Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 84% Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Carbomer, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/26/2013 6:14:00 PM

The only reason I bought this product was because I purchased the Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner from the same brand and thought I'd give this cream a go as well. My skin is super sensitive, irritated and occasionally breaks out from stress. I knew all the soothing and healing benefits of aloe so I was really excited.

The added fragrance in the ingredients made me a little hesitant but I have honestly tried so many different creams I didn't really care anymore. The packaging is horrible (I say that about anything that comes in a jar for hygienic reasons) but it was very affordable (Around 8$) so I figured it was worth a shot. I bought this along with the Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Cleanser so I ended up trying them both for the first time.

After putting the cream on my face after cleansing my face got extremely RED and it was BURNING like MADNESS. (especially my forehead) I literally had to fan my entire face like some exasperated woman from the 18th century. I thought about washing my face again to get it off but then I thought - Maybe it was this new cleanser and NOT this Aloe cream? The burning and redness went away after a few minutes but Man! I don't want to have to go through that every night and it shouldn't be that way if a product is supposed to "Soothe". I did the same thing the next day and the same burning sensation happened. I convinced myself it was the cleanser instead but I had to be sure so the next day I washed my face again with Ole and used my Ultra Gentle Shea moisturizer from L'Occitane and... NOTHING! The burning was gone and my face felt soothed and fresh. So... if you TRULY have sensitive skin... DONT BUY THIS. As a body lotion its fine. It could also be that an ingredient in the cleanser didn't agree with a particular ingredient in this cream.... buttttt I'll leave that possibility alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product when I was in Arizona visiting family. I had just started using my Retin a .05% so my skin was dry flakey & red. It felt like a sunburn really & that is what I hear happens when you first start. Well the problem was that I had moisturizers meant for oily skin. They didn't help anything. On the advice of my aunt I purchased this. I liked that it had almond oil in it. I use this stuff morning & night & it really helps with the dryness & flaking from the Retin a. Thankfully my skin is adjusting well it just is dry now. This stuff works great. I would prefer no scent but its really not that bad. It smells like many other natural products. But remember just because something is natural doesn't mean it is going to work for your skin. I have used all natural stuff that made me break out or have an allergic reaction.
EDIT 5/5/12: still happily using this product with my Retin a.

on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM

I lóve this product! I am using it as a night cream now that my face is very dry after a sun/beach vacation, and on my body to treat rashes I get from allergies. My painful, dry and itchy skin is gone. My face feels great, it sinks in fast and is not greasy at all. The cream has a smooth, whipped-like texture and you only need a tiny bit. It doesn't have a very present smell, but it does smell really mild and nice. My boyfriend has been using it on his face after shaving and loves it too :) Definitely a repurchase, although I expect this jar to last forever!