Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

4.7

100% pure sandalwood powder

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Sandalwood powder for almost 2 years now it has helped alot i used to have really bad acne on my right cheeks and acne scars , it has lessen drastically plus it also makes my skin fairer, So what i do is every week i use it 3 to 4 times for an hour or so but if you leave it overnight it heals much faster . I mix the powder with rose water but there are many mixtures out there so dont be afraid to experiment it & see what works best with you're skin. Overall Sandalwood has really helped my skin and it could help yours too!

on 9/12/2012 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

BACKGROUND - As a kid, I remember rummaging through my Mom's wardrobe to find any candy. The scent I associate with her wardrobe is a curious mix of Nivea creme and Sandalwood! She has a sandalwood piece kept in a drawer and it has scented all the clothes and other items in the closet. The scent is calming, holy and reverent.

I also remember getting 'holy water' at temples, which has a mix of eight herbs.
A paste of these eight herbs with water or milk in which a holy Rudraksha bead is immersed, is known as 'Ashtagandha'. Following are the ingredients - sandalwood powder, saffron, holy basil, henna, Durva, Bhimseni Camphor, Agar and sriphal. Some ashtagandha powders may include musk scent as well - I am not a fan of musk scent and it's origins. The paste is applied to the forehead as benediction. Ashtagandha, appropriately has a DIVINE scent and is also beneficial to the skin and physiology!

SANDALWOOD review - Most important is the quality of sandalwood powder and the source. Not all sandalwood powders are of equal calibre. The scent of sandalwood is unique. Hard to describe but it does create a calming effect. There are some sandalwood 'essential oils' which cause headaches instead. If so, that is not true sandalwood.
Real sandalwood paste has been used in Hindu rituals and the real thing does something unusual to the mind. Difficult to put in words....but it is amazing.

I bought the Sandalwood powder while I was in India, from a herbal pharmacy store. It was quite cheap compared to the sandalwood products we get here under brand names like Pratima, EvanHealy, etc, but more expensive than the usual brands we get in Indian stores in the USA. The scent is absolutely divine.
Here are some of the uses of sandalwood (for me) :
1) face mask, mixed with oatmeal, red clay, etc.
2) dehydrating pimples/cysts. Apply at the local spot and leave overnight.
3) mixed with cornstarch, arrowroot, lavender, this makes a delightful dusting powder and even face powder. Perfect for tanned / olive skin tones. Note : I also add this powder to the mineral powder (brands like Physicians Formula, Wet n Wild).
4) can even be consumed in summer, to produce a cooling effect.
5) making a herbal scrub which can be used instead of soap. Sandalwood has a cooling effect, and therefore it is perfect for summer. Mix sandalwood powder with red lentil powder, red sandalwood powder, vetiver powder and some powdered milk to make a cooling scrub. It also gives a healthy glow to the complexion.
6) Apply a thin paste of sandalwood powder to the forehead, before meditation or yogic sleep. Results will be pronounced.
7) SUNBURNS - Sandalwood paste is *amazing* for sunburn or irritated skin. I had a nasty sunburn in July, after a beach trip. I applied a mask of sandalwood+yogurt and this probably prevented the skin from blistering (which usually has happened for the past sunburns)!
8) UNDER-EYE treatment - Sandalwood has cooling properties and is *Amazing* in de-puffing eyes, reducing dark circles, reducing redness and brightening the eyes and smoothing out fine lines near eyes. Just make a paste of sandalwood powder, a little grated cucumber and sesame oil and apply around eyes. Leave overnight or for few hours.
9) HEADACHES, MIGRAINES, INSOMNIA - apply a paste of sandalwood and milk on the forehead and around the eyes and nose bridge. Very important however to use pure sandalwood. If fake sandalwood (with sandalwood scent) is used, the headaches may increase instead!
10) FACE LIFT and WRINKLE REMOVAL - apply a paste of sesame oil and sandalwood powder/paste on the face. Add pure aloe gel to the mix too. It zaps wrinkles and literally gives a face lift. The face looks so youthful and soft after a sesame-sandalwood treatment.

11) The SCENT - just the scent is sufficient to induce a peaceful feeling.

For cosmetic purposes, sandalwood is God-sent for skin tones of darker hues and in general a wonder product for all.
Thanks to the sweet old man who runs this herbal pharmacy. He could have prob'ly made a fortune somewhere else, I guess, but thankfully he lacks that capitalist attitude. I hope the shop never shuts down.

on 7/17/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I have been using sandalwood powder on my face forever. Its and amazing face pack for refreshing my face, helping me to clear up the blemishes and overall for my skin. I add a pinch of turmeric powder and milk/water/rose water to make it a paste and leave it on my face for as long as I can. My face feels very clean after I wash it off.