Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

100% pure sandalwood powder

on 11/8/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am literally in love with sandalwood powder. I purchased the red sandalwood recently it is very inexpensive I paid R14 for 50g. I have been using it as a face mask for three days now and its making my acne scars lighter and just my whole face brighter. It doesn't break me out. For the face mask:
1 teaspoon red sandalwood powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of rose water.
I mix together to form a nice paste and I leave it for about 30 mins. Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.

I swear this works so good, go try it but remember be consistent.

on 1/28/2013 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm in my early 20s and have suffered from moderate cystic acne since I was 16. I have tried various pharmaceutical products (creams containing high concentrations of tretinoin or benzoyl peroxide, and oral antibiotics) to get rid of my acne, but as soon as I stop the treatments, the acne returns in full force. Where I come from, sandalwood powder (available at organic or spice stores) is considered a powerful, natural anti-acne treatment and, mixed with an equal amount of turmeric and enough fresh lime juice to make a smooth, thin paste, it makes for an excellent anti-acne mask. However, the lime juice stings, so do NOT use this if you have sensitive skin. For sensitive skin, I'm sure water or unsweetened yoghurt would work just as well to bind the sandalwood powder and turmeric into a paste.

Initially, I applied this mask every night for three months. When my skin cleared up, I would only apply it about 3 or 4 times a week. You can gently rub the paste into your skin to exfoliate, but do not do this often. I exfoliate with this paste about once a week, but otherwise I just smear it thickly onto my face after cleansing with a gentle face wash, avoiding the eye area. I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it off with water. Provided your skin isn't sensitive, the stinging sensation should only last for 5-10 minutes (you'll get used to it!).

I have been using this mask for about 5 months now and it's the best anti-acne treatment I've ever tried. It's also dirt-cheap, and all ingredients are actually good for your skin (unlike the chemical nasties in conventional anti-acne products). After washing off the mask and pat-drying your skin with a towel, I recommend moisturising with rosehip oil because it reduces scars and won't clog your pores. You'll wake up the next morning with glowing, smooth skin.

You have nothing to lose, so I recommend trying it. Your skin might purge for the first two weeks, but persevere. Your skin will clear up after that. Thank me later! :)

on 7/17/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I have been using sandalwood powder on my face forever. Its and amazing face pack for refreshing my face, helping me to clear up the blemishes and overall for my skin. I add a pinch of turmeric powder and milk/water/rose water to make it a paste and leave it on my face for as long as I can. My face feels very clean after I wash it off.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

*UPDATE* This is the EXACT recipe they use on the brides. It's been passed down for generations so I'd call it tried & tested!
*1/3 teaspoon sandalwood powder
*2 tablespoons chickpea flour
*1/3 teaspoon turmeric
*Enough (full-fat! not skim!) milk that it's toothpaste-y (4 tablespoons?)
mix & put it on!
Where I come from, it's traditional to massage a bride-to-be all over, with a mix of sandalwood powder, turmeric, tomato juice or sometimes lemon--for whitening purposes (this being Pakistan, where being white is where it's at :P), and milk.
Every day, for 40 days before her wedding. (I think outside of villages, the 40-days-40-nights thing isn't followed, though).
I've only seen one person getting it done (in front of me)--my cousin--and the results were amazazazing. Her acne from pre-wedding stress=gone. And she become prettier & luminous looking.
So anyway. Sandwalwood powder. It's a really good base for any sort of mask. It smells beautiful too. There's a Tunisian mosque with bricks containing musk & sandwalwood powder so when the sun shines on it, it smells beautiful. Just like you will when you use this.
The previous reviewer has already covered all the bases (and so much research!!! Impressive!)
But I have this to add: awesome results! Oh wait, she said that too. Okay, I have nothing to add. But do try it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials