3.6

Reviews

3.0
from

3 years ago

Over the years, I have used many balms and continue to look for great lip treatments. My last HG lip balm (RoC) was reformulated so I've been looking for a decent all around lip balm, SPF not necessary. I bought this because Nivea in general makes good products and I know of others who love their products. Hving tried this and other balms of theirs lately (Nivea Essential), I'm left unimpressed. This lip balm is not emollient enough. I don't find the balm lasts or keeps my lips moisturized. It offers no shine since it's made for men, but it's compromised by the lack of moisturizing properties. I bought this because I prefer no fragrance added products and there is no scent. I do have dry lips, but even when my lips aren't dry, this balm doesn't last. PROS No scent Cheap No sheen/good under lipsticks and gloss CONS Not that moisturizing or emollient Not long lasting

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I bought this after having allergic reactions to lip balms with SPF higher than 15 or 20. I decided to get something with no SPF, no shine, no scent, to hopefully let my lips recover. Nope. Within 2 days of use I had as bad of, if not worse of, a reaction than when I was using the Nivea Sun SPF 30. Deeply chapped lips, dry cracked corners, red itchy bumps all around my mouth and on my lips, swelling, burning, the whole nine yards. I ended up slathering my lips and mouth area in cortisone ointment and lanolin. Nothing in the ingredients seemed like it would irritate my mouth like that, but regardless it ended up in the trash along with the others. I wanted to love this so much, but it wasn't meant to be.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Although this is a pretty generic lip balm, I love it because it has no distinctive scent.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Love this lip balm! Since it contains SPF, this is my daytime lipbalm for wearing under lipstick. I liked Nivea's other lip balms (the one in the light blue tube), but the scent was always a turnoff for me, so I love that this one's unscented. Also, this one's not as greasy so it wears well under other lip products. Will definitely repurchase once I run out!

About reviewer (1635 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

9 years ago

I got this for my dad because he would always complain about his dry chapped lips. The lip balm is not very moisturizing and might look good, but he still had chapped lips a week later. After a while, he just gave up and started using vaseline instead which actually made a difference! Will not repurchase :) Waste of money. Check out my reviews on other lip care products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

About reviewer (124 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Wow! I really honestly wish more people knew about how amazing this is. I got it for my dad as a christmas present and ended up stealing it from him because I loved it so much! As a lip balm it does a pretty good job of moisturizing and it's amazingly good at not leaving any sort of grease. I don't just use it as a lip balm though..I can't explain the effect it gives but it looks like a professional put on lipstick in your lipcolor onto your lips and it's completely unnoticable except for a glowly soft look it gives (if that makes sense at all). It looks like your lips have been hairbrushed or are super super smooth and soft and amazing. I can't explain it but it seems to change to pigmentation of my lips to a softer, glowier color without looking like I have anything on or leaving grease/white film. Better yet is how this product performs as a lip primer. I put this on before I use any lipstick and it fills my cracks and smooths down my flakes for a completely smooth, bare canvas. The lipsticks look a billion times better and more wearable because of this. It's better than any other lipstick primer from any expensive brand I've tried and it doesn't make the lipstick look greasy like it would if I were to use regular lip balm under it. It makes lipstick colors less super intense and fake and makes it look as if the color of the lipstick is actually the color of your lips...again I can't explain it but please if anyone is reading this, give this product a try. No one knows about this product and I'm so surprised that there are only 2 reviews but it's amazing and super cheap! I've been using it for 10 months now and I still have a TON of product left. When I run out, I will definatly repurchase! Oh and my dad loves it too because it doesn't make him look like he put lipgloss on when he puts this on..he bought his own when I stole his back.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I was at Wal-Mart looking in the lip balm department and came across this little gem! It was 1.67. I picked one up for me and my brother. I like the fact that it states it doesn't leave a white film or any sort of gloss. I like that in a lip balm because I find it sinks in to my lips and helps with applying gloss and lipstick. I have used this lip balm for a couple days now and my chapped lips are gone. No flakies, just beautiful soft ,supple lips! I'm so glad I came across this! This might just be a HG for me!!

About reviewer (357 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Cool