3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

Yuck. This left my hair super weighed down, gummy, heavy, yet still dry and frizzy at the same time. Also made it extremely dull when it's usually quite shiny. Plus it smells like Lemon Pledge. Save your money, look elsewhere.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

SAMY's Big Curls Curl Defining Creme does an okay job of defining my curls, but offers very little in the way of hold, smoothing curls in some places, and leaving them frizzy in others, and drooping by the end of the day. But my biggest problem with the Big Curls Curl Defining Creme is the fact that it makes my hair look and feel, well, dirty. I can usually go 2-3 days between shampoos, but not so when I've used this product. My hair looks dull and feels almost greasy by the end of the day. As an aside, as another reviewer mentioned, this product does indeed smell like children's chewable orange aspirin!

About reviewer (138 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

7 years ago

Hi, okay I was extremely disappointed with this product! I used to have beautiful curls and small springy locks and throughout the last 1-2 years I have damaged my hair because of the flat iron and I have tried every product I could think of to regain my curls and nothing has worked. When I came across samy big curls creme I got excited because a friend of mine told me about it and her hair was damaged like mine and she now has very pretty curls thanks to the product. I liked the price, it was on sale at walgreens for $2.99. I've tried it a couple of times and it has done nothing for my hair. I don't care for the smell. I tried to apply it while my hair was wet and let it air dry and got no results. I tried to apply it while my hair was wet and then I used my diffuser and still got no results. I also tried towel drying my hair after applying it and still nothing. Can someone tell me if I'm doing it wrong or if there's a method or a product they recommend. Please help!! :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

I know that everyone has different hair but oh man was my experience different than the reviews I read. This product did nothing for my hair. I have thick wavy/curly hair. It Didn't enhance curl or hold curl, didn't fight frizz, did nothing. I used it a few times before reviewing as I don't love leaving horrible reviews buy this was just awful for me. The one good thing is the smell, I LOVED the smell!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I like this product. I have medium-thick color-treated hair with natural curls. Problem: I live in a hot dry desert climate and I frequently swim in heavily chlorinated pools. Both make my hair dry + frizzy, and make my curls just... blah. I bought thei product after the last time I ran out of my 2 Aveda hg's Get Curly and the Humectant pomade which I used together. Those work well for me, but I really can't afford them... and I really can't afford to take a chance on Tigi's products. Yet I was reluctant to try this-it seemed too cheap too be true. It works great. I completely dislike its orang-y smell but it fades quickly. I apply the product to my hair when it is wet and comb through. Sometimes I towel off my hair in case I applied a bit too much. Then I push my hair into place (I have a couple of locks that need to be "told" which direction to curl) and air-dry. My hair ends up soft, with nicely-defined, healthy-looking curls. No frizz.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

I wanted a cheaper alternative to Kinky Curly's curl custard so I saw this at Target and bought it. First, let me say that I personally feel like this product was mislabeled. Its called a creme but for me it was more liquidy than a cream kind of texture. When applied to my damp hair, it somewhat kept the wavys/curls without causing any frizz; HOWEVER, because of its liquid consistency, I had to apply a lot of product just to get the look I wanted. Also, it left a weird..almost greasy like texture to my hair so I had to rinse it out of my hair at night. Overall, I'm not impressed with this product. Although it's dirty cheap, you would probably go through several bottles of it in a short period of time. I'm not a big fan of the consistency of the product, nor the citrus smell.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 years ago

I did not have any luck with this product. I liked the bottles design because it's ease of use. I did not like the smell, it reminds me of children's chewable orange flavored aspirin. The consistency of the "creme" was strange and not at all creme like. It was I call a "sliquid", a cross between a gel and lotion. The bottle said "use generous amount" and I applied what I thought was a generous amount and looked like I had a Jheri-curl. So the next time I only used half the amount I last used and my hair felt dry and was very frizzy and poofy (no definition at all). The only thing this product was good for was using on dry hair to smooth frizzies but almost any condition or styling creme can do this.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0
from

9 years ago

Edit: I dont like this anymore. It stopped working :S Now I just leave in some One Condition and gel, spritz some set it free, and im consistently pleased with that -unlike with this product-. It only works SOMETIMES.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

This product is on sale buy one, get one free at rite aid right now, and so I got 2, and it's a complete waste. I thought it would be very good, because my hair is very thick, and coarse, so I need a creme instead of gel. But this product is very liquidy, it didnt contain my curls at all. I'm sure it works for some people, but it didn't work for my thick, heavy, spirally curls.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

9 years ago

OMG.. the best one so far for curling my hair medium fine hair.. my curled hair stay that way and not frizzy like most product i used before and doesnt built up either.. amazing..!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43