4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This is one of the best silver polishes I own. I really love this color is was my 2nd revlon I bought and continues to be a favorite of mine that I will always have in my collection and use. It only needs 2 coats. Its a metalic deep silver with a little shimmer. It is just really nice and lasts. I've had no chipping problems with this polish.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

8 years ago

silver screen is a metallic silver that brings a nice shine to the nails! I use this one as a base for my kleancolor crack nail polish in black.i use it alone as well.verry nice color for xmas or with a crackled nail polish! Love it!

About reviewer (1507 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I actually quite like the colour and wear of this polish. The finish though, leaves something to be desired. Whoever said this looks Wolverine-esque, they're completely right - the colour is almost exactly the colour of the molten adamantium in the flashback scenes in the X-Men films. Gorgeous, cool-toned molten silver. Truly unique in a drugstore polish, and possibly in salon brands - I have yet to find a dupe in Lippmann or SpaRitual's selections when browsing Murale. The colour and wear is truly what saves me from pitching this in the trash and never trying to experiment with it again. I'm a student, work part-time as a secretary (or receptionist if we're being PC), and a bit of a computer geek. Add the three together, and I'm lucky if my manicure lasts 48 hours, tops. This last 3 days with little to no chipping, and I can push it to four if I felt the need to (and I have) before I really have to get round to re-doing my nails. I experienced no shrinkage with this and Seche Vite as a top-coat. Two coats gave me a completely opaque colour, idential to the bottle. I truly am not sure if it's the formula, or the narrower brush, but this shows the ridges in my nails like no other, and neither Seche Vite nor SH's Mega Gloss topcoats can save this from visible brush strokes. This is not a forgiving polish - you need nice, healthy, and not soft nails to pull this off. I sadly, do not. At $5.99CDN on sale, I really shouldn't sneeze at having to experiment with a ridge filling primer or base coat, and maybe a matte top-coat, but I feel this polish may need that, at least for my nails. Given the polish 87% rebuy rate, this was a bit of a dissapointment. I also found the brush to be narrower than I would've liked, but that may just be personal preference. All in all, this polish hasn't soured me on Revlon's other polish offerings (though this was my first), but I don't think I'll be rebuying this polish when and if I finish it. I may try and search for a similar colour, however, because it makes my inner child extremely happy (ooh, shiny things!)

About reviewer (161 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

This is a cool silvery grey that will work on anyone. The formula is smooth and the price is right. It's not exactly unique, though.

About reviewer (3503 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I am an OPI fan so the application with that long and slim brush was quite difficult for me. This color is silver, definitely looking like some kind of metal. It's quite extravagant for me, I felt like Wolverine while wearing it :) And it chipped quite easily.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

9 years ago

This was my favorite color last winter and I do love it still. It is a pretty silver color and it lasts long.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

This polish is quite pretty. I really think it delivers what you see in the bottle. I found complete coverage with two coats. I don't know about chipping issues, as I've only been painted for three days. Overall- inexpensive, creamy formula, nice payoff.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 years ago

Very pretty silver colour. In certain lighting, it turns into a light purple-ish colour. The brush is eh and the formula is kind of bad imo. It applies pretty streaky BUT it doesn't chip. It has survived through 6 days now of intense typing and texting. That's crazy. Love it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

10 years ago

I really like this nail polish. The colour is really silver, though in some lights it takes on a very pale purple sheen. Really pretty! I had to take away one lippie because when I apply it, the polish gets tacky really quickly and makes lumps on my nail sometimes. The price is pretty okay, and the bottle is pretty but I wish it were straight up and down, rather than flared at the base. Overall, I'd buy this polish again, if I ran out. I don't really paint my nails that much.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I love this polish! I've been on the lookout for a silver for a long time, and finally found this. When I was applying it, the polish looked like mercury--which is exactly what I wanted. One coat was a little streaky, but a second coat cleared that up with no problem (like with most of my polishes). I only gave it a 4 for the packaging because I wasn't the biggest fan of the brush. I love OPI's brushes, and have gotten used to them, so that's probably why I'm not loving this one. The skinnier brush did leave me with less of a mess to clean up on my right hand, though! :) Overall, I love this polish. It's become one of my absolute favorites. I can't stop looking at my nails when I have this on!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure