no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

This is an old faithful for me. It's always reasonable, always works well, easy to clean, not painful and simple. I'm allergic to wax and this is the only adhesive hair remover I can use. I did my arms today in less than 5 minutes and it washed off so easily. Love it!

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

After trying various different brands of waxing and shaving techniques by other companies and hating the results, Parissa's Chamomile Body Sugar became my ABSOLUTE go-to waxing product for waxing anywhere on my body AND face (yes, you read that correctly - even my face). Not only is this product reasonably-priced, it's a complete kit that comes with everything you need to wax yourself at home AND it works wonderfully WITH VERY MINIMAL PAIN. First of all, this product is extremely easy to use with no mess. The wax comes in a little container in which you just pop it into the microwave for about 10-20 seconds to warm it up (no need to scoop it out into a bowl to heat up separately), but it does heat up relatively fast so don't microwave it for too long (I usually have to let mine cool off a bit before using). They also provide two wooden sticks in your box - one long one, one shorter one - for you to choose to use depending on where you are waxing (I prefer to use the long stick for my body and the shorter one for my face). Once the wax is warmed up, it stirs easily without any trouble so I just dip my stick into the mini pot and take out a scoop and work with it by spreading it largely on an area of a body part that contains hair. The great thing about doing this is that I can control the amount of wax I want to use and spread the layer as thin or thick as I want. Then I take one of the 'paper strips' from the box and cover the area entirely by pressing on it firmly while the wax is still warm. The wax strips are really huge so you can take off A LOT of hair at once. After 30-40 seconds, I rip off the strip and it firmly AND cleanly takes out A LOT of hair ON THE FIRST TRY (with very minimal pain, too! However, I would like to add that at this point the pain is practically non-existent after using this product for years now). I also don't worry about 'cleaning' right after waxing because the box says that the body sugar is washable so I leave it for now. So then after I'm done waxing the hairy bits of my body, I work on my face by waxing hair off there as well. I can even use this on my upper lip (and other parts of my face, too) and, while it may turn red the first few times (I think that's normal for waxing?), it doesn't cause irritation or rip off the skin at all - it only takes the hair. The box also comes with a blue tube called Azulene Oil and I just dab a bit of that on my face to 'smooth' the effect just to further prevent potential 'burns' from waxing my upper lip (and other sensitive areas of your face). Finally, I take a shower just to rinse off any remaining body sugar still left on my body and face and I'm done. Would highly recommend for the easy, effective, and relatively 'painless' removal of hair through waxing with body sugar.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I'm pretty much a noobie when it comes to waxing but this wax is incredibly easy to use. I used this in my bikini area (Medium density); it got all my hairs even the fine ones. This is my third time attempting to wax, it's good for sensitive skin as it barely even hurt at all for me. Pros: Cleans off very easily with warm water Not messy Gets all the hairs Easy to use Cons: Heats up incredibly fast it may feel warm to the touch but it gets so scolding hot in such little time. Be careful. I also love the azulene oil it comes with, it's amazing. For such a low price this is an amazing buy.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Well, like the review luminous gave, I too have hair on my body that could withstand a nuclear disaster. Lol...seriously, this product is OK. I have been both waxed and sugared and now with two young children, have no time to go and have someone else rip the hair off my body. I've done sugaring before with a home kit (8 years ago) and tried a bikini wax and ended up looking battered and bruised, but a bit less hairy. I bought this at Shopper's Drugmart and tried again. I didn't even heat the sugar up, I applied it thinly to my skin, held my breath and yanked away. The fine hair was easy but the coarse shorter hairs were stubborn, while I had some broken hairs and not every single hair had been removed, it was not terrible at hair removal. I used the blue oil that comes with the kit and it seemed to help soothe my bumps and redness, which cleared up in 2 days. Easy clean up and removal. I recommend if you are a hair removal whiz and hair is not super thick or coarse. Wish it came with more of the blue after-care oil. There is a lot of sugar product, I think it will last me a while as I will continue to practice my technique!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

5 years ago

I really do like this hair removal product. I use it every two weeks on my legs. It is trial and error to get the hang of it. The product has to be heated at the right temp until it is the thicknes of honey. Easy to remove. I got so tired of peeling wax off everything that I switched to this product. It does not get every hair, but I am ok with that. I usually exfoliate before hair removal and then shave to remove any hair that the Parissa missed. It works for me with minimal fuss and irritation.

About reviewer (3077 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

1.0

6 years ago

Parissa does make good waxes - this is not one of them. First, even 40 seconds in the microwave makes it so hot you have to wait ten mins for it to cool. Then, it doesn't grab hairs. Fine ones, short ones, thick ones, thin ones - none. The only good thing is that is washes well and dissolves with water. You only had one job!!! The other waxes are good but this body sugar chamomile BS is awful. Skip.

About reviewer (453 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

7 years ago

After reading so many glowing reviews, I wanted so badly to love this. Unfortunately, the only things i loved about it were that it smelled delicious and it was incredibly easy to clean. It simply did not do the job very well. I'm fairly hairy, though I've seen hairier. I have various kinds of hair: coarse, medium, fine; hair that removes easily, hair that removes with moderate effort, and -- the bane of my existence -- hair that (as another reviewer put it) could survive a nuclear disaster. This product seemed to do well with the easy hair, so-so with the moderate hair, and terribly with the stubborn hair. I experimented during two 1.5 hour-long sessions, b/c I wanted to take my time. Day 1 I used the microwave and focused on lower legs. Day 2 I used a wax warmer and focused on upper legs. Day 1 left me with 80% broken-off hairs, rather than pulled out at the root. Day 2 i noticed I was going over the same spots (fine/medium stubborn hair) 2 or 3 times with nothing coming off at all. If I had to guess, I don't think the issues came down to user error. I have read tons of reviews/tips, and this is not my first time waxing. I tried it a few years ago. At the time I never did find an amazing wax that left me completely smooth. Maybe that doesn't exist? (If you have a rec of something good, I would *love* it if you could PM me!) In any case, this might work for you if you have easy/moderately easy-to-remove hair. I wish this had worked for me, b/c it takes almost no effort at all to clean it. Just warm water.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I have been using this for years now and this is by far the best hair removal product I have tried. My skin is pretty sensitive with thick, coarse hair. I put talcum powder over my skin before waxing it so it REALLY sticks to the hair, not the skin and minimize the pain a bit. Even if you dont use talcum powder, this will get all your hair out. You can have a painkiller 30 mins before you are going to wax or shave the hair days before you are going to wax so it is not as long to minimize the pain. Your skin even gets used to it and it hurts less. If you can endure the pain, trust me, the results last you for at least a month. Your hair wont be as spiky, no stubbles, itchy skin. Your skin will be smooth for weeks. I don't even have to use the oil that comes with it! It does not irritate my skin at all. And the best part - why i rate this body sugar better than waxes - it is so easy to clean up. The wax, literally stick to everything but this body sugar can be cleaned up with a damp cloth and if you have got it on your skin, you can wash it off. It is, however, more time consuming than shaving and depilatory creams.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

1.0

9 years ago

I was incredibly disappointed and will have to go back to wax. I have thick, coarse hair; I've had success with strip/stripless waxes in the past and this just didn't work for me at all.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

9 years ago

This product sat in my closet for over a year until I had the courage to use it on my face. Well, after trying it on my upper lip, I can't say what I was so scared about. It's very easy to use. It hurt less than salon waxes I've had, and gave no irritation. It rinsed off easily with warm water, and you can reuse the applicator and linen strips after cleaning them. The jar should last me years. I put honey on afterward to soothe the skin just in case.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure