MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

A very, very good foundation for my combination skin. The mua in Mac suggested it when I went to the store complaining that the hue of my skin must have changed. I explained that I have been using many Mac foundations with great results in the colour nc20. Since Christmas or so, though, all my nc20 foundations started to look yellow on my skin! Anyway, I used them up and then went to buy a new one. The mua gave me the nw20 which looked divine on my skin! Hydrating, velvety, not sticky at all, no weird patches. I have seen here that some people are disappointed in this foundation, but I guess we have to try many until we find what suits us... so, never blind buy, especially if it costs a fair amount of money. For me, this is a HG product!

on 3/28/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a horrible foundation, but not great either. It's heavy and thick, has good medium coverage with one coat. Supposed to be good for dry skin, but i found that it clung to my dry patches almost immediately after application, both with primer and without. I also tested it using both fingers and a beauty blender, and it still exacerbated my dry skin patches. It has pretty good staying power, as i had it on for about 6 hours and it didn't seperate or fade. It didn't bother my sensitive skin (some foundations can make me itchy after awhile; this one didn't). It has a satin almost matte finish i'd say. It would probably be a good foundation if you have oily or combination skin though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent coverage, lovely clean finish, but boy does it transfer - if you dab at your face with so much as a finger, it comes off on to it. That's my only grouse. I set it with a pressed powder to mitigate this. Otherwise another reliable MAC product.

on 1/14/2018 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not happy with the way this looked on my skin, it was recommended as ok for dry skin but still good coverage...good coverage yes...but I found it looked cakey even if lightly applied over primer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awesome foundation. I find that it lasts longer than average, and it's a natural satin finish. It gives a full coverage, polished look. I have normal-combo skin and I normally have issues with foundations, especially non-matte ones, lasting.

IT IS AN OK foundation. It s not amazing, not worth the money, for sure. At first I was amazed buy it, but at some point it didnt feel good on my skin anymore. I have dry skin and it s good cause it doesnt stick in patches, but it feels really heavy on the skin. It has oil in it and at some point the oil separates from the foundation. It has good coverage, but I would not repurchase it. Estee Lauder double wear is a far better foundation than this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Product lasted all day at a party I was dancing all night too. Really pretty foundation.

on 6/7/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

TERRIBLE product. Sit very heavy on the skin and is cakey. If you have NORMAL or DRY skin AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I recommend water based foundations and if you've got dry skin use a little face oil before applying for a lovely dewy finish.

on 4/27/2017 4:06:00 PM

This foundation is meh.I used it a while ago but I had to switch back to another MAC foundation because of it's flaws.
It covers well but it has a thick consistency, which doesn't work with me so I had to mix this foundation with an Asian BB cream. Otherwise it would break on my skin. Even while using a primer, I noticed the foundation transferring around my nose. It didn't look very well after an hour or 4, and I think a foundation with a price like this should do a lot better. Also, I was in between NC15 and NC20 (NC15 being to rosy and NC20 too dark and yellow) so I bought both and then mix them with a BB cream; 3 bottles of foundation just to make my skin look okay. Will not repurchase.

I have extremely dry, yet acne-prone skin so I was looking for a good, hydrating, high-coverage foundation.
Since I was not able to find any drugstore foundation that would work for me (mind you, I'm not the kind of person to willingly spend a fortune on makeup), I choose to try a high end product.
The lady at the counter matched me perfectly (I would have chosen another shade, but I'm so glad I stepped over my shadow and got help finding the right colour).
I'm really satisfied with this foundation. It's high coverage and it does not emphasise my dry skin. Yes, it feels very tacky after applying (and no, this is not getting better throughout the day), but I don't mind that at all. As some people already mentioned, you have to be quite careful, though, because it can look cakey really fast, if you use too much of it. Since I'm no "makeup guru" this tends to happen to me (what is 'light handed??' lol), but until now I've always been able to fix this. Works best for dry skin imo if you use a really hydrating primer underneath.