OPI Hawaiian Orchid

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't decide whether to like the shade or not. The shade is best described an old rose, which has slight warmth in it. I like that it's very sophisticated and not barbie pink at all. The polish is still sheer after 2 coats and I can see my nail line pretty visibly. You need to add 3 coats to make it opaque because with 2 coats my nails tips look yellow. This pretty much summarizes my problem with this polish: when looked at close range indoors, the shade tends to look coral, which is not flattering on my NC15 skin. On the other hand, outdoors or viewed from a distance the shade is an understated lovely rose that has some pearl in it.

The OPI quality is still as good as usual. No streaks, and the polish lasts 5 days. My advice is to test the shade at store before buying, because based on my own experience and reading the other reviews, the results depend a lot on the person's coloring. I probably wouldn't repurchase, because there are so many other pinks on the market and this doesn't feel 100% right.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this for a polished, professional look. It's a natural pink with very slight lilac iridescence. It's very slightly sheer after 2 coats on me, but applied smoothly and wears well.

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

I have two different versions of this polish. They are both the same colour - soft pink with lilac flash - but the older is very sheer (cannot be built to opacity) for french manicures which and the newer is an opaque creme. They are both pretty, delicate-looking polishes.

Based on reading the reviews, it looks like there may even be more versions in between the fully sheer and the fully opaque versions which I have.

This is sooo pretty! Absolutely perfect pink for my light, warm skin. If you love pink but don't want too sheer or too loud, this is perfection! I'm in love with this gorgeous girly but sophisticated color. I especially recommend it to those of you who are fair skinned.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this polish. It's sheer - after 3 coats my nail line still shows a bit - but there's no streakiness. This is a light pink with a duochrome of lilac that's less visible with each coat that is applied. It's pretty - demure with a twist!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was initially really turned off by HC's blue duochrome in the bottle, however thankfully it is NOT visible when worn!

Gorgeous, must have OPI pink. I don't even really like pink nailpolishes but this is a non garish, really pretty medium glowy pink. It looks amazing on my warm toned skin.

key points-- NOT streaky! wonderful, easy to apply formula.

Definitely a must have from OPI

Beautiful color. I did 3 coats (because I had time) and it looks great. I've done two coats of this color before, too, and I liked it as well.

Satisfied!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did not blow me away. It's a sheer coral pink with lavender shimmer, but the lavender is very faint. If you go online, you often see very lavender pictures of this polish but I assure you, it's more of a coral pink. The duochrome shimmer is bluish-lavender but it hardly shows up. This is a good base for a French manicure or a work appropriate polish but it didn't send me over the moon.

Mmmm, what a classy shade of pink! It's got a rather understated holographic sheen to it that I love. I've got cool toned, very pale skin and this polish works magic with it. It does go on a little sheerly, but I got around that problem by applying as a base coat Sally Hansen's Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen in 05, Pink Chrome. After the pink chrome, I simply applied two coats of the Hawaiian Orchid, and Voilą! Perfect opaque pink.

This color is just--OK. It's not bad, but considering how many pink nail polishes there are out there, I was expecting a little more from OPI. I saw flashes of irredescence in the bottle under store lighting and if this polish contained more I would be in love with it. I see a little bit of shimmer under bright sunlight but that's about. I have pink undertones in my skin, I'm very fair (NW15) in MAC and this polish just sort of disappears on my nails. I needed 3 coats to be opaque. It's a nice subtle color that is good for work for me but I won't be reaching for it when I want a pretty color to wear for a night out

Popular Polishes