e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 6/17/2017 8:10:00 AM

I use this primary to apply foundation. It works beautifully for cream, stick, and liquid foundations. I rotate through different foundations, but this brush works to blend them all. It makes application so fast!

Here are my quick application techniques:

For cream foundation, I dip the brush directly into the pan and apply and blend as I go. This is the fastest!

For stick foundation, I draw stripes on my face, neck, and decolletage to apply the makeup directly from the stick to my skin. Then I use this brush in light circular motions and short swipes to distribute and blend all of it.

For liquid foundation, I take an ample amount on my left middle finger then evenly distribute that to my index, middle and ring fingers of both hands. Then I use all six fingers simultaneously to dot the makeup all over my face. I personally start around my nose because I want more coverage there. Whatever excess remains on fingertips, I just wipe on my neck and decolletage. Then I use this brush in light circular motions and short swipes to distribute and blend all of it.

Super easy and fast. I wish this brush came in a short handle travel size.

This makeup brush changed the way my makeup looks in the best way. It is the perfect brush for applying liquid foundation! It is easy to clean and I have never seen any bristles fall out after having it for over a year. Amazing quality and price- it can't be beat!

on 8/13/2016 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Who would give this an excellent rating??? This is unfairly rated better than some luxury brushes!

Let me save you some time.

If you starting off with makeup and want to try different brush shapes with different textured products then you should probably practice with this. It's cheap. Both in quality and in price. You won't be offended if it breaks on you which it probably will do within a few months)

If you have moved up to anything above MAC quality or have an interest in Japanese brushes you will be sorely disappointed as this brush is scratchy, ineffective, breaks easily, and can pass for a children's makeup set brush from the dollar store. Honestly, makeup brushes are so insanely expensive (especially if you're purchasing certain hairs or from certain countries) but they often last decades and are a pleasure to work with aesthetically and in application. This brush will give you sloppy, unblended makeup. If you like quality, subtle makeup, excellent blending or natural results, this is not for you. It would be a shame to use this with higher end makeup.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent powder brush. Cleans off easily, is the perfect length, I love this. I will keep rebuying unless I find something else better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Perfectly made! It's sturdy and never sheds. It's gentle on my skin and blends makeup perfectly. I use it for liquid and cream products but it works nicely with powder too. You'll probably want to pick up a couple of them, it's such a great brush with multiple uses. It's also a great gift because anyone who wears makeup could find a way to use this almost daily I think.

I use this brush for my highlighting. I use MAC soft and gentle. I don't like super soft brushes because I feel like they don't pick up product well but this is gentle and does the job. Its a very sturdy brush. I'm sure you can use it for anything but I like how it blends my highlight. This brush is such a good deal every one needs it, you will definitely find a use for it. 1/2 favorite ELF brushes.

on 12/6/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this brush as part of e.l.f. 25-piece professional brush set, and it was one of those brushes that I honestly didn't know how to use. But after a month of owning it, I saw a makeup artist using this type of flat top brush to apply bronzer around the face, and I decided to try it that way.
Well, it is great, it applies my bronzer even better than my Sonia Kashuk powder brush, it blends everything, it has become my bronzer brush, it has soft bristles, after more than a year it hasn't shed, it hasn't broken down on me. So this brush went from being a forgotten brush to one of my everyday brushes

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this everyday to apply my powder foundation. I like to press the powder into my skin rather than buffing it because buffing seems to make my sometimes-dry skin flake. This is perfect for pressing powder in because of it's flat top. Great cost, great quality - I've had this brush for years and never seen it shed. Elf brushes are some of my favorites, I use them almost exclusively (with a few RT brushes thrown in the mix).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the one makeup brush i cannot live without. I first started using it about 5 years ago and never looked back. This is a must for liquid foundation application. I don't even know how i applied foundation before this brush. The flat top is what makes this brush a superstar. I put a little foundation on the back of my hand and dip the brush in and then stipple the liquid on my face. No matter what brand or formula of foundation i buy this brush applies it evenly and flawlessly. It covers everything and blends it in around my jawline effortlessly. Just a little bit goes a long way with this brush. Now the one i purchased 5 years ago from the website was much sturdier than they are now. I have since bought multiple ones from target and have found the handle starts to get loose after a while and need replacing more often but the application is still the best. For the price i don't mind replacing them frquently. I also use for powders and bronzers as well. Elf products are always a hit or miss but this brush is worth far more than the price.

on 7/7/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome powder brush for the price. You really can't afford to not at least try it out -- if you hate it, you're only out $3! I use it to pat powder onto my t-zone after applying tinted moisturizer (BalmShelter), and it deposits color evenly yet lightly, and the bristles are super-soft too -- but not too soft! (I find a pushing/patting motion to be more effective at keeping my skin matte, but the brush is equally good at dusting the powder as well.) To clean the brush, I use Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, and it dries quickly overnight and is left as soft as ever. I've had this brush for at least 2 years and it hasn't shown any signs of weakening (shedding hairs, etc.), but I would replace it in a heartbeat. I should probably head to Target and get a backup just in case. :)

Popular Makeup Brushes