e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had this brush since high school and I'm 22 now and still use it to this day. It has held up to so many washes and taken it like a champ! Can't beat. I've used it for powder and liquid!

on 9/10/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Y'all this brush is everything for application of liquid foundation! I got this because a friend of mine that I work with told me this is the bees knees and IT IS! I have been using this with L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation this week and application has been flawless. The brush does not soak up a bunch of the foundation and it applies in a streak-free finish. I cannot say enough good things for this $3 brush! I will be getting more!

on 8/25/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh, I like the brand E.L.F but there definitely are some hits and misses.

This was a miss. The bristles are packed so densely and tight together that it makes applying a light setting powder nearly impossible. I found this made my base look way too cakey. If you're going for a heavy, full coverage finish look then it's great. But I already use a thick foundation...so powder has to be minimal. Another issue I have with this brush is the flat top. That made application even harder.

I suppose the only good things I have to say about this brush is the fact it's affordable, well made (albeit not my style), and the bristles are very soft. I have not experience any shedding.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This brush is called a powder brush but I didn't like it for powder. The brush is too blunt and dense for dusting powder so I tried it with liquid foundation and it is PERFECT! It is soft enough to buff and blend liquid foundation but also dense enough to deposit pigment for coverage. I've been using this brush with NARS Sheer Glow and I really like the finish I get with it. I also notice that after using it, not a lot of product sticks to the brush like with traditional foundation brushes. The brush itself feels soft and gentle. After using this brush for a month, I noticed no shedding. I think since using this, I've only seen one or two bristles fall out.

on 6/15/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG foundation brush! Probably would make any foundation look smooth. I will never apply foundation with my fingers again. This makes my tricky foundation (Revlon CS) apply perfect and evenly!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this brush. I use this brush mainly for liquid but I have also used it for powder foundations and it works great. The only thing I do not use it for is setting powder. Overall it is a great brush.
The only issue I have ever had with it is that sometimes I get a dud, which is smaller and deformed. Other than that I will continue to purchase this over and over again.

on 4/8/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe I waited so long to try this amaaazing brush! I use this to apply my powder and it has such flawless application and really picks up the product to press it into your skin. I didn't realize that a brush could make such a difference in the way my face looks. I brought 2 just incase one were to break because this brush is just that good. And for $3 how could you go wrong (:

on 3/17/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I don't get the love for this brush. I think it feels really cheap. It does a fine job of applying powder, but honestly I like the feel of Real Techniques or EcoTools better. They seems worth paying a few more bucks. I disagree with those who say it's good for powder foundation or liquid foundation. It's not bad, but it's not dense enough. I have many more brushes that do a much better job. This isn't a must have at all for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

perfect brush for powder :) didnt really like it for liquid foundation but thats just me lol

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I highly recommend this brush for people who can't afford Sigma's F80 brush. It's what I used until I got the $$ to buy Sigma's flat top kabuki which is smaller and more dense. This is an excellent brush. If all my high end brushes were destroyed, I'd repurchase this one for $3 first until I got the money for Sigma's brush! Never sheds either and buffs away pores like nobody's business. I really recommend using this to stipple and buff in foundation. It applies my MUFE matte velvet flawlessly.

Popular Makeup Brushes