Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

Price: $

100% pure sandalwood powder

on 11/27/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I stumbled across one of those Yahoo! websites that give you skin care or make-up tips that everyone knows... I was bored. However, they mentioned sandalwood mask. And I thought.. "ooh never heard of that before". So off to MUA I went, and looked it up.

I was really curious to try it out. However, finding the powder itself was a bit tougher than I thought it would be.
You need to go to an Indian store. It could be a grocery store, as long as they have a spices section. Or if you're lucky and you have an actual Indian spices store around you, then that's awesome.
If the signs aren't in English, sandalwood is called "chandan" in Indian.

I decided to use water, so I can see what the sandalwood itself is doing. If I mixed it with other new stuff, I wouldn't know exactly which ingredient was doing anything, you know?
I take about 1tsp of the powder (also, the powder is pretty cheap, about $4 for 250mL) and add about 1/2 tsp of water.
I usually let it sit (the powder in the water) and go brush my teeth. Usually, when I come back the powder's kind of dissolved in the water, but if not, I stir until it's a paste. It's an orangey-brown paste.
It doesn't really matter how liquid-y it is, it's up to your preference. I then put it on my face, just using my fore and middle fingers. It doesn't sting, doesn't hurt. Make sure you put it all over, but not too too close to your eyes.
I wait about 5-8 minutes until it's dried, then rinse it off. Unlike other masks, especially clay ones, my skin doesn't feel tight after I rinse. It feels very smooth though. Very smooth and clean. However, it is a bit dehydrated, so I use my 100% Pure Rose Floral Water to tone/moisturize.

As for the results, after the first time, like with all masks, I felt really good about it. Did it's job, cleaned my skin, made it all smooth. Then the next morning, I woke up, and UNLIKE all masks I've tried, my skin was still smooth. I wasn't sure if the sandalwood was it. So I tried again 3 days later. Man, oh, man, same thing.

After about a week, I noticed my skin wasn't really as clogged. That said, I also stopped using moisturizer and as for make-up, I only use concealer, but I felt like a huge factor of my clean pores was the mask.
After I was using the mask, during the night and in the morning, my skin felt unusually clean and smooth, but not tight and stripped of its own oils.

So yeah, that's my story. Hope it helped. Feel free to ask me more questions if you still have some.

P.S. Sandalwood smells very nice :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff is absolutely amazing! My only problem with this is that it's a little bit messy. I mix this with my face wash and use it as a gentle daily scrub. So far so good, all my blackheads are gone. I'd recommend using sandalwood powder to all my friends but it's my top secret beauty tip. I will buy this again and again and again. What are you doing sitting in front of your computer reading this? Go out and get some sandalwood powder!