MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 6/7/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

TERRIBLE product. Sit very heavy on the skin and is cakey. If you have NORMAL or DRY skin AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I recommend water based foundations and if you've got dry skin use a little face oil before applying for a lovely dewy finish.

I have extremely dry, yet acne-prone skin so I was looking for a good, hydrating, high-coverage foundation.
Since I was not able to find any drugstore foundation that would work for me (mind you, I'm not the kind of person to willingly spend a fortune on makeup), I choose to try a high end product.
The lady at the counter matched me perfectly (I would have chosen another shade, but I'm so glad I stepped over my shadow and got help finding the right colour).
I'm really satisfied with this foundation. It's high coverage and it does not emphasise my dry skin. Yes, it feels very tacky after applying (and no, this is not getting better throughout the day), but I don't mind that at all. As some people already mentioned, you have to be quite careful, though, because it can look cakey really fast, if you use too much of it. Since I'm no "makeup guru" this tends to happen to me (what is 'light handed??' lol), but until now I've always been able to fix this. Works best for dry skin imo if you use a really hydrating primer underneath.

on 4/27/2017 4:06:00 PM

This foundation is meh.I used it a while ago but I had to switch back to another MAC foundation because of it's flaws.
It covers well but it has a thick consistency, which doesn't work with me so I had to mix this foundation with an Asian BB cream. Otherwise it would break on my skin. Even while using a primer, I noticed the foundation transferring around my nose. It didn't look very well after an hour or 4, and I think a foundation with a price like this should do a lot better. Also, I was in between NC15 and NC20 (NC15 being to rosy and NC20 too dark and yellow) so I bought both and then mix them with a BB cream; 3 bottles of foundation just to make my skin look okay. Will not repurchase.

on 4/1/2017 5:31:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've ever used. And I have tried everything. I first got this when I got my makeup done for prom and I had to buy it in order to get my makeup done. The girl matched me a little too dark but I was IN LOVE. it's perfect for all weather types. All skin types. Everything. Wide range of colors too. I spent 2016 trying to find something better than
This foundation and I just couldn't. I just purchased my third bottle a week ago and I was mad at myself for ever giving it up. The most slept on foundation of all time

on 3/30/2017 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Been using this for over a year now after a friend's recommendation. It's a pretty good foundation and I would repurchase, but not straight away as soon as it runs out (which is very soon!). Here is why...

Pros:
- Fair coverage - I have A LOT of hyperpigmentation due to years of adolescent acne. One layer with a little bit of concealer is enough.
- Has SPF. It's not a lot (SPF15), but I hate wearing sunscreen underneath makeup because it makes my face oily and oftentimes causes me to break out. Foundation with SPF is a must for me!
- Has a shade match for my skin. I find it very hard to find a good foundation match from drugstore foundations. Although, for some reason I think my skin got paler throughout the year and good ol' N30 is not too dark or yellow for my skin. Whenever I do repurchase, I suppose I can just get NC25... I just hope that matches my skin as well as NC30 did when I was a little darker.

Cons:
- Stays a bit sticky after application. Will need to set it with some sort of powder or spray if you don't want it to transfer anywhere else. It does have the tendency to transfer, even hours after having it on, so please set yo foundation!
- Because of the stickiness, I wouldn't layer this foundation more than once. Not that I've personally ever needed to, even as someone with a lot of unevenness in her skin tone. I have tried layering it in the past though. It will likely cake.
- Consistency of the foundation is quite thick and sticky. A bit similar to gouache paint, really. I don't mind that. But a lot of people might.
- Of course, since it's MAC, it's will be a little pricey. But I feel like there's tons of other foundations that look the same, feel the same on the skin or even better, and are cheaper.

If you have some cash to spare, have combination to dry-ish skin that won't mind a stickier foundation and want a good amount of coverage, this is okay to try. It works for me, but because I'm stingy, I wouldn't come back to this unless I really wanted to spend money on this. A really good drugstore foundation that actually adheres to your budget and your skin's needs will do too.

on 12/29/2016 11:35:00 AM

I had 2 samples of this and to me it was sticky when applied and it never dried...idk if it's just me but it didn't work out. I'll stick to studio fix

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago, I received this to cover a bruised cheek & two horrible black-eyes, thanks to an an abusive ex, and it broke me out like mad and made my face feel powdery. It doesn't actually cover that much as it claims to be full coverage and be good for my skin type. Well, I certainty tested that aspect of its claim! After a short awhile, the oil separated. Fast forward time to now: it still isn't great and there's much more sophisticated formulas in this area now!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the first MAC product I have tried. I have been looking for a new foundation recently, and decided to go to a MAC store where they have professional people to help. I typically have combination skin, but lately I have been very dry due to the cold autumn weather kicking in. So the lady in the store suggested I try this and gave me a sample that lasted me three days.

First day I tried it I applied it with my fingers, which made my skin look incredibly dry and aweful. Next day I tried a beauty blender, and that made the finish much nicer, but still made my skin look a bit dry (I don't have a foundation brush, so I didn't get to try that). The foundation went into creases, emphasizing them. As others have commented, the foundation does never seem to really dry, and it feels a bit sticky, much like after you have put on moisturizer. Which I guess is a good thing if your skin is dry, because then it will feel hydrated.

The foundation looked quite nice right after putting it on, but throughout the day my T-zone would get shiny, and the foundation started to separate in areas, not looking like a smooth layer anymore. The forehead was worst, and the foundation would be almost gone from around the hairline after having brushed away hair from my face throughout the day.

I liked the amount of coverage, which I would say is medium to full, but for my skin this foundation did not work very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

First of all, I'd like to mention that mac make up artists should have a training on skin. As I've been recommend this product and my dermatologist clearly told me that this product works exceptionally well on dry skin which is not my case. So, what happened is that after a week using it my skin broke out badly. Being a comedogenic product my skin clogged up bringing up whiteheads, blackheads and cysts. A nightmare! If you use this product with a prone acne skin, I'll suggest a clarisonic brush if your skin is not as sensitive to it as mine. I'm now using Francois nars!

on 9/11/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It covers well, but the smell of this !!!! It smells like straight up paint!!!. Its a super thick consistency and Feels heavy on my skin.if you layer it it starts looking cakey.