Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

Sandalwood Powder Acne Treatment

4.7

100% pure sandalwood powder

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Sandalwood powder for almost 2 years now it has helped alot i used to have really bad acne on my right cheeks and acne scars , it has lessen drastically plus it also makes my skin fairer, So what i do is every week i use it 3 to 4 times for an hour or so but if you leave it overnight it heals much faster . I mix the powder with rose water but there are many mixtures out there so dont be afraid to experiment it & see what works best with you're skin. Overall Sandalwood has really helped my skin and it could help yours too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It is a great recepie!!!
It works wonders with the skin.But anybody using it has to have patience.It shows effects after 1-2 weeks of daily applying it.
I use *Calamus powder* instead of chickpea powder.
If your skin type is acne prone I suggest you use it and you will see that within few weeks your skin will be very less prone to acne.Just use it, you yourself will notice the difference and have an enviable skin!!

on 1/4/2009 1:31:00 PM

I like to consider myself a beauty buff, or at least a DIY beauty buff. I get excited at the very thought of spreading fruit on my face (the natural chemicals exfoliate!) and I constantly research recipes and facts on homemade cosmetics (yes, I am a geek). So when my friend and I went to explore our local Indian grocery store, I nearly creamed my pants from excitement haha. The store was filled to the brim with possibilities, and one product from the hand full that I purchased is highly impressive as an ingredient in homemade products. Sandalwood powder, deriving from the tree found in India and Australia, is quite frankly one of the most excellent substances I have ever used on my face. Now, this is coming from a chick who has used both Avene and lemons, Olay and orange lentils, on her face (eeps!). I have found no other product to brighten and even skin tone, leave skin remarkably soft and polished, and zap zits as effectively as this powder has. Mind you, when I whip up a mask with sandalwood powder, I use other beneficial ingredients as well. My favourite mask, which leaves my skin noticeably improved after one application, consists of a heap of the powder, a squirt of lemon juice, a little bit of tomato pulp (I squeeze a cherry tomato into the mix) and a little bit of honey. It really isn't complicated, I eyeball everything I put in and then make sure that I mix the mask to a smooth consistency. I leave this on my face until it dries, rinse it off, and the reults are truly smile worthy :-) I have terrible skin, or rather, have had terrible skin. I cannot express how much time and effort I have put into bettering my skin (Accutane, you name it) - not to mention money and emotion . My genes leave me with an oily, uneven complexion and large pores (my mom's side) and extremely acne prone skin (dad's side). But you would never know, thanks to sandalwood powder. I also use it as a cleanser- mixed with a dash of almond oil, I massage this into my face, leave it on for about a minute, and then rinse. It truly works wonders, even on red marks left over from acne (which I have plenty of). Sandalwood powder is shockingly cheap- a huge amount, a jar's worth (which will last quite a while), is about $2.99CAN. If you plan on using it, for awesome results, I advise using it as a mask every day for about a week. Just wait and see how excellent the results are- especially if you mix your mask with lemon juice (just remember to moisturize well!). Ever since I began making my own products (toners, moisturizers, masks, ect.) my skin has improved dramatically (finally!). Sorry for this long review, girlies, I just had to rave! By the way, sandalwood helps the skin retain moisture, it is anti infectious, calmative and is also an antiseptic. You should read up on the stuff, it is very interesting ;-)

Video Reviews & Tutorials