E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent powder brush. Cleans off easily, is the perfect length, I love this. I will keep rebuying unless I find something else better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very inexpensive and good quality. have my brush for over 4 years and it is still holding up very well. I use this brush for powder foundation and blending out my blush and bronzer. My brush has not fray as I keep it in the brush guard that it comes with. The size of the brush made it easy to powder my face quickly. Daily brush of high quality.

To Read all 1494 Reviews, Login or Join

I've rebought this several times, it is a 5 star product, I bought it first of all in the Elf store in Cardiff, the woman working there recommended I use it for liquid foundation instead of buying a foundation brush, and just by looking at it I could see the logic, it's great for high coverage, and buffing, but unfortunately loses a star as commonly the brush comes off of the handle, the glue they use isn't good enough, this is not just this brush but all of the Elf brushes that I have this issue, it's such a simple fix (use better glue) so it's disappointing that so often my elf brushes break. My only other issue is only with this brush but may not be an issue with the brush itself, I used to use this brush to apply liquid foundation and I found I could get away with washing it a few times before it would just become unusable and streaky, but it was always crazy good & different when I used a brand new replacement. It would piss me off a lot more if it cost a lot more, but it's affordable to be replaceable. I now use techniques sponge for application of foundation as a result of the issues I had but I'd still say that this was a top top brush, and use it for for moisturiser and primer.

I have a 11 piece set and I'm happy with it with exceptions to above.

It's black so you can clearly see products on it, how much you are about to apply. I'm sure it's very synthetic but I don't care as it does the job well and it doesn't fall out.

I was a bit skeptical to buy elif brushes but not anymore (although I only purchase the black handle ones, the white ones don't last). This brush is dense and it works great for buffing and blending your face, I even use it for bronzer. The great thing is that it can pick up a lot of product, or a sheer amount. It really is a multi-purpose brush. Such a steal!

on 4/15/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I definitely feel like I'm missing something about the Elf brushes, or rather why they're supposedly so great! This powder brush definitely picks up product well, it's cheap and it's cruelty free, but that's about the only things I enjoy about it. I don't like that the shape of it - this extremely dense brush with a cut-off top rather than a rounded and fluffy powder brush. I've seen people complaining about the Real Techniques Powder brush being scratchy, yet loving on this brush, and I just don't understand it. To me, this is 10 times scratchier and rougher, and the denseness and the flatness of the brush top makes me feel like I'm sort of slapping powder onto my face rather than softly laying it down. The size I prefer to some other powder brushes that are comically large (Sam & Nic Chapman, looking at you and your huge but otherwise lovely powder brush). But overall, I don't enjoy using this at all, and I find myself only reaching for this when my other powder brushes aren't available/clean/are currently drying from being washed. I wouldn't buy again and I wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush for applying powder foundation. I can see it going on the bristles since it is black. It grabs the foundation well and applies it pretty well. I have also used this for liquid foundations and it worked well for that too. It's also pretty soft, hasn't shed, and seems sturdy. No reason for me to not have it! Cheap and works well.

Beautiful, soft and cheep brush. Very dense. MUltiple uses. I used to use it for foundation application, for blush and loose powder, now I have some other brushes that I use more often, but this is still a great brush. Very affordable

on 3/14/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this brush with my MAC studio fix powder foundation. it doesn't shed and it applies the powder evenly. I haven't used it with liquid foundation, but I love it for my powder foundation. Very impressed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great Brush at a great price. E.L.F studio brushes are amazeballs and this is one of my favs! I haven't really used it with liquid foundation but i've used it on all kinds of powders from my mineral loose powders to pressed and setting powders and it always blends and buffs them out to perfection. my favorite product to pair it up with is my physicians formula mineral wear airbrushing powder and also my tarte amazonian clay full coverage powder foundation. I found that it worked actually better than tarte's Airbuki brush that was similar and sold for nearly $30! It goes without saying that E.l.f saved me from breaking the bank yet again lol
definitely would recommend

on 3/2/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my holy grail liquid foundation and powder brush. It's super cheap, dense, soft and my makeup looks airbrushed when I use it. (I stipple my foundation in.)

The only problem I have is the handle. Every brush that I've had (I love this so much I have more than 1), I've had to glue gun the handle back on. I mean, as cheap as it is, I don't mind. But it is something to take into consideration.

Popular Makeup Brushes