E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/8/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My kid absconded with my MAC 217 (I own 2 - but it still pissed me off!) so I got one of these for $2.00 at target - and it is no way like the 217 but it's a great and CHEAP shadow brush.
Soft bristles and so far no shedding.

Nice find - and essential.
And if my kid steals it I can get another easily - and it won't break me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so jealous of those who get the ELF brushes to work well for them. More often than not they end up in the garbage for me. Shedding, they feel scratchy on my skin (and with this being an eye brush, no thank you), and I've had the ferrules come off soon after purchasing some of them, and that is barely even using them. They shed when washed; they shed while applying makeup for me. Again, I am jealous of those who can use these very affordable brushes. But I have pretty much given up on them. If you are on a budget however and/or are willing to work with these issues, then these might be worth checking out..I am just at a stage in my life that I want quality and to not be fussing with shedding scratchy makeup brushes.

To Read all 99 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very scratchy and stiff. I have their crease and their blending brush which are great, but this one is just so harsh.

on 10/7/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like e.l.f. brushes but this one is just ok to me. It's partly me though, since I think the brush itself is ok (it doesn't hurt my eyes or anything). I also bought the crease brush which is less dense and the bristles are longer and I like that more, though somewhere in the middle might be even better. That one is for a very light, blended look and sometimes I do want precision but I find this one a little large for that. This is meant for an outter V but I find it a little too big for my taste. Even though you're supposed to use a round brush for that, I have flatter brushes that I prefer for a really tight v/crease look. This is very round, like the ferule isn't pinched and its kind of large in circumference, and dense so I feel like it's not that great for a very blended look. Maybe a packed in look but you have to use another brush on top to blend. I'm sure there are uses other that could be good for this brush but I haven't really found them yet. Still, other people might really love this for a number of application techniques (like nose contouring or something) so like I said, it may be just my preference.

Update: I've been using and liking this more. Like I said, this is compact for packed on shadow application and the other one is really good for getting the crease shadowed but blended without those 'skips' in eyeshadow that happen along the crease with a too-compact brush (like this one). So I'm kinda feeling like using both together makes a nice look. This is good for when you want a larger V or triangle around the outter corner and you really want to pack the color on in fewer applications. I press it rather than swipe it most of the time. Then I use the whispier one to blend the actual crease and the transition color as well as blending the transition with the brow color.

on 8/25/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has actually been a great brush for me to use while applying eyeshadow to my crease. It's small enough to give you precision and the perfect shape to blend with.

I will definitely repurchase, although that will be a few years from now since this brush has been durable. There are no signs of wear and tear after a year nor shedding bristles.

Hell at E.L.F prices, i might just buy a back up.

on 8/4/2015 3:34:00 PM

I bought this at Target. I was looking for the Sonia Kashuk 109 (which I eventually had to purchase online and it is AMAZNG), and when I couldn't find it, I decided to give this one a try. At $3, I wouldn't say I'm sorry I did, but I would definitely not recommend this brush. It isn't soft. The bristles are too densely packed, and they are slightly too short. Therefore, the brush kind of drags and just doesn't allow for a smooth application of shadow, even if I'm using a very smooth shadow.

on 7/17/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of e.l.f. brushes. They're not great as mac or sigma, but they're really good for the price (and a lot better than many other brushes)

I like the unique shape of this eye brush! It's a dense blunt-cut angled eye brush. I have slightly hooded eyes so I put crease colors above my natural crease so they can be seen and give the illusion of more lid space and open/raise my eye up more. This brush is perfect for that. I can pack the color on my eye and blend it out very very well

The brush is a little bit to big, but I love the point on the angle
This doesn't shed and is easy to clean and was made to put color in the upper, outer corner above the crease. You'll probably have to go back in with a blending brush, but you should always blend your eyeshadow!

on 7/1/2015 6:32:00 PM

I usually like E.L.F brushes but this one is a disappointment, it's not as soft as some of their other studio brushes and I think it'd work better if it was flat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Save your $3. This brush is too scratchy for the delicate eye area.

on 2/25/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While you pay a wonderful low price for the brush... you are paying for a low end brush. The bristles are a bit harsh on the skin and my brush's top came off and will have to be reglued. I still use the brush but it is what I paid for.

Popular Makeup Brushes