Pacifica Mediterranean Fig

organic cocos nucifera wax (coconut wax), organic glycine soja wax (soy wax), parfum (Pacifica’s own perfume blend with natural and essential oils), prunus armeniaca wax (apricot wax), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut source). No parabens, animal testing, animal ingredients or artificial colors. 100% VEGAN and Gluten-free.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been trying to find a fine fragrance dupe to match the woodsy fig cedar-esque loveliness that is WEN by Chaz Dean's new Mandarin Italian Fig Cleansing Conditioner. While these two are very, very different scents, the WEN being a much darker, mor sumptuous, more foresty scent than this, this is is still lovely. in my trial runs of trying to find the perfect fig to match the WEN, it came down to the following fig-based fragrances to test: this, the classic Diptyque Philosykos, and Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis. Being a bit intimidated by the Diptyque price tag for a blind buy when I KNEW I was trying to match something, (I don't have a Diptique counter anywhere close to me, even remotely) and not being a big fan of the red berry notes that are a smaller part of the said Jo Malone, I decided to give this one by Pacifica the first go and continue from there.

This is a very fresh and zingy fig with a lot of leafy green goodness but very creamy and woodsy on the drydown. This lasts really a long time a least on my skin, and instantly makes me feel happy. How I feel about this is that while I am still on a hunt for another Fig smell that smells like the new WEN fig scent, this could be a VERY good Spring/Summer scent for me, although I wear Fall/Winter/nighttime perfumes in any time and in any season because they are just what I like most often, but for those balmy nights when one just wants to feel fresh and yet sensuous and comforted at the same time, this is very good indeed. And I love it, even if it didn't match what I was looking for exactly initially, though it is ANOTHER good fig fragrance with some woods on the drydown, just a sandalwood as opposed to what seems like mostly cedar MIXED with sandalwood in the WEN and an overall greener interpretation of fig rather than a rich-smelling on if that makes sense. I love this, and though I will continue exploring more fig scents, and maybe will even if WEN comes out with a Mandarin Fig body fragrance (as it has been rumored that they might be soon), just because I love the note, this will be still loved and considered beautiful by me.

I am also very impressed with both the quality and complexity of Pacifica scents based on this first and only one I've tried, thus far. Next on my list to try from them are Persian Rose (if it smells anything akin to Jo Malone's Velvet Rose & Oud- with its own roses and woods and spices combination, mainly with myrrth, I think, I will more than appreciate it both for its similarities and inevitable differences to the said Jo Malone) . and Spanish Amber and maybe their standalone Sandalwood scent too. I LOVE fragrances. I have a problem, it;s true! :) but for a perfume full on Eau de toilette that lasts long and has good throw that costs $22 USD that's a find in my book where the cheapest and smallest bottles of some even mainstream fragrances (though fine brands) go for $40-$50 oftentimes at minimum in stores I have in my area, so yeah...

I would repurchase Pacifica's Mediterranean Fig if I have need and can get it again. And recommend it to all of you to try and hopefully enjoy! :)

A bit too sweet, but it's pleasant, likeable and straightforward. Whole foods carries the Pacifica line, so it's very convenient. I bought it to layer with other things and then forgot about it for a while.

With pacifica, I prefer the rollerball format to the spray (I have the spray in this particular flavor) I dislike sillage and it's a strong scent.

I don't recommend the lemon (artificial, though my skin chemistry does have issues with rendering citrus too candied or plastic) or the blood orange flavor (too sweet, but would be good to gift to someone who like modern sweet scents.

Sometimes I layer this with a dab of Lalique Encre noire, a dark unsweetened vetiver tinged with citrus to tone down the sweetness and add some depth. I have also layered. Pacifica fig with Voleur de roses.

A pleasant change from my usual vintage and/or niche fragrances.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the roll-on version of this fragrance and I like the smell very much, BUT it last only for about half an hour and then it is gone, such a shame! I don't know if the spray fragrance has more staying power, but I am afraid to try.

I have the spray fragrance and I think it's too powdery. It has good staying power but I don't smell the fig just powder. I will use it up maybe mixed with another fragrance, but will not buy again.

I know scent is person to person. I hear great things but to me, this scent is too musty and woodsy. hopefully I'll like it better in the fall.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

On the box of my Mediterranean Fig roller-ball perfume (purchased at Whole Foods), it says "Fig, Sandalwood, and Oakmoss notes". And on Fragrantica.com, it says, "The fragrance features fig, palm leaf, cyclamen, moss, clove, and sandalwood."

Such a light earthy & sensual scent -- reminds me of early evening in September, October, or November. Quiet and serene, melting deliciously into skin. I picture leaves on the ground, wearing tan suede & plaids.

Mediterranean Fig is taking me on a way-back journey. This scent has a soft sensuality I cannot even describe. It's Earthy & Woody & Oakmossy -- yet it's light, rather skin-scenty -- and I don't even really smell the fig in the drydown, quite frankly -- only at first application, and then the fig mostly just serves to sweeten the earthy notes a bit.

Does anybody remember Coty Sweet Earth solid fragrances? I think they had a 3-pack of Woody scents. For some reason, this Mediterranean Fig scent is taking me back to the 70's, to a scent I wore then, something simple & inexpensive -- a light Earthy-Woody scent. I'm not sure if it's the Coty Sweet Earth or something similar.

I know! -- Gap Om -- I think that's it! I loved Gap Om -- it was a soft sandalwood & myrrh type of thing -- and they discontinued it. I think that may be what this reminds me of.

Anyway, Mediterranean Fig roller-ball is a simple, light, clean, earthy scent. I'm really enjoying it -- but it has nothing to do with the Mediterranean (except maybe that palm leaf note) -- and quite frankly, not much with Fig either. To me, this is mostly about the Sandalwood & Oakmoss -- and it's taking me back to a quiet overcast autumn day in my native Michigan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing fragrance and surprising depth for a Pacifica fragrance. It isn't as linear as some of their other scents and actually has some quite nice development. Opens as very green, leafy and fresh. Quickly moves to a green, creamy coconut before drying down to a mellow, warm fig. Lasts a long time on me, especially in my cleavage.

I particularly like this line because it's phthalate, paraben and petrol-chemical free. Makes me feel confident wearing around my young son.

I know, I'm in the minority here, but I tested this on me the other day, and just boldly sprayed it on me. OMG...I reeked. It was way too green of a scent for me the first hour. It finally settled down, but it still wasn't the kind of fig scent that I would like. Maybe as a shower gel kind of scent, but definitely not a perfume. If others enjoy this good, but I didn't. Oh well...

One of my many many Pacifica products and a surprising favorite. Its very green mossy woody smelling with a fresh fig note to keep it light. Seems to last longer and throw its scent much more than other Pacifica scents tend to. Also smells a bit more 'perfumey', but in a natural, non-headachy way. I really like it and so does my family. Great scent, great product, great company!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like the smell. Earthy and fresh and green. I have the solid perfume and the spray. The spray doesn't really seem to last much longer than the perfume on. Its only about the strength of a body spray so I apply a lot and go through it too fast. Will repurchase the solid scent though. I think it smells a bit better anyway.

Popular Fragrances