, Juste Un Reve, Just a Dream, so lovely. It's indeed like a dream for me.

on 11/23/2010 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Smooth, thick, gently-fruited lush florals. Creamy floral with that touch of fruit juice, but not sparkly like todays' frutiyfloral girly scents. Very elegant and grown up. Black tie certainly. Dry down has an almost aldehydic feel, but very understated, and the sandalwood is a mere note that supports and enlarges the whole. Very very pretty

on 5/20/2008 11:47:00 AM

Thanks to Juste un Reve, I've discovered Parfums de Nicolai! Can't wait to try other PdN scents. I see that others classify Juste un Reve as a tropical floral, but it doesn't seem like that to me at all - at least not in the same category as many of the gardenia/tuberose/coconut/frangipane, etc., scents out there, such as Ensoleille Moi, Intense Tiare, Chantecaille Frangipane, Frangipane Absolut, Kai, and Monyette Paris. JuR is much more complex, subtle, and powdery than any of those scents. With top notes of apricot and coconut, it doesn't scream HELLO when you put it on. It's soft and fragrant. The middle notes of tuberose and jasmine are also tame, and the base notes of sandalwood and vanilla area so comforting. It's a beautiful, beautiful scent. I tried a sample of it along with samples of the others I listed above. Of them all, Juste un Reve and Monyette Paris are my favorites. Ensoleille Moi is my least favorite, and the others didn't work well for me. Just purchased a 30ml bottle of JuR on beautyhabit.com, and am considering Monyette Paris as well. If you haven't tried a PdN fragrance yet, do it now!!!

on 12/17/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Luckyscent threw this in as a free sample with a FB purchase and i will be buying an FB soon!. Very lovely, somewhat heady, i also pick up this clean/soapy accord....make me feel like im walking on the beach in a freashly washed cotton dress.

on 1/31/2007 9:21:00 AM

I bought the full bottle after I felt in love with my sample. This is simply gorgeous. It is light, classy, sophisticated and smells clean. I see this more of a spring, summer scent. I will buy this again for sure.

on 10/9/2006 4:22:00 PM

I don't get wood, it's not heavy at all. Sweet, fairly light and powdery. It does smell delicious but too sweet for me. I've been looking for a fragrance with tropical floral notes and my favourite so far is Nicolai's Cococabana.

on 6/19/2006 10:57:00 AM

liv24 you're review was in my mind.that says it all.just one thing,i wish that this dream wasn't so sweet on the drydown ...still it's such an exquisite dream

on 12/31/2005 1:43:00 PM

Like almost all other tropical flower fragrances, Juste Un Reve turned into a powdery, dusty, sour, slightly sweet mess on my skin almost immediately upon application. I like the PdN line even though I don't own one bottle from their collection, I think the perfumes are well done, well blended and on par with the best classic perfume houses. But this one just does not work on me. The only tropical flower fragrance I've found that I can wear is Ormonde Jayne's Frangipani Absolute. EDIT: I've given this a try several more times since the initial testing, and although I don't think this is a fragrance I would wear much, when it works on my skin, it works beautifully. JuR is a soft yet rich white floral with amber and tonka overtones, making it a beautiful summertime fragrance. It's truly gorgeous.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I, like several other reviewers here, ordered this fragrance unsniffed and based purely upon the rave reviews here. And to be honest, I was a little disappointed at first – I was expecting lush, tropical flowers, not a lush cloud of floral powder. Once it starts to dry down however, I begin to see what everyone else has described – a rich, creamy, soft floral that manages to be light and elegant at the same time. I think this will be a wonderful fragrance to wear all year round.

Popular Fragrances