E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

This is a very nice, inexpensive alternative to many high end brushes that will rob your bank account. It applies powder nicely and evenly.

on 11/19/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this when I first purchased for on £3 at TK Maxx. I knew nothing of the great reviews it had, just thought it looked like a good brush for foundation. And it was but with 2 major draw backs for me. No. 1, it absorbs too much product. Because it has quite deep/long bristles when I used it with EL DW it produced a flawless finish but got through the Foundation 2 to 3 times as quickly than with say my real techniques sculpting brush. I'm not sure if it is completely synthetic bristles because I found the brush super absorbent as well, which leads me to problem no 2. Due to problem no 1 it died when I cleaned it for the third time. As I had to work the bristles quite hard to clean it, especially using double wear it detached from the handle and obviously broke. I use baby oil to clean & baby shampoo in warm water to clean brushes & only ever lost this brush as a casualty of my cleaning. Besides these flaws,this brush is amazing for foundation application. I never tried it for powder so can't comment.

To Read all 1501 Reviews, Login or Join

This makeup brush changed the way my makeup looks in the best way. It is the perfect brush for applying liquid foundation! It is easy to clean and I have never seen any bristles fall out after having it for over a year. Amazing quality and price- it can't be beat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

price is great but legitimately feels like I'm scratching my face with my cat's brush

on 10/28/2016 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I would like to state that probably everyone on here is rating this brush 5 stars because for 3 dollars it is. Had this brush been more expensive i dont see myself or many other gals raving about it.

Anyway, the brush is very soft, doesn't shed and is very easy to wash, it holds up very well. I have had it for a about 3 years, i use it on and off. Personally i dont like to use this brush for liquid foundation but others seem to like it. I love it for my setting powder. Rimmel stay matte powder. I love it for that particular task. But only for powder. Once im done with my makeup ill usually go over my whole face with this brush just to blend everything together with some powder. For the price you wont be disappointed. Depending on your budget you can go for elf brushes or real techniques which are slightly more expensive but are awsome quality but still very affordable.

on 9/10/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Y'all this brush is everything for application of liquid foundation! I got this because a friend of mine that I work with told me this is the bees knees and IT IS! I have been using this with L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation this week and application has been flawless. The brush does not soak up a bunch of the foundation and it applies in a streak-free finish. I cannot say enough good things for this $3 brush! I will be getting more!

on 8/13/2016 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Who would give this an excellent rating??? This is unfairly rated better than some luxury brushes!

Let me save you some time.

If you starting off with makeup and want to try different brush shapes with different textured products then you should probably practice with this. It's cheap. Both in quality and in price. You won't be offended if it breaks on you which it probably will do within a few months)

If you have moved up to anything above MAC quality or have an interest in Japanese brushes you will be sorely disappointed as this brush is scratchy, ineffective, breaks easily, and can pass for a children's makeup set brush from the dollar store. Honestly, makeup brushes are so insanely expensive (especially if you're purchasing certain hairs or from certain countries) but they often last decades and are a pleasure to work with aesthetically and in application. This brush will give you sloppy, unblended makeup. If you like quality, subtle makeup, excellent blending or natural results, this is not for you. It would be a shame to use this with higher end makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This brush is so affordable (I think $3??) and dense so you can get a lot of coverage with it! I have had mine for 2+ years and it is still going strong. The only thing was, when I was washing it, the bottom half came loose and eventually fell off, but it didn't really bother me because I get more control with just the brush head now. I bought another one a year ago because I liked it so much, and I use that one for blush and bronzer. This is a great brush for powder, and the product does not "disappear" into the brush. Very soft and gentle on the skin as well!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent powder brush. Cleans off easily, is the perfect length, I love this. I will keep rebuying unless I find something else better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very inexpensive and good quality. have my brush for over 4 years and it is still holding up very well. I use this brush for powder foundation and blending out my blush and bronzer. My brush has not fray as I keep it in the brush guard that it comes with. The size of the brush made it easy to powder my face quickly. Daily brush of high quality.

Popular Makeup Brushes