JASÖN Aloe Vera 84% Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme

No Image

3.1

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Carbomer, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product when I was in Arizona visiting family. I had just started using my Retin a .05% so my skin was dry flakey & red. It felt like a sunburn really & that is what I hear happens when you first start. Well the problem was that I had moisturizers meant for oily skin. They didn't help anything. On the advice of my aunt I purchased this. I liked that it had almond oil in it. I use this stuff morning & night & it really helps with the dryness & flaking from the Retin a. Thankfully my skin is adjusting well it just is dry now. This stuff works great. I would prefer no scent but its really not that bad. It smells like many other natural products. But remember just because something is natural doesn't mean it is going to work for your skin. I have used all natural stuff that made me break out or have an allergic reaction.
EDIT 5/5/12: still happily using this product with my Retin a.

on 5/23/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my HG facial moisturizer! I absolutely LOVE this stuff to the extent that I don't even think about trying another facial moisturizer. I have tried so many drugstore facial moisturizers, but they all have left my skin more oily, dry, more breakouts or peeling/flaking. This product has done none of that!
It leaves a nice dewy type smooth appearance on my skin and sinks in very well on my skin without looking oily or greasy, which I can't stand. I have breakout-prone skin and this didn't cause more breakouts like other moisturizers have. It does actually calm my skin down more as the product claims and is wonderful. I also add a drop of organic aloe vera mixed in with this moisturizer every time I apply for that extra "healing" effect and feeling and it actually feels like it works a ton better. LOVE this stuff and hope they never discontinue this!

on 8/12/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my HG face cream for a couple years. Love love love it! I use it every night. The smell is wonderfully light, fresh and clean. This moisturizes very well. I use it lightly in the summer and thicker in the winter. Not expensive at all, about $7 or $8. The only thing I don't like is the jar. I hate creams in jars. Between this and Olay Regenerist serum, my skin has never looked better!

on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM

I lve this product! I am using it as a night cream now that my face is very dry after a sun/beach vacation, and on my body to treat rashes I get from allergies. My painful, dry and itchy skin is gone. My face feels great, it sinks in fast and is not greasy at all. The cream has a smooth, whipped-like texture and you only need a tiny bit. It doesn't have a very present smell, but it does smell really mild and nice. My boyfriend has been using it on his face after shaving and loves it too :) Definitely a repurchase, although I expect this jar to last forever!

on 1/4/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Jason describes this as a "rich, yet light emulsion" and that is exactly right. It is a white cream with a light fresh scent in a 4 oz. plastic jar.
Usage directions are to "Apply morning and night all over face and body to deliver ultra-comforting hydration". I use it on my face at night and on sensitive or irritated skin anywhere on the body.
It is very soothing and DH also uses it on his face after shaving. I picked it up at Walgreen's on clearance and hope to find it elsewhere when it is time to repurchase.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Aqua (purified water), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, vegetable glycerin, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) Extract*, anthemus nobilis (chamomile) extract*, calendula officinalis (marigold) extract*, camellia sinesis (green tea) leaf extract, prunus amigdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, caprylic/capric tryglyceride, tocopheryl acetate (vit. E), retinyl palmitate (vit. A), ascorbic acid (vit. C), potassium cetyl phosphate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, carbomer, sorbic acid, potassium hydroxide, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, methyldihydrojasmonate, natural color, fragrance oil blend.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am really starting to enjoy using this JASON product. It took a bit of getting used to with the unusual scent, but it does grow on you. I use it in the morning after cleansing and toning and before by sun cream. It is quickly absorbed and my skin feels really hydrated with this cream alone. I also use it to calm my eczema before going to bed at night. At 7 it is really a good buy and a little amount goes a long way.

Also it is organic and only available in specialist health food stores in the UK. I will definitely try some other JASON products now.

Edit: I recently bought a new jar, and the cream is white. This must be a newer version as my last jar had a greeny cream in it and was much better. The older version was far more water based and has a nicer scent. Why Jason?? Why change a good thing?

on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've recently decided to try using more natural products, and this one seems to be a winner. It is thick and creamy, but absorbs well, and it's a good price -- I paid $8 for 4 ozs or 113 grams. On the downside, it comes in a jar.

on 8/31/2009 9:08:00 AM

Pretty average, its very light and gets absorbed fast, but half the time just does not seem to moisturise enough, and my skin still ends up feeling as dry as before i put it on. Not something I'd try again.

on 3/26/2013 6:14:00 PM

The only reason I bought this product was because I purchased the Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner from the same brand and thought I'd give this cream a go as well. My skin is super sensitive, irritated and occasionally breaks out from stress. I knew all the soothing and healing benefits of aloe so I was really excited.

The added fragrance in the ingredients made me a little hesitant but I have honestly tried so many different creams I didn't really care anymore. The packaging is horrible (I say that about anything that comes in a jar for hygienic reasons) but it was very affordable (Around 8$) so I figured it was worth a shot. I bought this along with the Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Cleanser so I ended up trying them both for the first time.

After putting the cream on my face after cleansing my face got extremely RED and it was BURNING like MADNESS. (especially my forehead) I literally had to fan my entire face like some exasperated woman from the 18th century. I thought about washing my face again to get it off but then I thought - Maybe it was this new cleanser and NOT this Aloe cream? The burning and redness went away after a few minutes but Man! I don't want to have to go through that every night and it shouldn't be that way if a product is supposed to "Soothe". I did the same thing the next day and the same burning sensation happened. I convinced myself it was the cleanser instead but I had to be sure so the next day I washed my face again with Ole and used my Ultra Gentle Shea moisturizer from L'Occitane and... NOTHING! The burning was gone and my face felt soothed and fresh. So... if you TRULY have sensitive skin... DONT BUY THIS. As a body lotion its fine. It could also be that an ingredient in the cleanser didn't agree with a particular ingredient in this cream.... buttttt I'll leave that possibility alone.

It is so difficult to find a glycerin based cream that has this much aloe (pretty much everything else is gel based or does not have enough aloe in it.)

I would love this cream, but there is a major flaw: fragrance is added! it's very strong smelling, and they don't disclose what it is (it smells kind of like Nivea, which Ioathe). it gives me a headache. I'm so sad that I can't use this as otherwise, it would be perfect.

if you are not sensitive to the smell, then you might like this product. I can tolerate very small amounts (such as under my eyes) and it really does soothe. I also dot it on healing wounds, and it seems to help them heal faster. I would love to be able to put this on my entire face, but then the smell gives me such a headache!

that's why I only gave it two lippies. I think that when it comes to natural products, it is a major no-no to add unnecessary perfumes!