Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 84% Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Carbomer, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

It is so difficult to find a glycerin based cream that has this much aloe (pretty much everything else is gel based or does not have enough aloe in it.)

I would love this cream, but there is a major flaw: fragrance is added! it's very strong smelling, and they don't disclose what it is (it smells kind of like Nivea, which Ioathe). it gives me a headache. I'm so sad that I can't use this as otherwise, it would be perfect.

if you are not sensitive to the smell, then you might like this product. I can tolerate very small amounts (such as under my eyes) and it really does soothe. I also dot it on healing wounds, and it seems to help them heal faster. I would love to be able to put this on my entire face, but then the smell gives me such a headache!

that's why I only gave it two lippies. I think that when it comes to natural products, it is a major no-no to add unnecessary perfumes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product when I was in Arizona visiting family. I had just started using my Retin a .05% so my skin was dry flakey & red. It felt like a sunburn really & that is what I hear happens when you first start. Well the problem was that I had moisturizers meant for oily skin. They didn't help anything. On the advice of my aunt I purchased this. I liked that it had almond oil in it. I use this stuff morning & night & it really helps with the dryness & flaking from the Retin a. Thankfully my skin is adjusting well it just is dry now. This stuff works great. I would prefer no scent but its really not that bad. It smells like many other natural products. But remember just because something is natural doesn't mean it is going to work for your skin. I have used all natural stuff that made me break out or have an allergic reaction.
EDIT 5/5/12: still happily using this product with my Retin a.

on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've recently decided to try using more natural products, and this one seems to be a winner. It is thick and creamy, but absorbs well, and it's a good price -- I paid $8 for 4 ozs or 113 grams. On the downside, it comes in a jar.

on 2/21/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Caveat emptor! I bought this because I wanted something neutral, natural and calming. I have NEVER had a reaction like I had with it! About 10 secs after application my face went crimson and was burning. I thought I'd wait and see what happened....the burning subsided but the redness remained. What on earth do they put in this gear?! Normally I use unsuitable face creams on my body instead but I didn't even want to do that. Luckily Whole Foods let me return it without any fuss whatsoever. Sometimes I really have to concede that the big cosmetic houses have a wealth of research behind them and these "natural" companies are a law unto themselves.

on 1/4/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Jason describes this as a "rich, yet light emulsion" and that is exactly right. It is a white cream with a light fresh scent in a 4 oz. plastic jar.
Usage directions are to "Apply morning and night all over face and body to deliver ultra-comforting hydration". I use it on my face at night and on sensitive or irritated skin anywhere on the body.
It is very soothing and DH also uses it on his face after shaving. I picked it up at Walgreen's on clearance and hope to find it elsewhere when it is time to repurchase.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Aqua (purified water), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, vegetable glycerin, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) Extract*, anthemus nobilis (chamomile) extract*, calendula officinalis (marigold) extract*, camellia sinesis (green tea) leaf extract, prunus amigdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, caprylic/capric tryglyceride, tocopheryl acetate (vit. E), retinyl palmitate (vit. A), ascorbic acid (vit. C), potassium cetyl phosphate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, carbomer, sorbic acid, potassium hydroxide, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, methyldihydrojasmonate, natural color, fragrance oil blend.