E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 3/30/2017 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A great brush like most I've tested from elf studio. Very useful for use with compact powder foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed by this brush.
90% of my brushes are Bobbi Brown, I also own some by Dior and Sisley. I used to have some brushes by MAC but they are too poorly made for my liking. I was browsing MUA for top rated products then I saw this brush, and went to Target to check it out. I wondered how such a cheap brush could be liked by so many people.
My local Target did not had it, but there was a brush set that includes this brush on display, so I've touched it. I couldn't believe how soft and well made the brush is. I've ordered it online and happily using this brush ever since.
It's absolutely perfect (the best one I have) for powder foundation / setting powder.
This brush makes it easy to apply thin layer of product all over the face, under the eyes, and at the corners of the nose. Flat top is perfect for reaching any difficult area and precise application. Brush doesn't loose it's hair, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
It would be one of the best things ever you've spent 3$ for! Buy it, you'd love it!

on 3/16/2017 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I have had his brush for at least three years and only used it to apply finishing powder. I tried it with my ELDD foundation today because all my other brushes were dirty. HOLY MOLY why did I wait so long. It covered my hyperpigmentation flawlessly. It also didn't seem to soak up much product and was still fluffy after one use which means I can get away with using it a few times before washing. No need to add more. You need this brush!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had this brush since high school and I'm 22 now and still use it to this day. It has held up to so many washes and taken it like a champ! Can't beat. I've used it for powder and liquid!

on 2/8/2017 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this for applying powder - and it works great. The flat top works well, allowing you to stipple your powder (or press/tap) it on - since for my skin, "brushing" powder on tends to cause flakes on my dry skin. I love this so much, I'm getting another so I can keep on at work for touch ups and one at home.

I wouldn't recommend using this for foundation, it's a bit too long for a foundation product, which makes sense why it would absorb your foundation - I'd recommend the e.l.f. ultimate blending brush for applying tinted moisturizer - and it works amazingly well. It's a bit thicker/denser and shorter, so it's not swallowing so much product like this brush.

on 12/12/2016 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

E.l.f has the best drugstore brushes. For less than $10, you get an amazing brush that doesn't shed :D

This is a very nice, inexpensive alternative to many high end brushes that will rob your bank account. It applies powder nicely and evenly.

on 11/19/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this when I first purchased for on £3 at TK Maxx. I knew nothing of the great reviews it had, just thought it looked like a good brush for foundation. And it was but with 2 major draw backs for me. No. 1, it absorbs too much product. Because it has quite deep/long bristles when I used it with EL DW it produced a flawless finish but got through the Foundation 2 to 3 times as quickly than with say my real techniques sculpting brush. I'm not sure if it is completely synthetic bristles because I found the brush super absorbent as well, which leads me to problem no 2. Due to problem no 1 it died when I cleaned it for the third time. As I had to work the bristles quite hard to clean it, especially using double wear it detached from the handle and obviously broke. I use baby oil to clean & baby shampoo in warm water to clean brushes & only ever lost this brush as a casualty of my cleaning. Besides these flaws,this brush is amazing for foundation application. I never tried it for powder so can't comment.

This makeup brush changed the way my makeup looks in the best way. It is the perfect brush for applying liquid foundation! It is easy to clean and I have never seen any bristles fall out after having it for over a year. Amazing quality and price- it can't be beat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

price is great but legitimately feels like I'm scratching my face with my cat's brush

Popular Makeup Brushes