Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 84% Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme

No Image

3.1

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (1), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Carbomer, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/4/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Jason describes this as a "rich, yet light emulsion" and that is exactly right. It is a white cream with a light fresh scent in a 4 oz. plastic jar.
Usage directions are to "Apply morning and night all over face and body to deliver ultra-comforting hydration". I use it on my face at night and on sensitive or irritated skin anywhere on the body.
It is very soothing and DH also uses it on his face after shaving. I picked it up at Walgreen's on clearance and hope to find it elsewhere when it is time to repurchase.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Aqua (purified water), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, vegetable glycerin, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) Extract*, anthemus nobilis (chamomile) extract*, calendula officinalis (marigold) extract*, camellia sinesis (green tea) leaf extract, prunus amigdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, caprylic/capric tryglyceride, tocopheryl acetate (vit. E), retinyl palmitate (vit. A), ascorbic acid (vit. C), potassium cetyl phosphate, methyl glucose sesquistearate, carbomer, sorbic acid, potassium hydroxide, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, methyldihydrojasmonate, natural color, fragrance oil blend.

on 4/9/2009 3:23:00 PM

OMG I hate this!! Thankfully I only paid $6 for it, 'cuz into the trash it goes. I am not sensitive to smells, but this WREAKS of old, moldy flowers. That "fragrance oil blend" at the end of the ingredient list definitely needs some major tweaking. :PPP. Unfortunately I ignored my initial disgust and put this on my face anyway. Instant burning on the sides of my face below my cheeks. I thought it might pass in a minute but it just kept burning more and more. I finally had to wash my face after about 10 minutes. I don't normally have sensitive skin, but its been super dry and itchy lately in this area of my face so thats why I bought this. Thought it would be soothing. NOT! If you are sensitive to scents or have sensitive skin, I would recommend staying far far away from this nasty stuff.

INGREDIENTS: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Aqua (Purified Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sorbic Acid, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Capryloyl Glycine, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance Oil Blend.

on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM

I lůve this product! I am using it as a night cream now that my face is very dry after a sun/beach vacation, and on my body to treat rashes I get from allergies. My painful, dry and itchy skin is gone. My face feels great, it sinks in fast and is not greasy at all. The cream has a smooth, whipped-like texture and you only need a tiny bit. It doesn't have a very present smell, but it does smell really mild and nice. My boyfriend has been using it on his face after shaving and loves it too :) Definitely a repurchase, although I expect this jar to last forever!

on 8/12/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been my HG face cream for a couple years. Love love love it! I use it every night. The smell is wonderfully light, fresh and clean. This moisturizes very well. I use it lightly in the summer and thicker in the winter. Not expensive at all, about $7 or $8. The only thing I don't like is the jar. I hate creams in jars. Between this and Olay Regenerist serum, my skin has never looked better!

on 8/31/2009 9:08:00 AM

Pretty average, its very light and gets absorbed fast, but half the time just does not seem to moisturise enough, and my skin still ends up feeling as dry as before i put it on. Not something I'd try again.

on 3/13/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this from vitamin shoppe, and was hoping for a smooth creamy moisturizer. I was drawn nto buying it, because I wanted to convert to natural skin care.

Upon opening the jar, there was a weird flowery smell. I was expecting the cream to be scentless or at least have a mild scent of aloe vera, but I guess not =/ The cream is a bit thick, a little hard to spread, and did not absorb into my skin, leaving an film on my skin.

There are better body butters out there.

on 5/23/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my HG facial moisturizer! I absolutely LOVE this stuff to the extent that I don't even think about trying another facial moisturizer. I have tried so many drugstore facial moisturizers, but they all have left my skin more oily, dry, more breakouts or peeling/flaking. This product has done none of that!
It leaves a nice dewy type smooth appearance on my skin and sinks in very well on my skin without looking oily or greasy, which I can't stand. I have breakout-prone skin and this didn't cause more breakouts like other moisturizers have. It does actually calm my skin down more as the product claims and is wonderful. I also add a drop of organic aloe vera mixed in with this moisturizer every time I apply for that extra "healing" effect and feeling and it actually feels like it works a ton better. LOVE this stuff and hope they never discontinue this!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am really starting to enjoy using this JASON product. It took a bit of getting used to with the unusual scent, but it does grow on you. I use it in the morning after cleansing and toning and before by sun cream. It is quickly absorbed and my skin feels really hydrated with this cream alone. I also use it to calm my eczema before going to bed at night. At £7 it is really a good buy and a little amount goes a long way.

Also it is organic and only available in specialist health food stores in the UK. I will definitely try some other JASON products now.

Edit: I recently bought a new jar, and the cream is white. This must be a newer version as my last jar had a greeny cream in it and was much better. The older version was far more water based and has a nicer scent. Why Jason?? Why change a good thing?

on 2/21/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Caveat emptor! I bought this because I wanted something neutral, natural and calming. I have NEVER had a reaction like I had with it! About 10 secs after application my face went crimson and was burning. I thought I'd wait and see what happened....the burning subsided but the redness remained. What on earth do they put in this gear?! Normally I use unsuitable face creams on my body instead but I didn't even want to do that. Luckily Whole Foods let me return it without any fuss whatsoever. Sometimes I really have to concede that the big cosmetic houses have a wealth of research behind them and these "natural" companies are a law unto themselves.

on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've recently decided to try using more natural products, and this one seems to be a winner. It is thick and creamy, but absorbs well, and it's a good price -- I paid $8 for 4 ozs or 113 grams. On the downside, it comes in a jar.