MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 12/29/2016 11:35:00 AM

I had 2 samples of this and to me it was sticky when applied and it never dried...idk if it's just me but it didn't work out. I'll stick to studio fix

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years ago, I received this to cover a bruised cheek & two horrible black-eyes, thanks to an an abusive ex, and it broke me out like mad and made my face feel powdery. It doesn't actually cover that much as it claims to be full coverage and be good for my skin type. Well, I certainty tested that aspect of its claim! After a short awhile, the oil separated. Fast forward time to now: it still isn't great and there's much more sophisticated formulas in this area now!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the first MAC product I have tried. I have been looking for a new foundation recently, and decided to go to a MAC store where they have professional people to help. I typically have combination skin, but lately I have been very dry due to the cold autumn weather kicking in. So the lady in the store suggested I try this and gave me a sample that lasted me three days.

First day I tried it I applied it with my fingers, which made my skin look incredibly dry and aweful. Next day I tried a beauty blender, and that made the finish much nicer, but still made my skin look a bit dry (I don't have a foundation brush, so I didn't get to try that). The foundation went into creases, emphasizing them. As others have commented, the foundation does never seem to really dry, and it feels a bit sticky, much like after you have put on moisturizer. Which I guess is a good thing if your skin is dry, because then it will feel hydrated.

The foundation looked quite nice right after putting it on, but throughout the day my T-zone would get shiny, and the foundation started to separate in areas, not looking like a smooth layer anymore. The forehead was worst, and the foundation would be almost gone from around the hairline after having brushed away hair from my face throughout the day.

I liked the amount of coverage, which I would say is medium to full, but for my skin this foundation did not work very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

First of all, I'd like to mention that mac make up artists should have a training on skin. As I've been recommend this product and my dermatologist clearly told me that this product works exceptionally well on dry skin which is not my case. So, what happened is that after a week using it my skin broke out badly. Being a comedogenic product my skin clogged up bringing up whiteheads, blackheads and cysts. A nightmare! If you use this product with a prone acne skin, I'll suggest a clarisonic brush if your skin is not as sensitive to it as mine. I'm now using Francois nars!

on 9/11/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It covers well, but the smell of this !!!! It smells like straight up paint!!!. Its a super thick consistency and Feels heavy on my skin.if you layer it it starts looking cakey.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for Oily Skin. If you are oily skin stay away from this foundation - you have been warned.

Ok so for my combo-dry gals, this will be your HG foundation. I have an oily T-Zone but almost crepey skin texture on my cheeks, forehead and jaw. This foundation has some weird way of making the texture of my skin so smooth and supple that I have not seen in any foundation.

I usually set this foundation with MAC's careblend powder and just set my nose with Rimmel's stay matte and I am set for the day.

I waited for a month to write this review since I was really trying to test this foundation. It is a worthy investment. Hope this helps!

on 8/16/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This particular foundation is 1.3 ounces verses 1 ounce for most others regardless of brand. Coverage is full, and will cover light to moderate discoloration and acne. This has a dewy finish and does best when set with a powder. Being that this has dewy finish and not matte like many full coverage foundations this will do well on dry skin. Wear time is about average, but this can be slightly difficult to remove. Even oil cleansing I had to go over my face with toner to get all of this off. I have applied this with both the MAC oval foundation brush, and a beauty blender and have gotten good results from both. Another note for dry skin, this doesn't emphasize dry flaky patches. I had a few really dry patches from eczema and they were undetectable under this. I generally skip foundation when my eczema flares as most foundations make my skin worse.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Okay so this is more of a first impressions review as I've only been using this for a short time but I'll give my review anyways. For a foundation I wanted something that was full coverage but good for dryer skin types which I agree this caters more towards. I would not reccomend this for oily skin types.
It is too creamy and thick but you could try it.

Because my skin is so dry it's not a problem for me at all really. The coverage is great but I personally wouldn't wear this everyday. It's beautiful and the finish as long as you buff it into all the areas of your face especially around your nose is flawless. It can get a little cakey around the eyes and nose areas so I'd avoid putting too much there.

This definitely will cover any problematic skin issues. This also photographs amazingly
Probably the best thing about it for me anyways
I wouldn't wear it everyday just because I find that it's so thick my skin hasn't really reacted greatly to it.

I'm not sure if it's my lacking of skin care thought so I'm not sure wether to judge it on this or not. I've had a few breakouts since I've used this so we shall see.

Nonetheless I still love this and will buy again once I'm out unless I find something as high coverage as this.

If you're looking for something heavy duty and durable this is your foundation
If you're dry another plus!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Staying power was poor. I was not very happy with this product at all. Left skin feeling cakey and complexion looked weird after using it.

My all time favourite foundation. Mac comes in a range of color and nw20 matches me perfectly.

It has great coverage and really gives that smooth flawless finish. I dont use primers as I have combination skin so i fee it dries me out quite a bit but this is fine without it especially on my nose where my pores are my obvious.

I tend to use a beauty blender when I use this but I have use brushes in the past and even my fingers and it always blends well.

I would definitly reccommend and I think its worth every penny.