Bare Escentuals Eye Defining Brush

3.8

I have just started using eyeshadow again, and it is very fun! I got this in a swap years ago and had rarely used it...until now! I find it wonderful for blending! I find it very easy to use, and it is nice and soft. It is a nice size and easy to use. I haven't tried it for applying, but I think it would work great for that as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Did I get a defective brush? I picked this up Dec 08 as part of a get started eyes kit for my mom who was switching to mmu. She never used any of it and handed the brushes over to me a few months ago. I used it once and washed it and all the hair pulled out and the plastic overlay on the wand split causing a large piece to break off. I used this once, washed carefully w/Dr. Bronner's almond oil liquid and was thoroughly unimpressed.

this is my most used eyeshadow brush because it's so versatile. you can use it as an all over wash of color, on the crease, and i also turn it sideways and use in the tearduct. if i were to go on a trip, i would bring this brush.

however, there are also cons. it's a little bit too fluffy to get very precise application, first of all. i usually have quite a bit of fall out from this brush, even if i pat on the color instead of swiping.

that being said, it's absolutely worth the money and yes, i would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love that this eyeshadow brush is fluffy and slightly angled, which makes it great for spreading a wash or base color all over your lid. Picks up and deposits lots of pigment easily and blends well. I've never had a problem with shedding, it's been very hardy so far and I have a feeling it will last a long time. Someone below me said that the shape makes it difficult to get into the crease which I can see but this brush isn't even for that purpose. That brush would be called a contouring brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Because of the softness, short handle, reasonable price, I'd buy this brush again. There are a couple of things I don't like about this brush, but they're definitely minor. While it picks up eye shadow well, it doesn't place it on the crease only (this requires practice). It's best to have some dusting powder under the eye to pick up falling shadow so that it doesn't stain the face. I also noticed that the bristles shed somewhat. I was able to repair this with a little tweaking, so nothing major, but worth mentioning. It definitely makes a difference with crease shadow though. I like that I can carry it in my BE makeup bag. Overall, I think it's a good purchase.

This is a soft brush that's slightly angled to help applying e/s in your crease. I wouldn't buy it again, though, b/c every day it leaves a couple of stray bristles on my face that I have to tweeze off. Not terrible, but could be better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

One of the better BE brushes I've tried. But i find it flicks shadow all over the place if you aren't careful. Certainly not and HG brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice brush. It is soft and not at all scratchy to use, and when I use it to apply a wash of color, it does a great job, and gives a very even product distribution. I must admit that I have not tried using it with Bare Escentuals eye shadows, as I don't care for the loose powder/mineral form that they come in. I do, however, use this brush with Stila pan shadows and the occasional Benefit or Urban Decay shadow, and it works like a charm. Good quality and a fairly reasonable price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bare Escentuals brushes are very well made. The brushes are soft and work excellently with loose minerals. The angled eye defining brush can be used all over the lid or just as easily in the crease. Nice quality product! Retails for $16.

Popular Makeup Brushes